Angleton 48 Port Neches-Groves 30/Final

WOSgrad

I have to say, this was a layup for almost all the Indians in the prediction thread. The 90% margin in the poll kind of concerned me after Dayton racked up a ton of yards last week.  I guess this ends any comparisons between the Vidor and Angleton offenses. Good season PNG. You guys are close to breaking through but need to shore up the defense and physicality to take that next step.

Again Northern Lights, the Vidor offense and Angleton offense are totally different. We run the slot-T and Angleton runs a version of the wing-T. From what I saw tonight, they ran several different formations at PNG. The two offenses are no where near similar. 

Again Northern Lights, the Vidor offense and Angleton offense are totally different. We run the slot-T and Angleton runs a version of the wing-T. From what I saw tonight, they ran several different formations at PNG. The two offenses are no where near similar. 

He wasn't comparing them at all. Some people this week were saying PNG would be ready for Angleton's run heavy offense because they played Vidor.

Billy foster will be a name to remember. Kid will probably be playing on Sundays in about 6 or 7 years.

Wish I knew the stats I'm sure he had 250 - 300 yds rushing plus a 50 yarder called back

20 carries for 310 and five touchdowns. Kid is definitely legit but PNG tackling efforts were pretty poor and they had no speed to catch him once he got to the second level. Just a different quality of athlete produced in Angleton than PNG. 

This is the hidden content, please

Well, same story for PNG. Four playoff games in three years and PNG has given given up at least 41 in each game. Wasn't anything pretty for Angleton, they just did what they do. Toss left, toss right and hand off up the middle. 

Completely different looking teams on the field physically. 

Boy, you said a mouthful!  Those guys were men among boys out there.  AND, they had speed and smarts too!  You can't fault the Indians, who were simply out-manned.

Still proud of my boys.  They hung in there till the end.

Still questioning the 2 point attempt by Angleton, with 1:30 left.   Seems classless to me.

Couple of notes (Just my opinion so don't get your panties in a wad)

1.) If we play a physical team, their is a good chance we wont win

2.) Long's season and career total yards might not be broken anytime soon. Really thought Adam could do it

3.) Don't know why we run reverses and flee flickers in the red zone, especially after we just marched the field running non trick plays.

4.) I hope one day BF realizes that the whole concept of running two platoon is good in theory, but this is PNG, we don't have 2000 students and a bunch of D1 recruits. Kids need to be playing both ways with subs to relief them for a few plays. Yes, I realize defense played better this year, but think about how much better they could be if some of those kids playing on the other side of the ball and same thing for the offense.

5.) I feel for the kids, they have been talking about these groups since they entered HS. Just wait till they are Juniors and Seniors, they will be just a good as the 99 team. I hope we stop comparing any group to that 99 team because one that was an amazing team and second that's a lot of pressure to put on kids.

6.) Ending on a positive note, I really thought this was one of BF better coaching years. Once he had a lead this year he protected it by running the ball more, unlike the years before where he would still throw the ball around the yard. It also looks like he is realizing how important defense is and starting to put a few players on defense instead taking  all of them for offense and giving the defense the left overs.

7.) Overall, cant complain to much: CO-District Champs and a 2nd round appearance. Great job INDIANS and especially the Seniors.

Hope I didn't offend anybody to much, just my two cents. 

Couple of notes (Just my opinion so don't get your panties in a wad)

1.) If we play a physical team, their is a good chance we wont win

2.) Long's season and career total yards might not be broken anytime soon. Really thought Adam could do it

3.) Don't know why we run reverses and flee flickers in the red zone, especially after we just marched the field running non trick plays.

4.) I hope one day BF realizes that the whole concept of running two platoon is good in theory, but this is PNG, we don't have 2000 students and a bunch of D1 recruits. Kids need to be playing both ways with subs to relief them for a few plays. Yes, I realize defense played better this year, but think about how much better they could be if some of those kids playing on the other side of the ball and same thing for the offense.

5.) I feel for the kids, they have been talking about these groups since they entered HS. Just wait till they are Juniors and Seniors, they will be just a good as the 99 team. I hope we stop comparing any group to that 99 team because one that was an amazing team and second that's a lot of pressure to put on kids.

6.) Ending on a positive note, I really thought this was one of BF better coaching years. Once he had a lead this year he protected it by running the ball more, unlike the years before where he would still throw the ball around the yard. It also looks like he is realizing how important defense is and starting to put a few players on defense instead taking  all of them for offense and giving the defense the left overs.

7.) Overall, cant complain to much: CO-District Champs and a 2nd round appearance. Great job INDIANS and especially the Seniors.

Hope I didn't offend anybody to much, just my two cents. 

you right, yall dont have 2000 students, but yall got better football participation numbers than alot of schools with 2000 students though. 

you right, yall dont have 2000 students, but yall got better football participation numbers than alot of schools with 2000 students though. 

Your also right, but most times quantity doesn't beat quality and lets face it, PNG isn't dishing out next level players. This year is by far one the better years of kids going to play at the next level that I recall.

Ok I have tried to keep my mouth shut about next season until this season was over. We have 3 lineman on both the o and the d lines back next season. We have Lejune and McZeal back. We have Runnels and McGough back. We have a couple of really good lineman on the offense coming up from the JV. We have a lightening fast soph QB competing for the job and favored to win it. Should be a couple of strong seasons coming onto the Reservation.

Have to say, offense wins games, defense wins championships. We have got to get back to practicing harder on defense with good tackling drills. We have some really good sophomores that can play some defense. We really need to cultivate that aspect of the game. Turnovers have hurt us all year. Last night was no exception. Not saying we win, but we had to play mistake free in order to have a chance. 

image.jpeg

This says your defense was better than ours, and your offense only a 4 point difference. Everybody rooting for Crosby now,  lay down your sword and except the support. 

1. I know Angleton has improved.  But so have we.

2. I agree with you about our defense.

3. In regards to our offense being 4 points better, please consider that starters were out of the game before the end of the 3rd quarter.

Good season PNG.

This says your defense was better than ours, and your offense only a 4 point difference. Everybody rooting for Crosby now,  lay down your sword and except the support. 

like I said before, not saying Angleton would of beat Crosby, but Angleton had 5 key players out against them including the RB. I think the score wouldn't of been as bad.

like I said before, not saying Angleton would of beat Crosby, but Angleton had 5 key players out against them including the RB. I think the score wouldn't of been as bad.

wth just the RB in you would have given them a game I'm sure. Hopefully the Wildcats make it a couple more rounds and we can see a Crosby vs Angleton rematch.

And if our RB hadn't have gotten hurt halfway through the first quarter (7 carries for 94 yards in 6 minutes) the score would have been worse.