UIL Snapshot Day

As far as enrollment growth goes, the six 21-5A schools that have reported so far are turning in an average enrollment of 1,878 students. The Baytown schools have grown a combined 869 students in two years. 

Wow, I can tell by living here that the place is growing like crazy, but to see those numbers that is shocking. Getting too big for me though. I'm used to a smaller town....

I would like to see 5A and 6A go split division to have consistency from 2A - 6A and adjust the amount of playoff teams to 3 (I know, going back to 3 wont happen). Not sure that split division is needed in 6-man. Prairie Lea from the San Marcos area is in High Island's district but Chester is not?

6 man needs the split more than anyone else. If their is no split, their would be districts with a team that has a freshman and jv team along with a team that has 6 players. In no way is that right. Next year High Island and Chester will be in the same district, but with 6 man the area is west and central Texas. It's the opposite as 5A and 6A.

Eventually they are going to split, but what happens out west this time around. Possibly only 10 schools, with Amarillo being close. Keep 5 team districts or merge them together to open another district. 1 Abilene school, 1 San Angelo school, 1 Amarillo school, 2 Odessa schools, 2 Midland schools, and 3 Lubbock schools. The only other option is to place Tascosa down in 5A. When Cy-Fair 11 joins 6A the mess is only going to get larger.

5A the biggest question is Dunbar again. If they don't opt, then Fort Worth is one district. If they do, then they force 2 districts. It may be possible to see Abilene Cooper come east and possibly Lake View. Leaving a district with Amarillo and Lubbock schools.

I don't think anyone East of 35 should complain about traveling, except maybe High Island Lufkin and the Tyler schools.

I'm answering my own questions:

5A is going to be log jammed. Don't be shocked to see Barbers Hill and Dayton be dragged east with Memorial dropping creating a 9 team district. West Texas has to have two districts with 13 schools. Fort Worth will be split into two, plus in DFW there is Heritage, Ryan, and Northwest are dropping. There is also a couple of new schools that will be 5A level. Houston is gaining Manvel.

6A is going back to 1 West Texas district opening up more room. The debate in 6A will be if Tascosa is given an exception to drop.

I'm answering my own questions:

5A is going to be log jammed. Don't be shocked to see Barbers Hill and Dayton be dragged east with Memorial dropping creating a 9 team district. West Texas has to have two districts with 13 schools. Fort Worth will be split into two, plus in DFW there is Heritage, Ryan, and Northwest are dropping. There is also a couple of new schools that will be 5A level. Houston is gaining Manvel.

6A is going back to 1 West Texas district opening up more room. The debate in 6A will be if Tascosa is given an exception to drop.

Houston 5A has most likely lost George Ranch(2416), Ridge Point(2348), Bush(2216), GCM(2213) and possibly King(2195.5). They've for sure gained Manvel, Shadow Creek and Lamar Fulshear and at 2175 they may have gained Friendswood back. I think Splendora is also going to move up and be put in a Houston area district. Still waiting for all the numbers for the majority of the North Houston area though.

Houston 5A has most likely lost George Ranch(2416), Ridge Point(2348), Bush(2216), GCM(2213) and possibly King(2195.5). They've for sure gained Manvel, Shadow Creek and Lamar Fulshear and at 2175 they may have gained Friendswood back. I think Splendora is also going to move up and be put in a Houston area district. Still waiting for all the numbers for the majority of the North Houston area though.

Region 1 and 2 have probably gained 10 schools, so the stretch is going to have to occur somewhere. They will put right at 256 schools in 5A.

Thats where the jobs are,yes still folk trying to buy homes there

I fully expect once Generation Park and 99 are complete that the east/northeast part of the Houston area will be able to easily handle about a half million more people. Generation Park will probably become sort of like a land-based ship channel.

You have to think Atascosita opened in 2006 and is already overcrowded so they opened Summer Creek three years later in 2009 and it's already overcrowded also. Porter just opened in 2010 to relieve New Caney and now they need another new school too. I'm not sure where you would put another new school in Sheldon ISD but I'm pretty sure King wasn't built to house 2,200 so they're up for a new school or a split of some sort. The northern part of Sheldon ISD will border Gen. Park so you could be seeing King around 3,000 kids when it's all said and done in a decade or so. I guess Baytown just decided they're going to build all the was to Barbers Hill? Certainly a growing and changing landscape from even just 5 or 6 years ago.

I know that some of you know Port Neches is completely landlocked. It will never fluxuate by much. I am not 100% sure on the Groves aspect of it. Nederland on the other hand has som areas for growth. Not like in your areas. But they have some areas to use. Port Neches has resulted to tearing down old houses and building new. Its happening all over town now. We are just like you guys in the refinery aspect and having lots of good jobs here just no room for growth. Think it will keep Port Neches near the same as it is for the forseeable future. Think PN-G will stay the same for the near future without somesort diaster dont see any change.

I know that some of you know Port Neches is completely landlocked. It will never fluxuate by much. I am not 100% sure on the Groves aspect of it. Nederland on the other hand has som areas for growth. Not like in your areas. But they have some areas to use. Port Neches has resulted to tearing down old houses and building new. Its happening all over town now. We are just like you guys in the refinery aspect and having lots of good jobs here just no room for growth. Think it will keep Port Neches near the same as it is for the forseeable future. Think PN-G will stay the same for the near future without somesort diaster dont see any change.

No decline either should have stated that as well. We have a superb school district just as many over there are. 

Nederland is doing the same as far as tearing down old houses.  I'm seeing that alot in the older neighborhoods and especially in Beauxart Gardens.  It will continue there and then probably Central Gardens.   About half of Beauxart Gardens is inside Nederland City limits now.

Nederland is doing the same as far as tearing down old houses.  I'm seeing that alot in the older neighborhoods and especially in Beauxart Gardens.  It will continue there and then probably Central Gardens.   About half of Beauxart Gardens is inside Nederland City limits now.

Are these houses being torn down and rebuilt abandoned houses?