Pre Season best in SETX?

aTmfan06

You wanna see how the PG position is supposed to be played, stick around for the game after Central-Victory Prep at the Hoopsgiving Classic.  You'll see two of the best you will see at the HS level going at it from the 1.  

I know how the PG position is to be played.  I was just in reference to the discussion about Boyd/Arnold. 

I know how the PG position is to be played.  I was just in reference to the discussion about Boyd/Arnold. 

not what I meant.  Touchy!  Just giving you a heads up about a fun game to watch.   You're getting  a little too sensitive Soulja.   You may need to move to the forum right under this one ;)

Lol.  I know what you mean.  I was planning on seeing all games...  Lol. Not sensitive...

Me too about mid morning on with a break at the game around lunch.   After Central, the SATCH - API game won't necessarily be close b/c API is one of the better teams in the country.  But Trevon Duval and JJ Caldwell going at it will be worth the admission.  The Cy Lakes vs Atascocita should be a very good one with DeAaron Fox against a very solid backcourt of Carsen Edwards and Greg Shead. 

Just fill in with HJs starting line-up,   No need to discuss or debate any farther!!!!

ST dangled the hook....but nobody bit.

changed the bait and dropped it again...

And I know a great deal a about basketball.  Ozen and Central split in district, Central beat Ozen in a tournament.  That means that , with Ozen beating Central in the regional finals, that tells me that both teams played hard because it was a huge rivalry.  and as you know, rivalry games can go either direction.  Ozen and Central split games 2-2 last year.  So, if Ozen was 'better' as you've stated, then surely Ozen would have won the season series....  But, what do I know....

You're a Silsbee supporter, right?  What happened the last 2 times they've played Central?

well Lookie here.  I got a bite.  

Of course, Silsbee fans will pay later. LOL.

Me too about mid morning on with a break at the game around lunch.   After Central, the SATCH - API game won't necessarily be close b/c API is one of the better teams in the country.  But Trevon Duval and JJ Caldwell going at it will be worth the admission.  The Cy Lakes vs Atascocita should be a very good one with DeAaron Fox against a very solid backcourt of Carsen Edwards and Greg Shead. 

so you dont think Satch can hang with API ...idk it will be closer than some think...Atasc vs Cy Lakes wont be close Atasc wins by at least 15 they will be too deep for any 6a team in Houston except SamHouston..

so you dont think Satch can hang with API ...idk it will be closer than some think...Atasc vs Cy Lakes wont be close Atasc wins by at least 15 they will be too deep for any 6a team in Houston except SamHouston..

No I don't.   I don't know if anyone in the state can hang with API.  But I guess if some think API will win by 40, it will be closer than some think.  API would be favored by 20 or so IMO.  

I don't know if the other game will be especially close.  But I do consider arguably the best player in the state going against one of the best teams in the state to be a good game to see.   

I could see why u say that but i remember when Winslow squared off against Mudiay..Prime Prep had the better team but Winslow kept them in it... They ended up losing by 15 i think far less than what some said. JJ Caldwell can change the game when he diecides he wants turn it on there isnt anyone who can stop him imo ...im rollin with Satch in the upset....

It will be a blow out. 7'3 cleared to play. Oh and I need to change my center selection lol

I am going to be interested to see him play,  see how we do against him,  and how well he gets up and down the floor.  I would say Central would have been favored over us heavily anyway with their returnees but that just added to it.

I could see why u say that but i remember when Winslow squared off against Mudiay..Prime Prep had the better team but Winslow kept them in it... They ended up losing by 15 i think far less than what some said. JJ Caldwell can change the game when he diecides he wants turn it on there isnt anyone who can stop him imo ...im rollin with Satch in the upset....

I saw JJ and Travon square off in Atlanta a few months ago.  Was a great matchup.  That's not the issue for SATCH.  Their matchup issues aren't with Duval.  Terrence Ferguson, Billy Preston, and Mark Vital??  Wayyy different stories.  Could be a beatdown.  Hopefully JJ can keep em in it. 

I am going to be interested to see him play,  see how we do against him,  and how well he gets up and down the floor.  I would say Central would have been favored over us heavily anyway with their returnees but that just added to it.

I dont agree. I think Silsbee matches up very well without the 7'3 in the game. I would pick Silsbee to actually win it. But his ability to protect the basket and clean up on the offensive end makes it tough for any team to match up with. He has a high motor and can run the floor too

Edited by winwin

I dont agree. I think Silsbee matches up very well without the 7'3 in the game. I would pick Silsbee to actually win it. But his ability to protect the basket and clean up on the offensive end makes it tough for any team to match up with. He has a high motor and can run the floor too

Stop drinking on week nights ;)

I agree.  Not sure how Silsbee finds an answer for Pearson and Atwood.  They are as big or bigger as most posts they face in 4A, with better skill sets than most all the guards they will play.  Can't press them with success - plays right into their hands. 

As for the big man, feet are way above average, unreal for his size.  Getting up and down the floor is his strength.  Shocks people with his times at camps.  Guess that's what growing up playing soccer does for one.  I would think he has very little pressure on the offensive end.  Board work and put backs will earn him plenty of stats.  On the defensive end, it's really impossible to imagine how he alters the game until you face it.  

I agree.  Not sure how Silsbee finds an answer for Pearson and Atwood.  They are as big or bigger as most posts they face in 4A, with better skill sets than most all the guards they will play.  Can't press them with success - plays right into their hands. 

As for the big man, feet are way above average, unreal for his size.  Getting up and down the floor is his strength.  Shocks people with his times at camps.  Guess that's what growing up playing soccer does for one.  I would think he has very little pressure on the offensive end.  Board work and put backs will earn him plenty of stats.  On the defensive end, it's really impossible to imagine how he alters the game until you face it.  

I can't really argue with this,  our strength plays right into theirs unless we are a whole lot better shooting the ball.   I know our guys are going to go into the game trying to prove themselves and won't back down.

Stop drinking on week nights ;)

Ok let me back up a little. Lets say Central...without Chris...decided to just get up and down with Silsbee. Man up all night. I like Silsbee. However, if they played a 1--2--2 or 2-3 zone, Silsbee would struggle. New coach at Central, so we wont know how Frankie manages the game until they hit the floor. Guess we will never know about this match up though since no one in the state will get to the rack now lol