Pre Season best in SETX?

aTmfan06

All be say she say.  AAW said he heard.  Had he said he actually saw him, then I'd believe it...  Just keep in mind that this kid will be asked to alter/block shots and grab boards.  If he gives us points, that will be a bonus.  we have scorers already.  

My info came from a coach who was there. This is the text I received:

The 7'3 kid has a ways to go.  He won't be a difference maker for Central.  With him in they tried to go 2-3 zone which is not what Central does best.  When they went man with him, you can iso him on the perimeter.  He can't stay with who he is guarding.  He will help but won't be the difference maker that some are saying on the board.  You will see.

The 7'3 kid has a ways to go.  He won't be a difference maker for Central.  With him in they tried to go 2-3 zone which is not what Central does best.  When they went man with him, you can iso him on the perimeter.  He can't stay with who he is guarding.  He will help but won't be the difference maker that some are saying on the board.  You will see.

Ok.  We (Central fans) aren't the ones expecting him to be a difference maker.  He's 7'3".  We are ok with rebounds and altered or blocked shots.  The difference makers will be TJ or Nigal.  I guess the ones that expect Chris to be a difference maker or fans outside of the Central organization....

He is 7'3".  To say he won't be a "difference maker" is absurd IMO.  He would be a difference maker on any court, in any game he participates.  And I have seen him with my own eyes.  The kid moves very well and is steadily improving.  And right now, I would take him over some of the other bigs in the district I have seen several times with my own eyes. Then again, I guess it's how you define "difference maker."  When you have Pearson and Atwood on

the same team, on the same floor, the difference may not be as "glaring."  Those are two kids are that are ridiculous with the skill sets they have at their sizes.  

Soulja is 100 percent correct - the blocked shots and rebounds are overlooked parts of the game that make a huge difference.  Maybe it's just me, but I would define that as "difference making."  ;)

IDK as far as the exact positions because like someone else pointed out...I dont think we have any true PG's. 

But give me these 5 and we will beat any other 5 in the area

Arnold

Grubbs

Pearson

Atwood

7-3 Center from Central 

That is a solid list.  I said something about an underrated player in another thread but then I wondered if Grubbs can be considered underrated? (And Saladin from HJ.). There was a split MVP in their district last year that included neither one of them.  I might have split my vote if I had one but it would have been on those two. 

The only accurate statement in the entire text was "you will see". SMH