Week 9 AP State Rankings, all classes

Well, I don't think there can be any argument as to who the best 5A team in the state is. I just hope Crosby would be better that night if we make it there again. I saw where an Aledo fan said he felt like a 14-0 Crosby matching up with a 14-0 Cedar Park would be the de facto state title game. #1 vs #2 in the semis would be epic to say the least.

Well, I don't think there can be any argument as to who the best 5A team in the state is. I just hope Crosby would be better that night if we make it there again. I saw where an Aledo fan said he felt like a 14-0 Crosby matching up with a 14-0 Cedar Park would be the de facto state title game. #1 vs #2 in the semis would be epic to say the least.

It could be but Cedar Park would have to get by Vandergrift again first and the winner could very easily be playing Aledo or Lake Ridge the next week. D2 playoffs will be stacked and winner won't necessarily be the best team, but the team that best survives.  

I'm really liking Klein Collins over Westlake in the regional final which would give them a shot at Allen or Trinity in the semis.

Not sure Dickinson or North Shore could beat Judson right now, hard to gauge with them playing San Antonio teams other than Steele.

I know JK Dobbins is rated higher but I'm interested to see how WOS deals with DaQuan Jones this year. La Marque might be title worthy this year.

It could be but Cedar Park would have to get by Vandergrift again first and the winner could very easily be playing Aledo or Lake Ridge the next week. D2 playoffs will be stacked and winner won't necessarily be the best team, but the team that best survives.  

Leander is probably going to have to beat Dripping Springs the last week of the season to get in and send Vandy D2. Aledo or Lake Ridge would be title game matchups. There's also a good chance Aledo will go D1 again this year.

Leander is probably going to have to beat Dripping Springs the last week of the season to get in and send Vandy D2. Aledo or Lake Ridge would be title game matchups. There's also a good chance Aledo will go D1 again this year.

Aledo is almost guaranteed to go D2 after Everman lost. Vandergrift is predicted to go D2 as well. Lake Ridge is a determinant upon others. My comment was that while Crosby Cedar Park could be between the best two teams (as this is Aledo's worst team in years and will be for at least the next 4 years) the winner still will have a tough matchup the next week. The playoffs is about survival not who the best team all year is.

Aledo is almost guaranteed to go D2 after Everman lost. Vandergrift is predicted to go D2 as well. Lake Ridge is a determinant upon others. My comment was that while Crosby Cedar Park could be between the best two teams (as this is Aledo's worst team in years and will be for at least the next 4 years) the winner still will have a tough matchup the next week. The playoffs is about survival not who the best team all year is.

Vandy is only predicted to go D2 because they feel Leander will get in after their win over Georgetown. They've both gotten blown out but Dripping Springs is playing better in the district so I think they get Leander at home in the season finale sending Vandy D1 with Vista Ridge.

I agree the playoffs are about survival but if you look around the best teams are usually the ones that survive, which is why you mostly get repetitive names in the regional final moving forward. I know what you mean though, Foster, Elkins, Ridge Point and George Ranch were all top 10 teams and had to play each other in the first round last year.

Vandy is only predicted to go D2 because they feel Leander will get in after their win over Georgetown. They've both gotten blown out but Dripping Springs is playing better in the district so I think they get Leander at home in the season finale sending Vandy D1 with Vista Ridge.

I agree the playoffs are about survival but if you look around the best teams are usually the ones that survive, which is why you mostly get repetitive names in the regional final moving forward. I know what you mean though, Foster, Elkins, Ridge Point and George Ranch were all top 10 teams and had to play each other in the first round last year.

Agree that playoffs are a survival competition, but your team has to 1. be very good, 2. stay healthy, 3. get some breaks and 4. be lucky at opportune times.