LCM vs Huffman

BADSANTA

This is the 4A/3A game of the week and NOBODY is talking about it, crazy. LCM is surrounded by rabid fan bases in WOS, PNG and Vidor and the Bears fans are so apathetic. Sad, is what it is. LCM needs an infusion of school spirit and I'm not sure where it needs to come from.

I'm sure there is LCM fans here. Just not speaking because they get accused of bashing coaches and then certain people act like they know who you  are which they don't. If you talk about any plays or LCM in  general they then say your given the opposing team information which is ridiculous. So at some point there's really nothing to post about if you can't give your opinion.   I don't know if have been   following LCM are not this year but there has already discussion on it. Are you a LCM fan? But I hope LCM wins and it will come down to which LCM team shows up.

I'm an interested observer who wants the best for the Bears. I have a number of friends who live in the District and was just wondering where the Bear supporters were. Seems to me that LCM changes offenses too often and that they can't settle on what is best for the kids. They seem to be a boat without a sail, they cant determine a direction for the program and that screams lack of leadership.

PLAY ACTION PASS  since you brought up leadership I figured I would list LCM head coaching history

Ted Miller 1956-1966 (60-45-2) Jim Crossland 1967-1973 (43-28) Randall Dorsett 1974-1975 (8-12) Lindey Thompson 1976-1980 (20-26-3) Ron Dupree 1981-1984 (20-20) Pat Wozniak 1985-1989(11-28) Lucky Gamble 1989-1990 (9-10-1) Rhodney Russell 1991-1993 (17-13-1) David Williams 1994-2004 (58-58) Todd Moody2005-2008 (8-28) Crouch 2009 to present (32-38) Looking at the list  some coaches have better records then others. I have question do y'all think its better to have a lot of talented players are a good  coach?

Edited by LCM17

I have question do y'all think its better to have a lot of talented players are a good  coach?

A good group of talented players can make a huge difference for a season or two and can even overcome poor coaching to have success. However, if your looking to establish a solid program with a winning tradition then your going to have to have a good coach. One who is good with the Xs and Os of course, better still is one with the added skills to inspire young athletes to be motivated to be apart of the program.

Even with a good coach there will be ebbs and flows in team talent but if the younger guys are working hard and getting better then it makes for fewer down years.