Jasper vs Navasota

Jasper Dawg

For jasper too have a chance they better bring their defense and pack a lunch . Eppler and dickson are  on another level their numbers since 2013 are insane ! Like to see jasper pull it out but it seems to me like when teams from the area meet up with these teams that are prolific in their passing offense or offense in general it seems like teams from the area  dont  fair to well . What is over looked is navasota defense who is missing an all atate linebacker due to injury in i think the 4th week . Pitched 3 shutouts , gave up 7 , 6 , 12,12, and the most points they gave up was 21 points and 16 Saturday.  We all know these games were over by the second qtr . No one is talking about their defense.  Fun fact Eppler was an offensive lineman 4 years ago .

Without a doubt Tiger is the best player on Jasper. I would have to give Cody the nod for most talented player because kids 6'6 245 who runs a 4.6 doesn't grow on trees lol. 

They are clearly both very talented; just in different ways.  They complement each other.  Tiger can get the ball to Cody, and Cody can get open and catch it.  And the offensive line can block for them.  Nuff said.  Football is a team sport and we need to be sensitive to the feelings of all the players on the team.  Let the scouting services do the judging.

Fun fact Navasota hasn't played anyone...

Im just ready to see how Jasper does against Navasota. Barbay has the team believing that they can actually win so i doubt jasper will come out scared and afraid Friday. 

I doubt if they will be scared.  Columbia came out pumped and "not scared" (recovered onside kick 1st play) but unless your team can score OFTEN and keep us off the field, it will another victory for Big Blue.

Im just ready to see how Jasper does against Navasota. Barbay has the team believing that they can actually win.......

Yesterday, I would have had a good chuckle over this post.  After the Texans beat Cincinnati last night, I guess that I will go to the game!  Just kidding, I was going anyway.   

trust me jasper has a very high power offense

So did Sealy since you they are the only team with a winning record on the Rattlers' schedule. 7 pts is all that they could muster up and that was on an off night offensively for Navasota. Yes, Sealy's D had something to do with that.

To put it in perspective, this is how Sealy faired versus other "top" programs: Final (DCTF Rankings)

St. Pius X (9-2) - Loss 45-14; Losses to Stafford 13-10 & St Thomas 49-19, BEAT El Campo 42-17

Wharton (8-3) Loss 22-21; Losses to El Campo, 28-17, Stafford, 27-20, and Bellville 39-27- Plays WO-S

#10 Bellville (9-2) Loss 28-14; Losses to Stafford (11-0) 40-15 & Giddings 28-26- Plays Hamshire-Fannett

#8 Giddings (11-0) Loss 38-35; Plays Orangefield

Now that we got that out the way, let's talk about Jasper's Defense. The Bulldogs gave up 42 to Vidor in a loss, 47 to Bridge City, 28 to Hargrave, 59 to Silsbee. Heck, even 21 to Splendora.

One can't help wonder how many the Rattlers will score? That should be the million dollar question instead of your claim of Jasper's "High Power Offense". Navasota will show you exactly what a high powered offense looks like. If I haven't learned anything, I've learned that it takes a heck of a defense to win championships. A good offense makes it a lot easier, lol.

So did Sealy since you they are the only team with a winning record on the Rattlers' schedule. 7 pts is all that they could muster up and that was on an off night offensively for Navasota. Yes, Sealy's D had something to do with that.

To put it in perspective, this is how Sealy faired versus other "top" programs: Final (DCTF Rankings)

St. Pius X (9-2) - Loss 45-14; Losses to Stafford 13-10 & St Thomas 49-19, BEAT El Campo 42-17

Wharton (8-3) Loss 22-21; Losses to El Campo, 28-17, Stafford, 27-20, and Bellville 39-27- Plays WO-S

#10 Bellville (9-2) Loss 28-14; Losses to Stafford (11-0) 40-15 & Giddings 28-26- Plays Hamshire-Fannett

Now that we got that out the way, let's talk about Jasper's Defense. The Bulldogs gave up 42 to Vidor in a loss, 47 to Bridge City, 28 to Hargrave, 59 to Silsbee. Heck, even 21 to Splendora.

One can't help wonder how many the Rattlers will score? That should be the million dollar question instead of your claim of Jasper's "High Power Offense". Navasota will show you exactly what a high powered offense looks like. If I haven't learned anything, I've learned that it takes a heck of a defense to win championships. A good offense makes it a lot easier, lol.

I'll be honest with you Navasota will probably score on almost every possession offensively. Our defense is questionable and pretty small. 

I'll be honest with you Navasota will probably score on almost every possession offensively. Our defense is questionable and pretty small. 

Sadly for most teams that I have seen Navasota play, their scoring on almost every possession is just about right on.  Especially the last time Jasper and Navasota played...  We need #99 to help us in this game!

if u kno football talent not h

if u kno football talent not  hieght n weight lol. Talent is wat u can produce on da field n tiger is da most talented kid we got. he can play every position on da field evan lineman lol. We play our game it will b a good game

Jasper had 3 key players out against Silsbee that are back for playoffs which includes the most talented player on the jasper squad Cody Mitchell. No one is expecting Jasper to win which should only add fuel to the fire for jasper. 

they most talented player lol who is this from jasper i wonder

They are clearly both very talented; just in different ways.  They complement each other.  Tiger can get the ball to Cody, and Cody can get open and catch it.  And the offensive line can block for them.  Nuff said.  Football is a team sport and we need to be sensitive to the feelings of all the players on the team.  Let the scouting services do the judging.

u rite but theres not a better leader than him. He put dis class on his back an proud to b class 2016. Well respectful n ready to go to war wen sum1 talks about da team. His mind is ready for friday nite kno dought he believe we will make history. But I will ? Any comment

I am not quite understanding this,  Seally lost to all these teams?  If so it doesn't appear they had much of a high powered offense.