Silsbee 62 Bridge City 42/Final

WOSgrad

There is a lot of excuses coming from some BC fans

There was calls made by officials that both sides dont agree with.

Interceptions, fumbles and penalties are something that happens during a football game.

If you want to beat a good teams, cut down on the mistakes.

BC was beaten by a better team, end of story.

Good luck to BC in the playoffs.

that's interesting, seeing as they were all over Newton fans for doing the exact same. 

I tried to quote AAW's post at the bottom of page 6 but it's no longer there. Basically, it indicated that the "garbage time" touchdowns could end up helping Silsbee in the event of a 3 way tie for second. No disagreement from me on that thought process but here's my reply to the deleted post.....he was shaking his head at the term I used and asked who woulda thunk it.....so I thought I'd try one more time to explain it....

smht...shakin my head too...lol

I'll tell you what I woulda thunk...that a professional journalist that covers as much football as you do, would understand the term "garbage time" touchdown and the fact that it had no outcome in THAT game, which is what I stated. I didn’t say squat about it affecting anything else including playoff seeding. I used the term because the last 2 were scores that didn’t really impact the game. You made the misleading comment that Silsbee "coulda scored 80" and I replied in essence that the game was much closer than what you indicated it was. The final margin wasn’t indicative of how the game was played. It was a very competitive contest, but you tried to misrepresent it by popping off about scoring 80 points.

Look, I’ve been a member on here since 2008 and have read over and over and over your disparaging posts about all things BC. I don’t know the root cause of your disdain and honestly, I really don’t give a rip. I just know I can count on you to try to put BC down every chance you get. And for you to have the audacity to publicly call out another journalist on how he titled his column in a local newspaper only speaks to your level of “professionalism.” Then, to top it off, you go on a thread and reply “what” to every poster that had an opinion that differed from yours. That’s not just unprofessional, that’s childish. Is that what you wanna promote on this forum? Do I need to go back to your post and reply "what" everytime you've been wrong?

Congratulations to the Silsbee Tigers. They played a heckuva ball game and came and took care of business with the Cards. Will be a great matchup Friday and I could see it going either way. For me, I think it’s too close to call. Maybe playing at home gives Silsbee the advantage. Good luck to both and I’m just hoping 10 4-A has more success this playoff season than last and yes, that includes your Silsbee Tigers Mr. Sanchez.

Good day.

I'm glad you guys cleared everything up silsbee bridge city  wos png Nederland and everybody else from south east texas  thats going to the playoffs need our support their is no disrespect to any team somebody has to win somebody had to lose Silsbee's offense really flipped a switch when the went off on Cleveland a week ago ,we all know bridge city is a good solid well coached team they just lost a competitive game with terrible officiating I'm sure they really wanted to beat silsbee but the Tigers played well and was ready for bc both teams will do well and represents setx let's support or teams.

Edited by MBaller#1

I tried to quote AAW's post at the bottom of page 6 but it's no longer there. Basically, it indicated that the "garbage time" touchdowns could end up helping Silsbee in the event of a 3 way tie for second. No disagreement from me on that thought process but here's my reply to the deleted post.....he was shaking his head at the term I used and asked who woulda thunk it.....so I thought I'd try one more time to explain it....

I'll tell you what I woulda thunk...that a professional journalist that covers as much football as you do, would understand the term "garbage time" touchdown and the fact that it had no outcome in THAT game, which is what I stated. I didn’t say squat about it affecting anything else including playoff seeding. I used the term because the last 2 were scores that didn’t really impact the game. You made the misleading comment that Silsbee "coulda scored 80" and I replied in essence that the game was much closer than what you indicated it was. The final margin wasn’t indicative of how the game was played. It was a very competitive contest, but you tried to misrepresent it by popping off about scoring 80 points.

Look, I’ve been a member on here since 2008 and have read over and over and over your disparaging posts about all things BC. I don’t know the root cause of your disdain and honestly, I really don’t give a rip. I just know I can count on you to try to put BC down every chance you get. And for you to have the audacity to publicly call out another journalist on how he titled his column in a local newspaper only speaks to your level of “professionalism.” Then, to top it off, you go on a thread and reply “what” to every poster that had an opinion that differed from yours. That’s not just unprofessional, that’s childish. Is that what you wanna promote on this forum? Do I need to go back to your post and reply "what" everytime you've been wrong?

Congratulations to the Silsbee Tigers. They played a heckuva ball game and came and took care of business with the Cards. Will be a great matchup Friday and I could see it going either way. For me, I think it’s too close to call. Maybe playing at home gives Silsbee the advantage. Good luck to both and I’m just hoping 10 4-A has more success this playoff season than last and yes, that includes your Silsbee Tigers Mr. Sanchez.

Good day.

Like some of the BC posters stated, their mistakes cost them the game, they "beat themselves". I disagree.

Didn't Silsbee have 3 TD's called back due to "mistakes"? That's what I meant by the "80" post. If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Those "mistakes" were the sole reason Silsbee did not score in the 3rd Q, 2 TD's called back in that Q. IF (don't like using it, but seems appropriate in this thread) those scores are not called back, this game is over by end of 3rd Q. It's a 49-21 game, not 35-21 at end of 3rd.

So was the last TD scored by BC a "garbage" TD? It had no impact. Silsbee led 41-35, then 47-35, then 55-35, then BC scores on 77 yard run making it 55-42, then Dontre breaks free on a 52 yard run trying to just get a first down to end the game. That one could be considered a "garbage" TD but a 13 point game at that time (over a minute left to play before he scores, BC with 2 timeouts left) is not really "garbage" time.

That title of that article is as unprofessional as it gets. You just don't do that in the media business. Particularly a game between two good teams, homer paper or not.

My "what" posts were more of a joke to a couple of posters but I admit, I got carried away and apologize for my behavior.

My so called "BC bias" is a figment of your imagination. I call it like I see it.

Good to see you caught your own "mistake", might need to catch some others. ;)

Good day.

A member since 2008 and only 26 posts. Do you only post when BC is good? If so, that explains the 26 posts. Just messing with ya.:)

A member since 2008 and only 26 posts. Do you only post when BC is good? If so, that explains the 26 posts. Just messing with ya.:)

Nope...a lot of deleted posts over the years that never got submitted lol. I guess that's the computer term for biting my tongue...

My kids are Cardinals....I'm a Cardinal fan lol. I'm a Mustang and not many people on here wanna go there.

In all seriousness I was extremely impressed with Silsbee. A. Thomas is underrated. The rest were as billed.....Good Luck.

Like some of the BC posters stated, their mistakes cost them the game, they "beat themselves". I disagree.

Didn't Silsbee have 3 TD's called back due to "mistakes"? That's what I meant by the "80" post. If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander. Those "mistakes" were the sole reason Silsbee did not score in the 3rd Q, 2 TD's called back in that Q. IF (don't like using it, but seems appropriate in this thread) those scores are not called back, this game is over by end of 3rd Q. It's a 49-21 game, not 35-21 at end of 3rd.

So was the last TD scored by BC a "garbage" TD? It had no impact. Silsbee led 41-35, then 47-35, then 55-35, then BC scores on 77 yard run making it 55-42, then Dontre breaks free on a 52 yard run trying to just get a first down to end the game. That one could be considered a "garbage" TD but a 13 point game at that time (over a minute left to play before he scores, BC with 2 timeouts left) is not really "garbage" time.

That title of that article is as unprofessional as it gets. You just don't do that in the media business. Particularly a game between two good teams, homer paper or not.

My "what" posts were more of a joke to a couple of posters but I admit, I got carried away and apologize for my behavior.

My so called "BC bias" is a figment of your imagination. I call it like I see it.

We can agree to disagree.

"WHAT" You ARE joking, right? Hey, I understand, you being a Tiger's fan. Great game, good luck going forward.

Nope...a lot of deleted posts over the years that never got submitted lol. I guess that's the computer term for biting my tongue...

My kids are Cardinals....I'm a Cardinal fan lol. I'm a Mustang and not many people on here wanna go there.

In all seriousness I was extremely impressed with Silsbee. A. Thomas is underrated. The rest were as billed.....Good Luck.

Last post and I'm done. BC posters claiming BC "beat themselves" are wrong. People claiming that the officiating hurt either team worse than the other are wrong, too. Bad officiating didn't bring a touchdown back after a receiver stepped out and back in before the catch. Bad officiating wasn't blatantly holding during a long touchdown run. And I'm certain that some of those touchdowns that were called back still ended up with points on the board. Both teams had good breaks and bad ones. Silsbee was able to capitalize when they needed to.

The right team got the "w." For a score of 35-41 late in the fourth and still end up with a 42-62 final indicates that something wild happened, and it also indicates that neither score was actually capable of hanging 80 on anybody. 

Either way, it's done. Good luck and see y'all next year. 

Last post and I'm done. BC posters claiming BC "beat themselves" are wrong. People claiming that the officiating hurt either team worse than the other are wrong, too. Bad officiating didn't bring a touchdown back after a receiver stepped out and back in before the catch. Bad officiating wasn't blatantly holding during a long touchdown run. And I'm certain that some of those touchdowns that were called back still ended up with points on the board. Both teams had good breaks and bad ones. Silsbee was able to capitalize when they needed to.

The right team got the "w." For a score of 35-41 late in the fourth and still end up with a 42-62 final indicates that something wild happened, and it also indicates that neither score was actually capable of hanging 80 on anybody. 

Either way, it's done. Good luck and see y'all next year. 

You are wrong about the 2 TD's that were called back in 3rd Q. Silsbee did not score in 3rd Q, had to punt on those drives.

Never said they were "wrong" calls on those particular instances, just said they were "mistakes" that cost them TD's, sort of like the mistakes that caused BC to "beat themselves". That was my point in the "coulda, woulda" comment about 80 points.

Officiating was bad for both teams but it was peculiar that 85% of the flags thrown against Silsbee in 2nd half came from line judge on BC sideline. This after a first half of DuBois constantly complaining in his ear. (mostly legit complaints).

I agree something wild happened. Silsbee got a 37 yard TD run, a fumble recovery in endzone and a 52 yard TD run while BC got a 77 yard TD run. Silsbee has proved all year they can score quickly and often. (see Silsbee offensive numbers thread). Nothing new here.

Edited by AggiesAreWe

yeah and if bc don't turn it over 4 times,  Silsbee don't get the opportunity to score 62 much less 80,  that's just crazy talk. game could have went either way. unfortunately it didn't go BC way. hats off to the tigers, they have a really good team with a lot of talent. good luck next week and in the playoffs

yeah and if bc don't turn it over 4 times,  Silsbee don't get the opportunity to score 62 much less 80,  that's just crazy talk. game could have went either way. unfortunately it didn't go BC way. hats off to the tigers, they have a really good team with a lot of talent. good luck next week and in the playoffs

hard to see a game as going either way when one team was up 20 at half and won by 20 even if it did get close for a minute

hard to see a game as going either way when one team was up 20 at half and won by 20 even if it did get close for a minute

It's even harder to imagine winning by 20 when you only up 41-35 and facing 3rd and 9 late in the fourth after blowing a three touch-down lead... but you guys did.  So enjoy it.  Even a blind hog finds a nut every now and then.  I'm just proud that y'all finally found a way to beat a team with a winning record.  

Y'all need to pray that Jasper plays as bad as we did on Friday.  

It's even harder to imagine winning by 20 when you only up 41-35 and facing 3rd and 9 late in the fourth after blowing a three touch-down lead... but you guys did.  So enjoy it.  Even a blind hog finds a nut every now and then.  I'm just proud that y'all finally found a way to beat a team with a winning record.  

Y'all need to pray that Jasper plays as bad as we did on Friday.  

What happened to "last post and I am done"?

Yep, Silsbee "blew" that 20 point lead, nothing BC did to cause that happening, that's for sure.

Seems you think Silsbee was lucky to win with the "blind hog" and "we played bad" (pretty similar to the "we beat ourselves") statements. 20 point wins are not "luck" or "fortunate". Having more than 150 yards of offense than your opponent is not "luck" or "fortunate". It's called being the better team.

The fact is Silsbee led 35-14 at half, blew that lead mostly on their own, then won by 20. Says a lot about the Tigers and little about the Cards.

Bottom line, Silsbee won (by 20), they are the better team.

Edited by AggiesAreWe