HJ Marathon

aTmfan06

Yes! That would be a good answer. And you would want to see a good championship game right? Wouldn't want HJ, Nederland and Big Sandy all in the same side of the bracket. So in order for that to happen, two teams have to eliminate each other. If I am putting on a tournament, its gonna be the other two teams. EVERYONE does it. Nothing wrong with it either.

but wasn't this about them in the same pool to begin with....and aren't there normally 4 pools.,....no one complained about them on the same side of the bracket just that they were in the same pool obviously 2 of 3 teams have to be on the same side of a bracket

With that said, this tourney has four 4 team pools. The top two in each pool go to gold bracket (championship) the 3rd place pool team goes to silver bracket and remaining team in pool goes to bronze bracket.

So, even with Big Sandy and Nederland in same pool, they both could possibly (and most likely) advance to Gold (Championship) bracket play.

It's all good.

but wasn't this about them in the same pool to begin with....and aren't there normally 4 pools.,....no one complained about them on the same side of the bracket just that they were in the same pool obviously 2 of 3 teams have to be on the same side of a bracket

Well none of it will matter because Silsbee (who isnt in the tourney) will be crowned Champion :) 

When is your HBO special?

I am guessing your comedy tour ends in March?

(and I was actually thinking this thread could go on without Silsbee being brought up) smh

I like to mix in some comedy with basketball analysis. Otherwise, I may drop out of Doves top 10 payback list. Besides, Silsbee talk creeps into every topic on the board. I was bored the other day so I checked out the section at the very botton of the homepage under "Girls Middle School Chess Club". Three comments into the discussion, people were on there discussing who would be the starting point guard for Silsbee this year. A 9 year girl chimed in,  "Justin Brooks". 

With that said, this tourney has four 4 team pools. The top two in each pool go to gold bracket (championship) the 3rd place pool team goes to silver bracket and remaining team in pool goes to bronze bracket.

So, even with Big Sandy and Nederland in same pool, they both could possibly (and most likely) advance to Gold (Championship) bracket play.

It's all good.

thank you you answered my earlier question so yes since both those top teams go to the championship bracket it really makes no difference.  That pool game doesn't mean much if they both end up in that championship bracket,  well except for maybe fresh legs or mental toughness!!

So if Big Sandy and Nederland are in same pool, curious to see what the other pools look like.

It's a very, very deep field and more than likely good teams are going to be in same pool.

It is interesting though that the two finalist from last year are in same pool this year, but sometimes that's how the cookie crumbles.

Should be another great tourney!

Only thing that stinks about this is the loser of the game will most likely have to compete in the silver brakcet. Or does the marathon take two teams from each pool to gold? If that's the case then them being in the same pool won't matter as much. 

Neverimind AAW

Edited by ccsbasketballplayer
Didn't read everything.

Even though Kountze went to state last year and lost a couple starters.. I think they could be better this year. I'd imagine they have high expectations but you could see a better Kountze team than last year

yeah Losing Cunnigan was a tough lost, But a player to look out for his Dre Mcmahon. This could be a breakout year for Tiger Edwards as well.

I haven't seen the pools but I can guarantee Brock will play smart, very fundamental basketball. If they have any size this year they will control the tempo and won't beat themselves. They are a lot of fun to watch.There will be some very contrasting styles of play in this tournament. The teams with the deepest benches will have the edge in the long run with the number of games they play.

I haven't seen the pools but I can guarantee Brock will play smart, very fundamental basketball. If they have any size this year they will control the tempo and won't beat themselves. They are a lot of fun to watch.There will be some very contrasting styles of play in this tournament. The teams with the deepest benches will have the edge in the long run with the number of games they play.

I know exactly how they play and their area. I do think this tournament for them will be good, especially if they have their football guys back. I got a feeling that they will play to their advantage and go fast against teams that want to go slow and slow against the teams that want to go fast. They are capable of that. They will also have one of the deepest benches, considering that whole area lives in the gym. They are always going to be a challenge no matter who or where they play.  

They seem to play the same system year in and year out with the kids buying in but there is no substitute for experience. were the kids you mentioned for Kountze starters last year? The Lions didn't sub much last year in the games I watched them.Arnold and the shooting guard will keep them in the hunt.