HJ Marathon

aTmfan06

So they are scared of having to beat out one of these two to get there?

HJ feels that Silsbee has gotten too arrogant and they (HJ) need to make it to ship to boost team's confidence especially more so since Yates waxed dat azz. HJ knows they have a very good chance of beating Silsbee this season, but needs to develop the groundwork just a little more.

That's just solid planning.   After the DC made its recent ruling, we needed something else for Nederland to whine about ;)

No Whining from me about the "Transfer" because I remember when this whole site(Beaumont & PA) used to "Whine" about Nederland having "Transfers". I guess its different now from their perspective. 

Hmmm,, you do realize what you are saying is that the proof is out there that HJ lacks the confidence and may be somewhat afraid of your Silsbee Tigers. Interesting concept.

This has absolutely nothing to do with us, we aren't in this tourney.  We have heard over and over how inferior we are after all they have 3 state titles, we have none.  We shouldn't even be allowed on the court with such greatness!!

So if Big Sandy and Nederland are in same pool, curious to see what the other pools look like.

It's a very, very deep field and more than likely good teams are going to be in same pool.

It is interesting though that the two finalist from last year are in same pool this year, but sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

Should be another great tourney!

I am surely not suggesting HJ is scared. I know that they play both those teams in non-district. I don't think anyone is suggesting that HJ be in same pool as Big Sandy and Nederland. That is just not good tourney business. Particularly when they already have those teams on their schedule.

I think the question was why those two teams, who played in championship last year, are in same pool this year? IMO, that has nothing to do with HJ and it's abilities to perform in their tourney.

If fear is the driving factor it must be a delayed fear. The Hawks play both Big Sandy and Nederland before the tourney. I haven't seen the pool bracket yet, where can this be found ?

Before the tourney has nothing to do with getting the tourney itself.  Really I am just messing with people overall.  They have put together a tough schedule. As far as the tournament goes   I only saw what people put on here and putting them in the same bracket doesn't seem like the best idea after that final last year.  And really doesn't have a lot to do with who HJ might play in the bracket to my knowledge either. I forget is it the top two out of the bracket that goes to the championship bracket or just the top one?

I am surely not suggesting HJ is scared. I know that they play both those teams in non-district. I don't think anyone is suggesting that HJ be in same pool as Big Sandy and Nederland. That is just not good tourney business. Particularly when they already have those teams on their schedule.

I think the question was why those two teams, who played in championship last year, are in same pool this year? IMO, that has nothing to do with HJ and it's abilities to perform in their tourney.

I wonder if the the answer could be that last years results have nothing to do with this years pairings?

Edited by stevenash

I wonder if the the answer could be that last years results have nothing to do with this years pairings?

Yes! That would be a good answer. And you would want to see a good championship game right? Wouldn't want HJ, Nederland and Big Sandy all in the same side of the bracket. So in order for that to happen, two teams have to eliminate each other. If I am putting on a tournament, its gonna be the other two teams. EVERYONE does it. Nothing wrong with it either.