Png vs Lumberton

Better offense?  Yes.  There's a lot of team's offenses that are better than Central's.  Defense?  No.  They are big and strong up front...  Fast, athletic, and hit hard and make good tackles.  The only problem is that sometimes, our offense hangs us out to dry sometimes.  If we sustain drives, our defense. Continue to flex its muscles.

All i will say is....wait and see.

I have seen everyone in our district play except Vidor  and ozen and I believe that Lumberton  will be a tough opponent If we play our brand of football and here is the key (mistake free) we should be ok. I watched Lumberton capitalize on every mistake Central made through playing fundamentally sound and playing with a higher % of execution. This is going to be a physical game Lymberton will make sure of that its the best chance they have of staying in the game.  We're I think the different could be for PNG is the fact that Lumberton has not played against Adam Mores or anyone close to his talent at throwing the ball. For some reason No one is crediting PNG for being better on defense this year and I get it weak opponents and so on, I can tell you one thing for sure PNG is very much more physical on defense this season and have continuously improved.  Lumberton will be the second toughest game we played this season behind WOS how we handle that will be up to us . Several of our players scouted the game last week and they are extremely excited to play Lumberton this week.  I expect a hard fought game and feel like the outcome of it will be riding on the back of playing mistake free football. Interesting stat from last week PNG had 1 single penalty and 0 turnovers. That's what we need again this week.

Good honest post. PNG has a lot of talent, and the Lumberton boys are starting to earn some respect, at least from the adults on the board......if both teams play to their potential, it should be a great game

Good Luck!!

Prep, the Stat you referred to, 0 turnovers and 1 penalty, certainly one of the most important but rarely used positively.  Lot of, if we hadn't fumbled 3 times - but when winning, not mentioned as often.  Actually acquired a (slight) admiration for PNG posters.  Knowledgeable, insightful comments.  Still hope Ltown wins though lol. 

thanks and I understand

So png defense is better than Central?  

I thought y'all all kn

So if big if ! The team is actually thinking like the PNG fans on here  -- then this is a big trap game ! Reality is  ; as it should be ; actual players are probably approaching the game as an underdog !!!!!! PNG defense still unknown -only real test was a bust . Central D seen some real horses . Although Indians did do a good job on Goose ! We will see won't we . I rate this a toss up but PNG has executed really well last few games . Few mistakes /giveaways / penalties !

I thought y'all all kn

So if big if ! The team is actually thinking like the PNG fans on here  -- then this is a big trap game ! Reality is  ; as it should be ; actual players are probably approaching the game as an underdog !!!!!! PNG defense still unknown -only real test was a bust . Central D seen some real horses . Although Indians did do a good job on Goose ! We will see won't we . I rate this a toss up but PNG has executed really well last few games . Few mistakes /giveaways / penalties !

Great post!

Lumberton is pretty banged up from that defense Soulja is referring to.  Last I heard 4 of the Raiders were out or questionable...

Lumberton is missing so many starters,  we are petitioning the UiL to let us play 6-Man football vs PNG this week.  If they deny our request,  we might just have to call this game off.