*Player Of The Year*?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen Donahoe, Brown, and Thomas play.  I'm rollin with Brown.  We are discussing talent, huh?  Not off the court or any other stuff.  Obviously, you guys havn't seen the kid play.  No disrespect to Donahoe, but Thomas would come in second.  Just calling it like I see it.

I respectively disagree!!!!!

Brown maybe 1st but Donahoe is a definate second!!!!

ltown lost his mind somewhere, so if you happen to be a friend of his please do him a favor and help him find it.

I think the guys that are putting Donahoe up, along with Thomas, and yes Letsinger, obviously know more of what they are talking about.

Brown doesn't deserve it because he doesn't have the class that helps his team, but rather an attitude that hurts his team.

And yes, attitude and how he helps lead his team have everything to do with what kind of player you are. You can have all the talent and not be junk for a player.  

Obviously Donahoe has some EXTREMELY special talent, and I think he would probably get player of the year for this area.  Having said that, anyone who says Brandon Letsinger can't hang with the big boys is obviously uninformed or just ignorant of this kid's talent.  I've noticed since I've been reading these forums that there are some people who have no problem posting about things that they OBVIOUSLY know nothing about. 

As far as Brown goes, I don't know him, so I can't comment on his attitude, but I do know that a lack of coachability can severely hurt a player's progress and growth, and a bad attitude can poison an entire team.  IF he does have a bad attitude and IF the post (that has now been removed) was really from him, he has a lot of growing up to do and for his sake, I hope he'll work on that.  I feel sorry for the kid to be honest; you never know what a kid has been through in life...and IF his attitude really is that bad, he'll discover soon enought that it doesn't get him anywhere in life or on the court.  He's just a junior, right?  I truly hope for his sake that he'll get it together before it's too late, and hopefully he has coaches that will help him learn the lessons he needs to (even if that means taking a stand that might not benefit the team in the short term) instead of just taking advantage of his talent.

Thanks Poppa, at least you have seen all three and are calling like you see it. Unlike some of these people who have only seen one of these players and says they should get it without a doubt!

ltown lost his mind somewhere, so if you happen to be a friend of his please do him a favor and help him find it.

I think the guys that are putting Donahoe up, along with Thomas, and yes Letsinger, obviously know more of what they are talking about.

Brown doesn't deserve it because he doesn't have the class that helps his team, but rather an attitude that hurts his team.

And yes, attitude and how he helps lead his team have everything to do with what kind of player you are. You can have all the talent and not be junk for a player.  

All this bull being said I bet if Memorial played any of those teams they would beat them by at least 20 or more...so you tell me about making a team better or not....honestly I dont think most of the people making comments have seen all 3 players, Danahoe is good but not playing competition and no exposure means no-where, the other kid Letsinger he's ok but cant compete with the others on list, NOT taking anything away from attitude but talent wise Brown by far, all of yall really dont know yall see a player over emotional about the game and first thing oh he's done he the best of the best....dont talk cause you know the kids personally or from their community but they couldnt compete on a 5a level plain and simple....

All this bull being said I bet if Memorial played any of those teams they would beat them by at least 20 or more...so you tell me about making a team better or not....honestly I dont think most of the people making comments have seen all 3 players, Danahoe is good but not playing competition and no exposure means no-where, the other kid Letsinger he's ok but cant compete with the others on list, NOT taking anything away from attitude but talent wise Brown by far, all of yall really dont know yall see a player over emotional about the game and first thing oh he's done he the best of the best....dont talk cause you know the kids personally or from their community but they couldnt compete on a 5a level plain and simple....

You sound very hypocritical when you say that. "..but they couldnt compete on a 5a level plain and simple.... "

It seems like you haven't seen any of the players that are listed play, and that you are just talking trash about other plays because one from your school isn't listed.

On topic: I haven't seen anyone but Donahoe play, but I know that he's good enough to be number one but since ive not seen the others play i cant really rank them.

You sound very hypocritical when you say that. "..but they couldnt compete on a 5a level plain and simple.... "

It seems like you haven't seen any of the players that are listed play, and that you are just talking trash about other plays because one from your school isn't listed.

On topic: I haven't seen anyone but Donahoe play, but I know that he's good enough to be number one but since ive not seen the others play i cant really rank them.

lol...I have seen everyone on the list play and I am a graduate of Memorial but Im not picking J' Covan because I know him personally, I've seen him play against the best in the nation and beat the best in the nation thats why....

Thing is, from what I've been reading from almost everyone, is that he is a giant pouter, and that he gets kicked out of games quite frequently (I don't know about that one for sure). I think it takes skill, as well as teamwork and leadership to play and that's why I don't agree with you coming in here and "informing" us that no one except for Brown can "roll" with the big guys.

Thing is, from what I've been reading from almost everyone, is that he is a giant pouter, and that he gets kicked out of games quite frequently (I don't know about that one for sure). I think it takes skill, as well as teamwork and leadership to play and that's why I don't agree with you coming in here and "informing" us that no one except for Brown can "roll" with the big guys.

Deal with it brother I said it just like that...until they prove they can "roll" with the big guys they wont be over him in rank...take it how you want to

There are plenty people not ranked that deserve to be ranked, such as Letsinger, Donahoe and a few others. Just because they're not ranked doesn't mean they can't compete with 4 and 5A schools. Attitude is a big part of basketball and from what I've heard, J'Covan doesn't have a very good one.

Yes, right out of the tip-off Letsinger hit 3 three pointers in a row and then hit a lay-up with the foul to go along with it.  Scored 12 straight points to start the game.  Had 17 in the first quarter alone and finished with 29.  He also added 10 rebounds, 7 assist, and 6 steals.  After the first quarter he got the rest of the team involved with 4 Oilers scoring in double digits.  All around great player.

WELL SAID MONEY... DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS..... BUT I BELIEVE BRANDON HAS PROBABLY PLAYED BALL WITH SOME MENTIONED... HE AND COPELAND BOTH PLAY IN BEAUMONT DURING OFF-SEASON....

IN MY OPINION BRANDON DESERVES THIS AWARD....HE'S A GOOD STUDENT, GREAT ATHLETE, INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY, AND WONDERFUL ROLE MODEL FOR ALL THE KIDS COMING UP BEHIND HIM....AND HUMBLE....I THINK IF YOU WERE TO ASK HIM IF HE DESERVED TO BE MENTIONED HERE, HE WOULD PROBABLY SAY....NAH, JUST DOING WHAT I LOVE....

TRUTH BE KNOWN HE PROBABLY WOULD NOT EVEN WANT US (WH FANS) EVEN BRINGING HIS NAME UP ON THIS THREAD....YOUR THE BEST B

Well said, sportsmom3!  I think Brandon is so humble that he wouldn't want the recognition, which says alot for his character. 

Character, integrity, humility, skill, passion... all those things combine are what make a "Player of the Year".

Can we just put in our opinion of who we think qualifies and why we think they qualify, and stop bashing each other?!?  Good grief!  It's not like any of us are "experts"... put in the opinion and let COOP make the determination, please.

Good job so far this season Brandon!  You've got my vote, if it counts!

i totally agree with you fan4all...."player of the year" is more than just stats...well mainly, its probably stats but should be a player who has game on and off the court....IF i had last say...i would pick a good athlete that was a GREAT person.......(can i vote twice)  :)  still liking letsinger!!! ;)