Silsbee 59 Jasper 48/Final

jdawg03

This was a game.  Man.  Been a while and I want to thank those Bulldogs for making it so.  Tigers are playing better, score didn't reflect it because along with coming out and keeping Tiger defense on the field for almost the whole 3rd qtr, Jasper did two other things last night.

1) Controlled offensive line play and Tiger cut back on the Tiger defense all night.  With quick one cut an go moves he was a beast.

2) Capitalized on second chances to score. Two interceptions, 1 muffed punt and one unbelievably good inside kick.  

This was critical for them because the Tiger Offense was unbelievable.  A. Thomas ran downhill behind the Tiger line and was really unstoppable.  He was out for most of the third quarter with a hand stinger.  Silsbee converted on third down for critical drives as well with precise passing.  Not many teams can survive four turnovers essentially against a good team but they did. 

Nice win Tigers and much respect to them Dogs.  Good luck in the playoffs and maybe we'll see you again....

Congratulations to my   Tigers on a great win and on earning that top spot in district! Hats off to Jasper on a great game as well. That onside kick has been mentioned and wow I don't know how that guy got there as fast as he did to catch that one.  This was a team by the Tigers but I really have to single out the two Thomas guys.  Adonis it is going to be a pleasure watching you the next couple  years!  It is great to see a young back that never gives up and keeps pushing so hard.  Dontre you have really proven to be a great leader this year and I couldn't be more proud of you.  A lot was said last year about your passing but you went out and worked you a$$ off and showed us all how good you could be!   It has been a pleasure watching you!  I think you have proven to be the best dual threat qb in this district for sure!! Now keep working hard for the playoffs. 

I can't make a post on this game without saying something about both teams.  Over and over again you see teams playing big rivalry games like this and you see the game be marked by player confrontations and penalties  from such.  I may be wrong but I don't remember one such penalty last night.  Sure there was maybe one or two instances where a player got a little hot but a teammate was there to pull them back.  The thing I did see last night was a lot of helping each other up and patting each other on the helmet after the play.  Thanks to both teams and coaches for such a well played game!

Any stats from last night 

Tim will get the complete stats posted later today.

Here are the totals for each team:

Jasper

rushing     183

passing     222

total          405

Silsbee

rushing      440

passing      155

total            595

A couple of individual stats

Dontre Thomas   

12-22, 155 yards   2-2

21/184 yards   3 TD's

Adonis Thomas

19/248 yards    3 TD's

Congratulations to my   Tigers on a great win and on earning that top spot in district! Hats off to Jasper on a great game as well. That onside kick has been mentioned and wow I don't know how that guy got there as fast as he did to catch that one.  This was a team by the Tigers but I really have to single out the two Thomas guys.  Adonis it is going to be a pleasure watching you the next couple  years!  It is great to see a young back that never gives up and keeps pushing so hard.  Dontre you have really proven to be a great leader this year and I couldn't be more proud of you.  A lot was said last year about your passing but you went out and worked you a$$ off and showed us all how good you could be!   It has been a pleasure watching you!  I think you have proven to be the best dual threat qb in this district for sure!! Now keep working hard for the playoffs. 

I can't make a post on this game without saying something about both teams.  Over and over again you see teams playing big rivalry games like this and you see the game be marked by player confrontations and penalties  from such.  I may be wrong but I don't remember one such penalty last night.  Sure there was maybe one or two instances where a player got a little hot but a teammate was there to pull them back.  The thing I did see last night was a lot of helping each other up and patting each other on the helmet after the play.  Thanks to both teams and coaches for such a well played game!

Ditto.  Congratulations to both teams!  Wish I could have been there.

Just a few quick stats;

1   2     3    4    T

Bulldogs   21    7   13   7   48

Tigers       24   20   0   15  59

Silsbee                                                   Jasper

Passing

D. Thomas     12-22-155-2-2                 Q. Williams     10-25-216-0-2

A. Thomas       1-2-7

D. Holmes        0-1-0

Rushing

D. Thomas    23-184  3TD                    Q. Williiams    31-160  6TD

A. Thomas    21-248  3TD                    D. Holmes       12-22

K. Barnes       1-5

D. Armstrong  1-3

Receiving

K. Mackey       6-81                              A Thomas    5-119

A. Thomas      2-22                              T. Ruiz          2-46

M. Mason       1-27 TD                         L.                  2-43

K. Coffee        1-12 TD                         J. Adams     1-8

T. Lowe          1-11                               Q. Williams  1-7

K. Barnes       1-2

Sil                               Jas

First Downs                         29                                20

Rush/Pass/Pen                19/9/1                          11/9/0

Rush Att.                             46                                43

Rush Yards                        440                              182

Yard Per Rush                    9.6                               4.2

Passing Yards                   155                               223

Comp/Att./INT                 12/22/2                        11/28/2

Offensive Plays                   68                                71

Total Yards                         595                             405

Penalties                            5/35                            5/44

Punt                                  2-27.0                         2-48.5

Inside 20                              1                                  1