22-5A vs 21-5A playoff match ups

I would love to see us split with 215a. You can't go off of prior match ups because a lot has changed. I think all 4 225a teams will have to give their absolute best effort to continue playing. Now anything can happen, but 215a may blank us this year. I hurts me to even say that also because I have had to read the crosby hijack thread every week and have also had to read what 215a thinks. I hope I'm wrong. 

I think 22-5A goes 2-2 in the bidistrict rd with a good chance of going 3-1

I don't see the 1st rd. any different from last yr. and don't base this off last night's game between Dayton/Porter. Dayton played some different kids on the field last night to give them some field time, but when they did bring  the starters in to work with the newbies it was a different game, just ask the Porter coaches. I'm guessing PNG was there scouting us out so our coaching staff  was keeping the play calling pretty lean from what I could see. If PNG can play  mistake free football next week against Dayton then it will probably be a close tight game if not Dayton by 10+. My wife has a lot of family that played ball for  PNG so we have been watching y'all for yrs. We both have a lot of respect for the Indians so safe travels and good luck and pray for an injury free game.

Go Broncos 2015!!!!!!!!!!! 

My opinion of the subject between 21 and 22 5a is that the season record shows that multiple teams in 21-5a can beat the probable district champion in 22-5a which shows the depth of our district. PNG is probably not going to beat Dayton mainly because Dayton is extremely battle tested at this point with games versus Crosby, New Caney, and C.E. King and they played all those teams tough. Lumberton has 0 chance of beating Crosby. and C.E. King is going to beat that random school from Beaumont. 

So 3-0 

and a Toss-up game with Nederland/NC

Just a note for Nederland fans that say you are "much better since week one" of course you are so is Crosby, so is New Caney, So is Dayton that is how High School works the kids get sharper on offense and tougher on Defense. So don't go believing you are the only ones getting better, Crosby with Tre in the backfield is scary. we now have a true 3 headed monster which makes us very dangerous and our defense is making big plays in big games at big times, so good luck this weekend and next but don't spout this "we are better now" line because its so brutally obvious that it need not be said. 

not sure who you are referring, that Nederland thinks we are the only ones who improved. It does not take a rocket scientist to know that everyone improves. But the question is, how much and are the players the same? We have a few different starters than we did in all of our non district games. We are very young this year, Nuemann and his staff had auditions in some position and settle on a starting line after our first district game against Vidor.   So, i think we had a lot of room for improvement and are where would should be. 

If if all things being equal, improvement and every team is on the same scale, the I would say Crosby won't get past the 2 or 3 round. Week 1 in Nederland they did not look like a top 10 team and really struggled at times, we kept it close through most of the game. so if every is improved and "we are better now", what really changes for Crosby ?

not sure who you are referring, that Nederland thinks we are the only ones who improved. It does not take a rocket scientist to know that everyone improves. But the question is, how much and are the players the same? We have a few different starters than we did in all of our non district games. We are very young this year, Nuemann and his staff had auditions in some position and settle on a starting line after our first district game against Vidor.   So, i think we had a lot of room for improvement and are where would should be. 

If if all things being equal, improvement and every team is on the same scale, the I would say Crosby won't get past the 2 or 3 round. Week 1 in Nederland they did not look like a top 10 team and really struggled at times, we kept it close through most of the game. so if every is improved and "we are better now", what really changes for Crosby ?

Did you see (read, hear, etc) what they did last night to King?  

Yes. That's 1 game on a Friday night. Every game has A life of its own. So King did not improve at the rate as Crosby? 

Last night was as healthy as Crosby has been in quite some time, might of had something to do with it.  Biggest beneficiary from last night was Central if Williams isn't healthy this week.  Every year it's the same tune out of Nederland about how they improve.  

Edited by CougarCal

Last night was as healthy as Crosby has been in quite some time, might of had something to do with it.  Biggest beneficiary from last night was Central is Williams isn't healthy this week.  Every year it's the same tune out of Nederland about how they improve.  

I did not say anything about improving. You said everyone improves equally. I think you prob should concentrate on your cougs and hope they improve to get live up to the expectations. 

I did not say anything about improving. You said everyone improves equally. I think you prob should concentrate on your cougs and hope they improve to get live up to the expectations. 

It's a 21-5A 22-5A thread, so actually I was commenting on the districts as a whole.  I really don't need to concentrate on anything.  Nothing I say or post on the forum will have any effect on the outcome of any game they ever play.  It's only my opinion.  It's the same rhetoric ever year from Nederland(except Jake94).  As far as Crosby, I could go in to how they have found another RB, Safety, Rover, and gained much needed experience from all the injuries, but I won't do that.

You brought Nederland this stupid conversation about how we always claim improvement and you stated that everyone improves as the season goes on. Ok, agree. Yes, we laid a big egg in GCM, you see it all the time teams don't play to their potential or has a bad game. Not sure what that's has to with anything except using your logic that Crosby has improved no more than anyone else.  Know that the dogs will,play hard next week against new caney and hopefully come out with a win. 

Edited by Bulldog8

You brought Nederland this stupid conversation about how we always claim improvement and you stated that everyone improves as the season goes on. Ok, agree. Yes, we laid a big egg in GCM, you see it all the time teams don't play to their potential or has a bad game. Not sure what that's has to with anything except using your logic that Crosby has improved no more than anyone else.  Know that the dogs will,play hard next week against new caney and hopefully come out with a win. 

If you look early on in this thread I said Neumman will have a good game plan and have Nederland ready to play.  I also said he needs to because New Caneys offense is difficult to stop.  It's the comments in general about, not the same team, don't put much in to non district games, etc.  

I think you are being a little sensitive here, nobody is claiming that Nederland has improved so much that they are better than Crosby, Dayton, or New Caney for that matter.  NC took yall to OT and validated it with a two point loss to Dayton while we lost to a underwhelming GCM.  There are no delusions on this side of the Trinity, it will take a great effort.  And it will help of we don't turn it over in our territory the first two possessions like we did last year.

I think you are being a little sensitive here, nobody is claiming that Nederland has improved so much that they are better than Crosby, Dayton, or New Caney for that matter.  NC took yall to OT and validated it with a two point loss to Dayton while we lost to a underwhelming GCM.  There are no delusions on this side of the Trinity, it will take a great effort.  And it will help of we don't turn it over in our territory the first two possessions like we did last year.

That goes for all of us. We haven't won a game against Dayton since 1946. I'm more scared of them than I am of Crosby..lol

No sensitivity here, I'm one who believes for a long playoff run your team needs talent, right matchup, health, coaching, and a little bit of luck.  Hopefully, everything falls in to place for a couple of teams from the area and we can all go to NRG to support them so the UIL can see there is somewhat of a home field advantage.

I think the jist of the whole thing is that Ned fans always claim improvement after their bi-district losses, which is logical. The problem with that improvement is that even on a bad night you don't lose to a bad team late in the season. Crosby probably hasn't improved anymore than anybody else, but we were better to start with. 

Crosby's opening game in Nederland they gave up 278 yards and 18 points, after ten game they give up 284 yards and 18 points. On offense in the opening game Crosby gained 491 yards and scored 35 points, after ten games they average 468ypg and 40ppg. Crosby has just been solid from wire to wire. 

New Caney has also improved since their loss to King early in district play. They finished the season as the best offense in 21-5A and the second best defense. Not to mention they have the extra week to prepare.