SETXsports High School Football Rankings - Final

WOSgrad

I messed up the previous entry somehow trying to quote......

Fair enough.  And although we will never meet up with Division 2 Calvert, the spreads are opinions just like these rankings.  Sometimes they're accurate..sometimes not.  That's why it's played out on the field.  Like I stated earlier, I like our ranking right now even though it means nothing come Round 1 this weekend.  We take one game, one team at a time.  If we keep winning, we will eventually come up on a team that we will be 45 point underdogs.   But win or lose we have still had an amazing year...one that we haven't seen in football in 44 years.  It's a great time to be a Yellowjacket.

there lies the problem with the thinking of some folks about the poll. AAW has touched on it weekly. I reckon he's tired of explaining it. 

They have the same records.  WOS plays a classification up.  WOS has outscored their district 169-3.   169-3.  So unless we are giving extra credit for playing in a smaller classification, to vote anyone else one is silly.   And I am not a WOS guy.  Just my opinion. 

Bwahahahaha!!! You dont think WOS has gotten better? And Foster would have used Kirbyville as toilet paper. Come on Man!!

What in the name of all that is holy? Where did this come from? I wasn't saying anything negative about WO-S. I fully believe they should be ranked ahead of us. I was responding to someones claims that Kirbyville didn't deserve the votes they got. Since you opened the can though I will say this....would Foster use Kirbyville for 'toilet paper' as you put it? Maybe, maybe not. One things for sure though....they DID wipe their butts with WO-S. :)

What in the name of all that is holy? Where did this come from? I wasn't saying anything negative about WO-S. I fully believe they should be ranked ahead of us. I was responding to someones claims that Kirbyville didn't deserve the votes they got. Since you opened the can though I will say this....would Foster use Kirbyville for 'toilet paper' as you put it? Maybe, maybe not. One things for sure though....they DID wipe their butts with WO-S. :)

For the record, I have no issue voting Kirbyville number 2.  I probably would have.  And maybe EC number 3, based on record (although that would have been very tough to put EC ahead of Silsbee after the margin of loss against the Wildcats).  I would have put KV ahead of Silsbee, even though I believe Silsbee would be a clear favorite head to head.  So I get the concept.  What I have trouble wrapping my head around is nearly half the voters putting Kirbyville ahead of WOS.  That's all.  But just an opinion.  We all have them, silly or not ;)

OK, I'm one of those who voted Kirbyville number one and I'll tell you why. First, let's get the fact that I'm a big supporter of WOS out of the way and followed them all the way to the state championship game in Cowboy stadium last year. The fact that WOS did cake walk in that district had a little to do with it. The real reason is I saw Kirbyville go into Winnie and dismantle a #5 ranked and extremely good East Chambers team on their home field. To me, that gave Kirbyville the edge over WOS at the END of the season. Realistically, I think WOS could have won 22-5A this year; but they still had a bad loss to Foster and an easy district. Kville destroys BC at the end of the season, period. 

I don't see WOS beating Ned in a district game at the end of the year - sorry . In fact I don't see them beating PNG if they played again now , But I will say I think they May win state and we are backing them all the way. 

wos would win 22-5a, closest matchup would be Vidor. 

OK, I'm one of those who voted Kirbyville number one and I'll tell you why. First, let's get the fact that I'm a big supporter of WOS out of the way and followed them all the way to the state championship game in Cowboy stadium last year. The fact that WOS did cake walk in that district had a little to do with it. The real reason is I saw Kirbyville go into Winnie and dismantle a #5 ranked and extremely good East Chambers team on their home field. To me, that gave Kirbyville the edge over WOS at the END of the season. Realistically, I think WOS could have won 22-5A this year; but they still had a bad loss to Foster and an easy district. Kville destroys BC at the end of the season, period. 

Foster is a bad loss?  (despite being a 5A playoff team that has 2 losses, one to George Ranch). Also has a win over an always solid A&M Consolidated.  But WOS played in a weak district (again 169-3), the 3rd place team of which took Kirbyville to the mat when they escaped Orangefield with a close win? (24-14 or 27-17 something like that)  But I keep forgetting Kirbyville apparently improves at a higher rate than anyone else, especially after beating a ranked 3A team.  But at least you admitted it ;)

Who else wants to own up?  My boy Buddy G?

I don't see WOS beating Ned in a district game at the end of the year - sorry . In fact I don't see them beating PNG if they played again now , But I will say I think they May win state and we are backing them all the way. 

PNG will tell you, I think, there is not a team in your district that plays defense like the Stangs.  And they have as good a QB as anyone around, and tons of speed.  I'm not saying they would beat Nederland because that's too close to call IMO.  But I wouldn't bet much on either team in that matchup.   

Foster is a bad loss?  (despite being a 5A playoff team that has 2 losses, one to George Ranch). Also has a win over an always solid A&M Consolidated.  But WOS played in a weak district (again 169-3), the 3rd place team of which took Kirbyville to the mat when they escaped Orangefield with a close win? (24-14 or 27-17 something like that)  But I keep forgetting Kirbyville apparently improves at a higher rate than anyone else, especially after beating a ranked 3A team.  But at least you admitted it ;)

Who else wants to own up?  My boy Buddy G?

simple: dont lose a game. Kville loss came sooner than Wos loss, advantage Kville to move up if they won out. 

PNG will tell you, I think, there is not a team in your district that plays defense like the Stangs.  And they have as good a QB as anyone around, and tons of speed.  I'm not saying they would beat Nederland because that's too close to call IMO.  But I wouldn't bet much on either team in that matchup.   

poll aint bout who would beat who. 

poll aint bout who would beat who. 

i would hope that's the theory of 5 of the voters.  But that is probably not the theory of some who vote.  Like many other polls in sport, that may be exactly how they vote.  And in the end, it really doesn't matter for 2 reasons:  1) it's just for fun and makes for interesting conversation and debate and 2) 6 out of the 11 voters got it right ;) 

i would hope that's the theory of 5 of the voters.  But that is probably not the theory of some who vote.  Like many other polls in sport, that may be exactly how they vote.  And in the end, it really doesn't matter for 2 reasons:  1) it's just for fun and makes for interesting conversation and debate and 2) 6 out of the 11 voters got it right ;) 

in your opinion. ;)

WOS would beat you easier than PNG, the Indians have a better defense than you and couldn't control their offense. You guys struggled with us at home.

• WOSgrad unpinned and pinned this topic
  • WOSgrad unpinned this topic