22-5A vs 21-5A playoff match ups

Last 3 yrs 21-5a is 10-2,over that period subtracting the 2012 Dayt loss by 14 to Ned & the 2013 Kwp loss by 21 to Ned the margin of victory measured in points scored favors 21-5a by 175 pts 2012=+58  2013=+48   2014=+69 Now I've done all my trash talking w/facts on 1 post,fb is played well west of the Trinity.Over/Under +pts 2015?

so much for rankings lol

Welp of the 4,pending outcome of King@Crosby look @ what the games between them have been vs Crosby's high state ranked team=all close.Ned has been bearing the 22-5a banner=1 7pt loss to Kwp last yr. w/2 quality wins.Livingston in 22-5a for their years had winning record there for what 6 yrs,last playoff gm BH beat em 31-0 @Turner 2012

Last 3 yrs 21-5a is 10-2,over that period subtracting the 2012 Dayt loss by 14 to Ned & the 2013 Kwp loss by 21 to Ned the margin of victory measured in points scored favors 21-5a by 175 pts 2012=+58  2013=+48   2014=+69 Now I've done all my trash talking w/facts on 1 post,fb is played well west of the Trinity.Over/Under +pts 2015?

True, but with those numbers in 2012 & 2013. Was that the years of Summer Creak? Did majority of the point spreads come from their wins? If so, how bad was the point spreads with them in district play as well?

True, but with those numbers in 2012 & 2013. Was that the years of Summer Creak? Did majority of the point spreads come from their wins? If so, how bad was the point spreads with them in district play as well?

The majority of the spread in '12 came from Barbers Hill 31-0 win over Livingston. The majority of the points in '13 came from Dayton's 33 point win over LCM and Crosby's 21 point win over PNG. I think SC only won by 10 or 14 that year. 

So big Ned thinks they can beat NC? We will see their corners are suspect, and New Caney will challenge those corners all game long. If they try to play that man on man cover 1 they used versus crosby they will get torched. I'll give neumann more credit than that he will try to take away New Caney's pass but New Caney can run the ball as well. For New Caney to win they need to play their best game of the year, but it is going to be very close, because New Caney plays everyone close. 

My opinion of the subject between 21 and 22 5a is that the season record shows that multiple teams in 21-5a can beat the probable district champion in 22-5a which shows the depth of our district. PNG is probably not going to beat Dayton mainly because Dayton is extremely battle tested at this point with games versus Crosby, New Caney, and C.E. King and they played all those teams tough. Lumberton has 0 chance of beating Crosby. and C.E. King is going to beat that random school from Beaumont. 

So 3-0 

and a Toss-up game with Nederland/NC

Just a note for Nederland fans that say you are "much better since week one" of course you are so is Crosby, so is New Caney, So is Dayton that is how High School works the kids get sharper on offense and tougher on Defense. So don't go believing you are the only ones getting better, Crosby with Tre in the backfield is scary. we now have a true 3 headed monster which makes us very dangerous and our defense is making big plays in big games at big times, so good luck this weekend and next but don't spout this "we are better now" line because its so brutally obvious that it need not be said. 

My opinion of the subject between 21 and 22 5a is that the season record shows that multiple teams in 21-5a can beat the probable district champion in 22-5a which shows the depth of our district. PNG is probably not going to beat Dayton mainly because Dayton is extremely battle tested at this point with games versus Crosby, New Caney, and C.E. King and they played all those teams tough. Lumberton has 0 chance of beating Crosby. and C.E. King is going to beat that random school from Beaumont. 

So 3-0 

Just a note for Nederland fans that say you are "much better since week one" of course you are so is Crosby, so is New Caney, So is Dayton that is how High School works the kids get sharper on offense and tougher on Defense. So don't go believing you are the only ones getting better, Crosby with Tre in the backfield is scary. we now have a true 3 headed monster which makes us very dangerous and our defense is making big plays in big games at big times, so good luck this weekend and next but don't spout this "we are better now" line because its so brutally obvious that it need not be said. 

win or lose, I think it will be an awesome experience for our boys to get to play against one of the highest ranked team in the state. Sucks that we get y'all first round but we will fight our tails off!! I don't agree Lumberton has 0 chance.. 

So 3-0 

"Random school from Beaumont"  ...enjoy it while it last...

It really doesn't have as much to do with New Caney as it does playing the district champion from 22-5A, who also happens to have the best coach you would have to face from over there. There's also a very good chance New Caney will finish fourth in the district like KP did last year when they beat Ned. So it would also be the best matchup in a technical sense. 

I

So 3-0 

Well, when I look across the river I ask myself, "who from that district could've made the playoffs here and who would they have taken out?" New Caney is one of Houston's top 10 teams and just finished fourth. King had an early season loss @ a very good Magnolia team but if we're using the SETX rankings that's the ONLY loss for any of our playoff teams outside the top 10.  

I agree we're a lot more battle tested against better teams but I think the main reason we'll be favored for another sweep is because we have better players and coaches. Look at every matchup and tell me what roster and coach you would rather have. Neumann might have the advantage over Pennington but other than the years he had Washington what has he really done against 21-5A teams lately? I believe he's 2-9 against Crosby, Dayton and BH his last 11 tries. 

They say iron sharpens iron but there's still a difference between a steak knife and a samurai sword, if you know what I'm saying. 

So 3-0 

How can Crosby be any better at this point in the season , when it was GREATLY proclaimed at the start of the season that they were already performing at play-off level?   I mean I'm just asking !  Crosby fans are the ones who proclaimed it, so tell me again how that works.    

Edited by bigned85

How can Crosby be any better at this point in the season , when it was GREATLY proclaimed at the start of the season that they were already performing at play-off level?   I mean I'm just asking !  Crosby fans are the ones who proclaimed it, so tell me again how that works.    

Injuries throughout the season allowed Crosby to find hidden talent on the roster. With  All American RB Craig Williams back now with new found gem Trey Edwards and a more explosive passing game. We are ready for this playoff run.

How can Nederland be any better after they just got beat by a team thats 4-5 and not in the Playoffs?

Crosby won their first two games of the season by a combined 51 points over two 5A playoff teams, I would say that was playoff level. It probably took a few weeks to get the offense back clicking after Grace went down but the defense has been legit from start to finish. New Caney played Crosby close because New Caney is also legit, which you will soon find out.

I guess you're technically right though, Crosby had 0 losses to start the season and still has 0 now. You can't improve on that. 

Crosby won their first two games of the season by a combined 51 points over two 5A playoff teams, I would say that was playoff level. It probably took a few weeks to get the offense back clicking after Grace went down but the defense has been legit from start to finish. New Caney played Crosby close because New Caney is also legit, which you will soon find out.

I guess you're technically right though, Crosby had 0 losses to start the season and still has 0 now. You can't improve on that. 

Well there you go, a simple answer !

How can Nederland be any better after they just got beat by a team thats 4-5 and not in the Playoffs?

This is a good question.  I guess history and tradition didn't suit up for that game.

Lord knows if we where in the same position.....the comments would be amazing.