BILL TENNISON (ORANGEFIELD) TOURNAMENT/POST UPDATES HERE!

WOSgrad

Pool A - Orangefield, Nederland, FTCA, Jasper and Port Neches-Groves

Pool B - West Orange-Stark, Beaumont Kelly Catholic, East Chambers, Vidor and Tatum

Thursday games:

9:30 am - FTCA vs. Jasper

Port Neches-Groves vs. Nederland

11:00 am - Tatum vs. West Orange-Stark

12:30 pm - Orangefield vs. Jasper

Vidor vs. East Chambers

2:00 pm - Port Neches-Groves vs. FTCA

3:30 pm - Tatum vs. Beaumont Kelly Catholic

West Orange-Stark vs. Vidor

6:30 pm - Orangefield vs. Nederland

East Chambers vs. Beaumont Kelly Catholic

Friday games:

9:30 am - West Orange-Stark vs. East Chambers

Tatum vs. Vidor

11:00 am - Beaumont Kelly Catholic vs. West Orange-Stark

12:30 pm - Orangefield vs. FTCA

Nederland vs. Jasper

2:00 pm - East Chambers vs. Tatum

3:30 pm - Vidor vs. Beaumont Kelly Catholic

Jasper vs. Port Neches-Groves

6:30 pm - Orangefield vs. Port Neches-Groves

FTCA vs. Nederland

Tatum defeat Beaumont Kelly 89-19.

@9:30 and 2:00 in the Bill Tennison Tournament.

Lady Eagles defeated West Orange Stark 60-40 in their 1st appearance at the Bill Tennison Memorial Tournament.

Is there another place to get scores from this tournament, it's evident no one keeping up are interested here. 

It's probably because Orangefield is classless.  They lose to EC and then cheer for Tatum in Championship game cuz they had butt hurt. 

Who's classless here, a team cheering for a team that cheered for them, a team they bonded with throughout the tournament, a team they exchanged personal info with to keep in touch with them or someone getting on a message board calling high school kids classless. Hmmmm I think we know who's butt hurt 

Orange field hosted the Bill Tennison Memorial Basketball Tournament.  During the East Chambers/Tatum game, 25 to 30 Orangefield basketball players and students sat  directly behind the East Chambers bench (first four rows) and screamed for Tatum.  I commend Orangefield in trying to drownd out the East Chambers coach.  Collectively, Orangefield spoke with one loud voice. Why didn't Orangefield sit behind the team they were  supporting?  

Whatever the case, Orangefield lost  earlier in the day to East Chambers 56 to 34 knocking Orangefield out.  

East Chambers would go on to the Championship game to play Tatum.  The game was close with a 5 lead changes in the 3rd period.   The game stayed within two points both ways through the first 4 minutes of the 4th period.

FINAL SCORE     EAST CHAMBERS. 55

Tatum                      63

Edited by Speaker1
grammatical errors

So since they were building a bond with new friends why weren't they sitting behind tatum bench. Why weren't they doing there little cheers during Tatum timeouts were they couldn't here there coach. We all seen the same thing as you all did. Just stating the facts. I mean I'm not making excuses the crowd is part of the game and it was a good game. But there was alittle more there than just making new friends lol.

Wow shows a lot of class to get on here and bad mouth a group of high school kids. Since you were at all of the games did you see that the Tatum teams and fans were sitting with the O F kids and fans at several games??????? And why weren't they behind Tatum bench???? Might have been because they were sitting in the student section....guess you missed seeing that at the games you attended.... I have not seen any HIGH SCHOOL  STUDENTS/ATHLETES get on here and bad mouth other fans or kids. I think it might be time for yall to move on and leave our kids out of this.....

I have to say, I was there primarily to watch the boys' games but caught a couple of girls games.  The Tatum team arrived Wednesday night for a shoot around and met and played with the OF girls (from what I was told yesterday).  The reason I found this out because I was asking due to the fact that the Tatum team was louder and more supportive of the OF girls team than even the OF fans.  They were leading cheers and very loud and supportive throughout a close game OF had with Nederland.  The reason the favor was returned when Tatum played should be obvious.  Sometimes grown ups are more childish than 15-18 yo girls.  I think it's pretty obvious who is "butt hurt" and it's not the girls.

By the way, that Tatum team can really play.  I'm impressed with how close EC played them.  Both teams should be commended.