HJ Marathon

aTmfan06

Well, this is my 9th HJ Marathon consecutive.

Last year, I picked Big Sandy to win it all and we all know how that went. Big Ned pulled it out.

This year, I have HJ vs. somebody ( I will decide closer to tournament )

They seem to play the same system year in and year out with the kids buying in but there is no substitute for experience. were the kids you mentioned for Kountze starters last year? The Lions didn't sub much last year in the games I watched them.Arnold and the shooting guard will keep them in the hunt.

No. McMahon didn't play last year and Edwards was the first off the bench. He contributed a lot during district as a freshman. Both kids have huge upside.

NOW and THEN - is correct :)

Sooo true.   It's when now and then is almost always.  Nothing wrong with it unless you want to best prepare your team for the playoffs.  

It was maybe the biggest no brainer hire in the history of high school sports but I love what Coach Davis has been doing with the Hawks.  HJ has officially become the equivalent of WOS football in terms of being more fortunate than anyone deserves with coaching hires.  

Pool Play teams below:

Pool A: Hardin-Jefferson, Dallas Bryan Adams, Anahuac, Longview

Pool C: Aransas Pass, Kountze, Brock, LC-M

Pool B: Fairfield, Lufkin Hudson, Huffman, Chapel Hill

Pool D: Big Sandy, Nederland, Tatum, Shepherd

Each team will play 3 pool games. Based on your pool record, you will be placed into an 8-team bracket. The teams that finish first or second in their respective pools will be placed into the “Gold Bracket”. The teams that finish third or fourth in their respective pools will be placed into the “Silver Bracket”. The brackets will then be played out to determine a champion. If there is a TIE in pool play then it will be broken by total point differential (with a cap of 20 points).

Bracket Play: Gold and Silver Bracket

A1 vs. B2, C1 vs. D2D1 vs. C2, A2 vs. B1 - First round of Gold Bracket Play - By this alone you will be eliminating arguably two of your top teams on the first day of bracket play since it appears on the surface that Pool's C and D are your strongest pools. 

Edited by KHSAlum400