Katy!!

Looks like the only real issue is the district certification.

But Katy, with all of the talent and kids that it has, why would the coaches even put someone in that had been with the school for only 17 days?  You have kids that likely haven't touched the field that have busted their tails since the summer that deserve a chance to get in there.

They were playing the Scout Team.

Some tweets from reports

-The Katy Ruling is underway. AD Decker says her interpretation of the 15-day rule is what went wrong with illegal player. No ruling yet

-Katy ISD to UIL exec. comm., "You in your capacity can rule him ineligible but not forfeit the game"

-Superintendent Alton Frailey: says the team made a mistake but asks the UIL not force Katy HS to forfeit. @Fox26Houston

-Superintendent: do not let our mistake take away from all players who worked so hard to get where they are this season. @Fox26Houston

-Mike Motherall of UIL: says player was not eligible to play Friday. Thats not up for debate. He will from school off next. @Fox26Houston

-Katy ISD superintendent: I'll take care of things back home... but I don't think its fair for our mistakes to take season away from the kids

-Colbert: Have you had any infractions before? Katy ISD AD says this is their first problem. I guess this was a pre-1998 question.

-Katy ISD AD Debbie Decker is absolutely falling on the grenade in Austin. Says she did not know the rule in question.

-CONFIRMED: Katy's ineligible player in question is a sophomore offensive lineman. Still don't have a name attached.