PNG vs Dayton STallworth Stadium Friday 13th 7:00 pm

On a quick analysis my numbers say this could be Dayton by quite a bit. Against good teams PNG is pretty pedestrian, especially on offense. Against the three playoff teams from their district and WOS they only averaged 25ppg and 323ypg. Their defense has been solid allowing 22.5ppg and 314.5ypg. 

I think the defensive numbers are more of a result of the offenses not being as potent, I believe 21-5A averaged around 46ppg in bi-district play last year.  If Hancock is going to play like he did last night with the way Dayton can run the ball, I can easily see them winning by two or three tds. 

Well, I'll agree against Nederland and WOS we screwed the pooch so to speak. But your analysis doesn't take in account the mental break down in those particular games. Had we played mentally tough it would be a lot different.  We pretty much moved the ball against WOS when we wanted to but with turnovers and penalties our stats dropped. Same way with Nederland. The first half of that game was horrible. Second half we easily caught up and with more time could have won. But we didn't. Now I know what your gonna say, that is part of the game and you would be right. But, if we play mistake free ball, we'll score every time. We respect Dayton and know they score a lot. I do believe we'll go in as underdogs and that's ok, but to discount the talent we have based on past games could allow us to sneak by Dayton. We just have to go in mentally tough. Although there is nothing we can do about play calling. Dayton probably has the edge there.

Well, I'll agree against Nederland and WOS we screwed the pooch so to speak. But your analysis doesn't take in account the mental break down in those particular games. Had we played mentally tough it would be a lot different.  We pretty much moved the ball against WOS when we wanted to but with turnovers and penalties our stats dropped. Same way with Nederland. The first half of that game was horrible. Second half we easily caught up and with more time could have won. But we didn't. Now I know what your gonna say, that is part of the game and you would be right. But, if we play mistake free ball, we'll score every time. We respect Dayton and know they score a lot. I do believe we'll go in as underdogs and that's ok, but to discount the talent we have based on past games could allow us to sneak by Dayton. We just have to go in mentally tough. Although there is nothing we can do about play calling. Dayton probably has the edge there.

Don't think for one second that Dayton thinks that way.. IJS

Being underdogs to a good Dayton team would be believeable to me. They have my respect and deservedly so

If the 9-0 GRHS Longhorns are playing on Saturday that week, Mr. Toups will be there!!!

BTW...
Through 3.5 quarters the GRHS defense held the Lamar Mustangs to 9 yards of offense and 1 first down.
This GRHS team is better than last year.

Congrats to PNG and to Dayton on big victories this weekend.
The team that BELIEVES will succeed!

Man I so miss your weekly game previews.

Welp right now being some said we wouldn't make a playoff spot(smh) it's all good & purple.I know great kids from both sides.Playoff gm experience says Broncos,but we have to play well.Field position,penalties,special teams play,turnovers,kick gm play big roles in games.Everybody has some injuries.Hope for great fb weather(light jacket/hoodie) & the Horse(play it band) Go Broncos,I'm sure Lib co is counting on you.Welcome Lib-Hardin-HD fans & dist fans wear your colors.Good luck kiddos,esp the seniors(1) will play last down of high school football(unless your from Odessa Permian lol)