Png vs Lumberton

Enrollment 8 years ago was about the same as today,  in relation to other teams in district. Lumberton was the smallest then and still the smallest. We had a handful of Katrina refugees for about a month in 2005 and then Rita moved them right on down Interstate 10. So,  zero Katrina contributors.  In 2007, Lumberton was predicted to finish LAST in district. I believe we had one loss in district to PNG, possibly, and went 3 rounds deep. I should point out that many predicted Lumberton would finish last this season as well. There are many similarities between 2007 & 2015, including our head coach who was the OC in 2007.  

Yep that's the year we beat Dayton 8-7 and then lost to PNG! Tri-District Champions 

What was Lumberton's enrollment 8 years ago? How many Katrina evacuees were contributors? Where did they rank in the district personnel wise? 

Lumberton's enrollment haven't changed much in the last 13 years.  They are close to being the smallest team in district every year.  1 year, they dropped below 1,000.  As far as I know, the nucleus of that team was together since the pop Warner days.  If there were evacuees or out of town kids, they didn't play a key role in that team's success.  Don't remember the exact stats, but I'm sure they led the district in rushing yards that year.  they had a young man named Hussey, and I know he was the rushing leader...

Lumberton's enrollment haven't changed much in the last 13 years.  They are close to being the smallest team in district every year.  1 year, they dropped below 1,000.  As far as I know, the nucleus of that team was together since the pop Warner days.  If there were evacuees or out of town kids, they didn't play a key role in that team's success.  Don't remember the exact stats, but I'm sure they led the district in rushing yards that year.  they had a young man named Hussey, and I know he was the rushing leader...

yep Cody! Miss watching him play! I see him all the time at Verizon in bmt 

Enrollment 8 years ago was about the same as today,  in relation to other teams in district. Lumberton was the smallest then and still the smallest. We had a handful of Katrina refugees for about a month in 2005 and then Rita moved them right on down Interstate 10. So,  zero Katrina contributors.  In 2007, Lumberton was predicted to finish LAST in district. I believe we had one loss in district to PNG, possibly, and went 3 rounds deep. I should point out that many predicted Lumberton would finish last this season as well. There are many similarities between 2007 & 2015, including our head coach who was the OC in 2007.  

Ok, I just now seen your explanation.  Thanks for the clarification.  Good info...

If Lumberton scores more points and has more Total yards vs PNG than we did vs Central, would you then agree that Central has the better Defense?  Yes or No?  

Since we only scored 7pts last year in garbage time at the end of the game, I think it's safe to say we will not score more than 21 this year.  Wouldn't you agree?

If that's how you want to determine who has a better D than yes I agree. But if PNG puts up 50 on L-town and they score 24. What's that mean?  Centrals D is better? Than that's fine..

If that's how you want to determine who has a better D than yes I agree. But if PNG puts up 50 on L-town and they score 24. What's that mean?  Centrals D is better? Than that's fine..

According to your previous post,  Fewest points allowed = Best defense.  I didn't say that's how Best Defense is determined. I thought you did. I'll have to re-read your previous post. 

well I have seen every team in the district with the exception of Ozen. Either the offenses are really good this year or the defenses are horrible. I was at the game with stat traxx,soulja, and SFA85. Central should have  ran away with the game, key mistakes by Central and the fact that the  Ltrain never quitting, came back and made it a game. Here talk of Whaley being the best running back in the district, don't see it. A Crout is a better back in my opinion, Whaley could be the best back if they would ride him like a pack mule the entire game. Austin is the type back that can score on any and every play. As far as Defense PNG s biggest down fall is the opponents opening drive. Seems to me that is when they give up their scores, but after that, unless the secend team is put in there isn't much scoring going on except the WOS game. They bend but they don't break. It will be interesting if the Raiders can get that second TD or if they are just gonna get beat down as usual. Im not gonna look past the L train  but im pretty sure they will be walking out of their stadium with a loss. Just my two cents hope that PNG can get out of this game injury free. We are beat up this year with the injury bug. Thank the lord we have players that can step it up when called upon. Be interesting to see how our Defense plays, may surprise some people may not.

From the PNGISD website:
Lumberton Ticket Information
Lumberton tickets will be sold on Thursday, October 8. These tickets were sold during pre-season sales but were temporarily unavailable. More tickets were received and will be sold the day before the game and at the gate.

looks like lumberton is yanking the indians chains on tickets.....lol

From the PNGISD website:
Lumberton Ticket Information
Lumberton tickets will be sold on Thursday, October 8. These tickets were sold during pre-season sales but were temporarily unavailable. More tickets were received and will be sold the day before the game and at the gate.

Just saw this, but I get off at 4 and the ticket office closes at 4:00.

According to your previous post,  Fewest points allowed = Best defense.  I didn't say that's how Best Defense is determined. I thought you did. I'll have to re-read your previous post. 

Central and PNG have had one common opponent so far. GCM. PNG held them to 1 less TD and fewer yards than Central did. BAM!

Go ahead and talk yourself into thinking PNG is a cakewalk compared to Central.

SERIES (PN-G 14-1)
96: PNG 69-7
97: PNG 47-14
02: PNG 21-14
03: PNG 45-7
04: PNG 41-21
05: PNG 42-21
06: PNG 36-23
07: PNG 31-24
08: LUM 17-10 (OT)
09: PNG 39-6
10: PNG 42-14
11: PNG 57-10
12: PNG 34-25
13: PNG 45-0
14: PNG 55-10

Scoring this season
PN-G 38.8 - 12.4
Lumberton 30.4 - 23.8

Pigskin Prep Regional Rank
18. PN-G
34. Lumberton

Pigskin Prep State Rank
56. PN-G
121. Lumberton

Pigskin Prep Line
PN-G by 8

Looking at all of that, can someone explain to me how Lumberton is only an 8pt underdog?  We are scoring 8pts less per game and giving up 11pts more per game.  Lumberton is ranked #121 in the state compared to PNG who is #56.  What am I missing?   This game should not even be close, right?  I'm confused.