Welcome to 22-5A Memorial

prepballfan

Let's talk real...... Forget the BS a few are spewing..... 6a to 5a is a huge difference... I promise PAM is loaded with athletes... If things fall right and Xbox leaves for a play station... It could get good... I can see PAM being the class of the region quickly.. This is nothing but a positive for the district... You play to your competition... Now I'm sure a few will get on and throw some stats out that mean absolutely nothing but to themselves... But get ready folks, this could be awesome.. It also will make the non playoff teams decide if they want to run real offenses or stick with the slot or variation of it.. Makes for a dogfight for the top 4..... It's going to be tough to slide in behind the 3 regulars.. Add PAM and it's really hard... The only team that could be hurt is Nederland because of boundaries.. They stand to lose a few players yearly if PAM is playing at a high level... So throw out some stats and say it ain't so.. But I KNOW... I'm not looking at a computer screen with blinders on... Real life, is if PAM puts themselves in the right position, they can be real good... Time will tell... If everyone is playing xbox after Christmas then maybe it won't happen, but if the Xbox breaks , it could get real... The initials TD ring a bell????? Yeah, that's real... He wants 2 feeder schools and athletes.... Yep... That's real... PAM, PNG, Nederland, Central, I like that as a top 4...... Everyone else better buckle up....

No doubt PAM has the athletes to compete, it will be interesting to see where this leads. Will Kenny Ray be the New AD when Boutte is gone, or will a new HC/AD be hired? Will it be a head BB coach/ AD? Sorry folks,this isnt the same PA from 30 yrs back, back then there were state championships in baseball, basketball and good runs in football as well. Last I saw the hispanic population was at 50%......,No offense to anyone but the hispanics dont participate in football, basketball etc.........Things have, and will continue to change in PA, just like every other place. Born and bred in PA, bleed maroon and gold and would never want to offend anyone. The demographics in PA are steadily changing.......

No doubt PAM has the athletes to compete, it will be interesting to see where this leads. Will Kenny Ray be the New AD when Boutte is gone, or will a new HC/AD be hired? Will it be a head BB coach/ AD? Sorry folks,this isnt the same PA from 30 yrs back, back then there were state championships in baseball, basketball and good runs in football as well. Last I saw the hispanic population was at 50%......,No offense to anyone but the hispanics dont participate in football, basketball etc.........Things have, and will continue to change in PA, just like every other place. Born and bred in PA, bleed maroon and gold and would never want to offend anyone. The demographics in PA are steadily changing.......

It's possibly because of the desegregation lawsuit(s). That's what I think about the demographic shift in PAISD. Quality has been affected as a result of this so either parents send their children to private schools or neighboring school districts (Nederland, Port Neches, etc.). As far as Head FB coach and\or AD is concerned, a change in leadership is necessary.

I am unbiased so let me say, it was never if the Titans were bad the last two years. They truly did not have the depth to compete at the 6A level. They beat both Ozen and Central last year in nondistrict and beat Central again this year. When they went up against La Porte and North Shore, the numbers got in their way and they almost beat La Porte this season. Deer Park is another school that simply had far too many kids to sub in and out. If you think PAM does not have talent on the field every year, you are sadly mistaken. Kameron Martin would have been one of the top, if not the top, players in 22-5A this year. There is no question about that. 

So why are yall scared of Memorial, they will get the same BARK & BITE as any other team. From the way I see and hear it, we are always the slowest and most undersized team. Man when these DOGS stand on the shoulders of this COACHING STAFF, man I have no worries. Titans come with it and WELCOME TO THE DISTRICT! HOME OF THE 5 STRAIGHT DISTRICT CHAMPS.

BTW, I don't see PAM coming into 22-5A and being this world beater all of sudden. They split with Ozen and Central this year neither of which were that great. Unless PAM gets better coaching I feel their situation will be the same as these schools. Central can match athletes with anybody, and I do mean anybody, but can't make it past the first round of the playoffs. Is Xbox the man to give PAM the automatic 22-5A championship? I'm not buying it, sorry.

BTW, I don't see PAM coming into 22-5A and being this world beater all of sudden. They split with Ozen and Central this year neither of which were that great. Unless PAM gets better coaching I feel their situation will be the same as these schools. Central can match athletes with anybody, and I do mean anybody, but can't make it past the first round of the playoffs. Is Xbox the man to give PAM the automatic 22-5A championship? I'm not buying it, sorry.

like I always tell Soulja: our coaching is on the same level as Central. 

Olddog    Welcome Titans .    
Olgabe               One of the top 10 stat wise ,  or so not the top . I don't see the stats changing much against this district  - just did not get the carries for whatever reason , which I don't understand ,  but could have had nagging injury , soreness who knows ? Not the coach , not my lively-hood , not my business !,  but yes a gifted athlete who I will root for at the next level . Except against Lamar ! Lol! SO welcome to the distict PA . As close as we can get to "the old rivalries " but still a good thing for triangle football !  Big crowds , lotta smack , good games !  But we all have to get up to speed to play this west Houston "planned " 6a in 5a for a couple of  years to win everything from  band/ academics    /athletics  , feel good instant tradition thing ! Aka joke 5A with 2400 . We can beat it since we now know what it is . 
Now don't expect , as you know , things to get much easier , but it will be a bit  fairer . Believe  me , no one is scared and as you know you still got to earn the respect ! No freebies ! 

Its a goOd move for PAM to move into 5A. Reduce travel cost, build better rivalry games, get the kids back sooner for study?homework assignments and maybe they can now win some games.

they were winning games in 6A as well, Dove shouldn't you be focusing on HF winning state in bball?