PN-G vs Angleton poll

PN-G Angleton Poll  

74 members have voted

1. 1. PN-G vs Angleton Who wins?

• PN-G by 10+
    • PN-G by less than 10
    • Angleton by 10+
    • Angleton by less than 10

You can't gauge how one team like wos playing png vs wos vs Foster. DAYTON walked all over Ned and lost to us. Just doesn't work for me. I think our offense can get the job done, Morse was a general out there last night. We cut down on turnovers, penalties and i promise you Angleton will have their hands full. Our Defense has to play alot better, we got carved up last night, but hung in there when it mattered most. Like someone said this is the playoffs got to bring your A game from here on out!

It's all about how your playing right now and I think the Indians are playing good football. Dayton has been a thorn in their playoff side and that was a huge hurdle PNG got past. Angleton plays a similar style game to Dayton and I think PNG will be up for the task. Port Neches Groves 42, Angleton 28.

Actually, Angleton and Dayton are nowhere near similar. Angleton runs the wing-t offense. Also the Wildcats have a much better defense than Daytons. Most points given up was to Crosby and again they were missing 4 defensive starters that game. Don't know if PNG has faced any wingt offenses, but Angleton has played similar offenses that the Indians run. Foster runs the same offense and they have more athletes then PNG and the Cats gave them lots of problems. Again I'm sure PNG is a heck of a team or they wouldn't be playing, but I think Angleton will give them a heck game.

Actually, Angleton and Dayton are nowhere near similar. Angleton runs the wing-t offense. Also the Wildcats have a much better defense than Daytons. Most points given up was to Crosby and again they were missing 4 defensive starters that game. Don't know if PNG has faced any wingt offenses, but Angleton has played similar offenses that the Indians run. Foster runs the same offense and they have more athletes then PNG and the Cats gave them lots of problems. Again I'm sure PNG is a heck of a team or they wouldn't be playing, but I think Angleton will give them a heck game.

We have 2 teams in our district that run the T or a variation of it... Vidor and Lumberton... However they do it without the athletes that Angleton has.. That being said I've watched some film on Angleton and they have plenty of team speed.. Nothing is a gimme at this point.. It also appears Angleton has several athletes on defense, so it should be a good one... PNG runs a multiple and can take whatever the defense is willing to give us... We can pound it off tackle if needed or spread you out and throw it 30 times a game.. I see this as a highly competitive game and think the team that plays mistake free will win.. At this point everyone is battle tested and injury plagued.. It's next man up and hope you brung enough......

It's all about how your playing right now and I think the Indians are playing good football. Dayton has been a thorn in their playoff side and that was a huge hurdle PNG got past. Angleton plays a similar style game to Dayton and I think PNG will be up for the task. Port Neches Groves 42, Angleton 

----Not at all offensively. They are much closer to Vidor actually. 

Edited by Northern Lights

I think we fair better against the run. Appears Angleton runs a lot. They can air it out if needed but I don't think they are anything compared to Dayton. If the run the wing-t, then we should be ready for that because Vidor runs that fairly well and we completely shut it down. Now they have different athletes but we should be ready. They look like they have a good Defense. If they are aggressive up front that could give us problems. Anyone know how their defensive backs look? Are they small? Do they play against our style of offense?

When we played Angleton in the playoffs during the 2011 football season, they ran multiple formations including Dayton's patented bubble screen...perhaps they changed to the passing game before we played them? Trust me, I know the slot - T and wing -T and they didn't run it most of the game against us. It was the last time I've seen Angleton play since that time so I could be wrong about them now. I think they had evolved their version sort of like Livingston had where they passed about 40% of the time. 

Edited by robanadana

I think we fair better against the run. Appears Angleton runs a lot. They can air it out if needed but I don't think they are anything compared to Dayton. If the run the wing-t, then we should be ready for that because Vidor runs that fairly well and we completely shut it down. Now they have different athletes but we should be ready. They look like they have a good Defense. If they are aggressive up front that could give us problems. Anyone know how their defensive backs look? Are they small? Do they play against our style of offense?

Not to take anything away from what y'all did to us the last game defensively but most of the kids on that team had given up on the season. Haylon Leckelt only played one quarter. Very disappointing season from the Pirates of which we had high expectations.Sort of like you guys during the 2012.

I have to go with PNG. If Angleton is in the outdated wing t aka pop warner offense, it's going to be a long night for the wildcats. During the scrimmage this year with LCM and PNG the Indians controlled the game. Not saying much because we still don't know how to run it lol

Ennis won state just recently running that offense, so it isn't so outdated. 

As far as the secondary, both corners are 5'10, 165lbs. One corner is a Texas State commit. Both safeties have good size. One is 6'2, 175 and is a junior. He has multiple D1 offers. The other safety is Angletons best playmaker and is only a sophomore. He is 6'3, 180 and very athletic. He has offers from multiple Big 12 schools. Both of those kids didn't play against Crosby.

As far as the secondary, both corners are 5'10, 165lbs. One corner is a Texas State commit. Both safeties have good size. One is 6'2, 175 and is a junior. He has multiple D1 offers. The other safety is Angletons best playmaker and is only a sophomore. He is 6'3, 180 and very athletic. He has offers from multiple Big 12 schools. Both of those kids didn't play against Crosby.

They started running that offense in 1938 that's older than my grandfather. But hey your right Ennis did win a state championship and  this year  they will be watching the state championship games from the stands. Ive never been a big fan of the offense

Edited by LCM17

Should be an interesting match with our receivers. Giblin 6'3" Sulivan 6'1" McZeal 6'5" Mcgough 6'3" all are very athletic. They key for Angleton would be to put pressure on Morse. If you give time time he will tear you up. Robanadana, Yes I agree that Vidor wasn't really up to their last game. But I think by us playing against you guys over the years has helped us against the wing-t.

Should be an interesting match with our receivers. Giblin 6'3" Sulivan 6'1" McZeal 6'5" Mcgough 6'3" all are very athletic. They key for Angleton would be to put pressure on Morse. If you give time time he will tear you up. Robanadana, Yes I agree that Vidor wasn't really up to their last game. But I think by us playing against you guys over the years has helped us against the wing-t.

I think PN-G has a good shot of winning this game. But, if you are comparing Vidor's version of the Slot-T to Angleton's version of the Wing-T then I think you will be greatly disappointed. 

Edited by jake94

Ennis won state just recently running that offense, so it isn't so outdated

veer? 

Having angleton's cbs at 5'10" could spell them a problem with png's big wr.  Sullivan is 6'1" ,  Giblin is 6'3". Mczeal is 6'4"

I see PNG has some good size at WR. The Angleton corners have faced some big receivers and have done a good job so far. They played against 2 D1 receivers at Foster that were 6'3 in Lamb and Fairs and against St. Thomas, they played against 3 receivers that were at least 6'3. It will be a challenge though. The Dline will have to put pressure on the QB to help these corners out.

First of all, whoever said Angleton and Dayton are anything alike should get a one week ban. The same goes for whoever said "we should be prepared for them because we played Vidor." 

Angleton will be far and away the most physical team PNG has seen to date. These guys have been playing GR, Foster, PLC and just beat Texas City. Just like I told the people last week that were saying how good their defense was and that they could get stops on Dayton, you just better plan on outscoring them. 

Dayton and PNG is a good matchup because they're both mediocre on defense and will play finesse on offense if you let them which is why they combined for over 180 points these last two years. Last Friday Dayton and PNG ran 60 and 65 plays, respectively. Last year when Dayton played Angleton they ran 37 plays to Angleton's 79. I expect Angleton to do something similar to PNG. 

Angleton is going to play physical defense and run the ball, PNG will probably only have about half the possessions they did against Dayton. If you had to make a line for this game I think it would be a pick 'em but I like the way Angleton is playing defense right now. They held GR to 264 total yards, held a good PLC offense to 6 points, held a TC team that just dropped 36 on Ridge Point to 14 and held Foster to 21. They're only giving up a shade over 15ppg the last month of the season.