Png vs Lumberton

I went to this game and sit with several Indians fans and many Vidor players. A nice group of Indian players were there as well. Here is my honest assesment.

1 Lumberton played very fundmentally sound football. The blocking very good.

2 Central was very much more athletic than Lumberton. (Bigger, larger, and faster).

3 Central made many mistakes. Flags at crucial times.

4 Lumberton played above themselves all evening.

5 Why did Central not run Whaley more?

6 Central has a very big line a very good back. The Qb's passing skills is a underdeveloped. 

7 Central should have won this game by a large margin but when you have a team as Lumberton was today who played very sound football it makes every mistake you make magnified 10 fold. My assesment is that Lumberton is a very good coached football team playing inspired football, but was undermanned against a Central team loaded with athletes. All that being said it took a shot at the end of the game  to put the scrappy Lumberton team away. If anyone sleeps on Lumberton the very well could loose. 

where did you sit? I saw a lot of PNG people 

I went to this game and sit with several Indians fans and many Vidor players. A nice group of Indian players were there as well. Here is my honest assesment.

1 Lumberton played very fundmentally sound football. The blocking very good.

2 Central was very much more athletic than Lumberton. (Bigger, larger, and faster).

3 Central made many mistakes. Flags at crucial times.

4 Lumberton played above themselves all evening.

5 Why did Central not run Whaley more?

6 Central has a very big line a very good back. The Qb's passing skills is a underdeveloped. 

7 Central should have won this game by a large margin but when you have a team as Lumberton was today who played very sound football it makes every mistake you make magnified 10 fold. My assesment is that Lumberton is a very good coached football team playing inspired football, but was undermanned against a Central team loaded with athletes. All that being said it took a shot at the end of the game  to put the scrappy Lumberton team away. If anyone sleeps on Lumberton the very well could loose. 

I could not have said it much better. 

That's funny they beat us by 7 and we aren't any good that's funny we earned respect today in 2 ways y'all had to FIGHT to get the win amd our boys PLAY clean so they WON on that note also I am beyond PROUD to say I am a RAIDER and our boys DESERVE some respect...

I guess I'll become your first enemy... But here it is... And I promise I will not make another post on this because I'm only going to throw out football knowledge after this..... 

So here goes...... Raidergirl, nothing on you becasue your a legit fan that I Respect.....

But.........

if you are looking for a PARTICIPANT ribbon, you won't find many on this board.....

Lumberton gets some respect earned for playing mistake free ball and inspired.........

But to win, and win consistently. You have to change the culture.... Participant ribbons get you what you have......... At the end of the day, you LOST.. So if you want the moral victory, so be it...... But it's kinda like when your kid is in T Ball, and the losing coach is telling the kids... "We are all winners", guess what, they usually keep losing.  But when the coach that wins all the time finally loses a game, he tells his kids, we lost and this is what you did wrong, and we are gonna get it right or else... Guess what, he's usually the guy that walks around the ballpark and all the moms hate him.. Because all he cares about is winning..  So they say... Well you know what..... I like to be the guy they hate...... So in the Nutshell.. WOS kicked our butts....... No participant ribbon for us... No moral victory.... Just another loss... So tell your boys to strap em on, get ready for next week, and knock some heads around....  Change the culture... Participant ribbons are overrated.  amd playing clean, well that often leads to playing intimidated.... Central did nothing I seen that was dirty... That's called SWAG... You know, not in my house stuff.... And guess what... It worked........

Edited by Stattrax

I don't have a dog in this fight, but being a HS FB Fan. I was  at the lumberton game Saturday.. And I have seen every team in the district play after today. This is my opinion! 

PNG.. I  read today they have the best defense in the district statistically, going into the season all I heard was how good PNG  offenses was.  and their offense is very good and explosive, but from what I have seen Png will beat you however you allow them to beat you.  Meaning if you put 8 in the box on defense  they will throw it up and down the field.if you put eight outside the box they were running it down your throat..  And yes Baytown Lee had three lineman on the D line and 8 in coverage.. So they ran for almost 300..  So pick your poison.. 

Nederalnd.. They have an explosive offense, but their defense is in question.  They have a great coach and he always has his team ready to play and will make any adjustments at halftime to win the game.

vidor..  They have an unbelievable running game coach Mathews has got the wing T rolling..  And like Nederalnd their defense is  their weakness!  But you better be ready to put your running shoes on because they can outscore you on any given Friday.

Central..  Very athletic very fast, young quarterback that definitely needs some improvement but very talented. The best running back in southeast Texas, but their offense line scares me.  And they also put the ball on the ground too often.  Their defense is above average but need to find some leadership it seem like there's too many I'm the man guys on their defense.

Lumberton..  They're very well coached very disciplined, and they are hungry!  They have a very good running game,they have a really good tight end but their best player in my opinion  is number 77 on their offense of line. And number 44 is a beast on the D line.

GCM..  They have some very talented players number 10 is unbelievable.  But they have two quarterbacks that alternate . You know the old saying if you have two quarterbacks playing that means you don't have one! 

Ozen..  They have so much speed and athletic ability, but don't seem to be conditioned as well as I thought.  Their offense needs to stay on the field longer to give the defense a rest. 

Baytown Lee..  I saw some flashes of some really good talent I think they need to come together as a team and play for each other they have a lot of heart a lot of fight in them, They just need a few players on offense and defense to step up in a leadership role. I believe they will be better next year .

in that order that's the way I see this distric unfolding. 

I guess I'll become your first enemy... But here it is... And I promise I will not make another post on this because I'm only going to throw out football knowledge after this..... 

So here goes...... Raidergirl, nothing on you becasue your a legit fan that I Respect.....

But.........

if you are looking for a PARTICIPANT ribbon, you won't find many on this board.....

Lumberton gets some respect earned for playing mistake free ball and inspired.........

But to win, and win consistently. You have to change the culture.... Participant ribbons get you what you have......... At the end of the day, you LOST.. So if you want the moral victory, so be it...... But it's kinda like when your kid is in T Ball, and the losing coach is telling the kids... "We are all winners", guess what, they usually keep losing.  But when the coach that wins all the time finally loses a game, he tells his kids, we lost and this is what you did wrong, and we are gonna get it right or else... Guess what, he's usually the guy that walks around the ballpark and all the moms hate him.. Because all he cares about is winning..  So they say... Well you know what..... I like to be the guy they hate...... So in the Nutshell.. WOS kicked our butts....... No participant ribbon for us... No moral victory.... Just another loss... So tell your boys to strap em on, get ready for next week, and knock some heads around....  Change the culture... Participant ribbons are overrated.  amd playing clean, well that often leads to playing intimidated.... Central did nothing I seen that was dirty... That's called SWAG... You know, not in my house stuff.... And guess what... It worked........

that's a good point you made, and I agree 110% with what you are saying!

But I will add this, these past few years our players have lacked confidence. Yeah we may have went through some poor coaching, probably been a lot less talented compared to the district we play in, but in the end the main problem was our confidence. We knew in the back of our minds that we didn't stand a chance.

With that being said, I agree with you that in the end winning is all that matters. But at the same time and at this point in the rebuilding stage that we are in with Babin's mentality being taught, I believe that our players need that confidence boost knowing that we CAN actually contend in this district. We need to reevaluate ourselves and realize where we went wrong yesterday and what changes need to be made because after all a loss is a loss no matter what excuse or how hard we tried. But we also need that confidence going into each and every game.

we need to be happy with our performance and effort, but definetly not satisfied!

I don't have a dog in this fight, but being a HS FB Fan. I was  at the lumberton game Saturday.. And I have seen every team in the district play after today. This is my opinion! 

PNG.. I  read today they have the best defense in the district statistically, going into the season all I heard was how good PNG  offenses was.  and their offense is very good and explosive, but from what I have seen Png will beat you however you allow them to beat you.  Meaning if you put 8 in the box on defense  they will throw it up and down the field.if you put eight outside the box they were running it down your throat..  And yes Baytown Lee had three lineman on the D line and 8 in coverage.. So they ran for almost 300..  So pick your poison.. 

Nederalnd.. They have an explosive offense, but their defense is in question.  They have a great coach and he always has his team ready to play and will make any adjustments at halftime to win the game.

vidor..  They have an unbelievable running game coach Mathews has got the wing T rolling..  And like Nederalnd their defense is  their weakness!  But you better be ready to put your running shoes on because they can outscore you on any given Friday.

Central..  Very athletic very fast, young quarterback that definitely needs some improvement but very talented. The best running back in southeast Texas, but their offense line scares me.  And they also put the ball on the ground too often.  Their defense is above average but need to find some leadership it seem like there's too many I'm the man guys on their defense.

Lumberton..  They're very well coached very disciplined, and they are hungry!  They have a very good running game,they have a really good tight end but their best player in my opinion  is number 77 on their offense of line. And number 44 is a beast on the D line.

GCM..  They have some very talented players number 10 is unbelievable.  But they have two quarterbacks that alternate . You know the old saying if you have two quarterbacks playing that means you don't have one! 

Ozen..  They have so much speed and athletic ability, but don't seem to be conditioned as well as I thought.  Their offense needs to stay on the field longer to give the defense a rest. 

Baytown Lee..  I saw some flashes of some really good talent I think they need to come together as a team and play for each other they have a lot of heart a lot of fight in them, They just need a few players on offense and defense to step up in a leadership role. I believe they will be better next year .

in that order that's the way I see this distric unfolding. 

You are correct the best player onLumberton by far and away is #77. This kid is a beast among beast. For myself  and everyone around us he was the main topic of discussion all game.

But.........

But to win, and win consistently. You have to change the culture.... Participant ribbons get you what you have......... At the end of the day, you LOST.. So if you want the moral victory, so be it...... But it's kinda like when your kid is in T Ball, and the losing coach is telling the kids... "We are all winners", guess what, they usually keep losing.  But when the coach that wins all the time finally loses a game, he tells his kids, we lost and this is what you did wrong, and we are gonna get it right or else... Guess what, he's usually the guy that walks around the ballpark and all the moms hate him.. Because all he cares about is winning..  So they say... Well you know what..... I like to be the guy they hate...... So in the Nutshell.. WOS kicked our butts....... No participant ribbon for us... No moral victory.... Just another loss... So tell your boys to strap em on, get ready for next week, and knock some heads around....  Change the culture... Participant ribbons are overrated.  amd playing clean, well that often leads to playing intimidated.... Central did nothing I seen that was dirty... That's called SWAG... You know, not in my house stuff.... 1st off I'm way older then Raidergirl and been a Raider graduate and fan for 30+ years and intimidated  that's funny no our kids are taught to play fare which means no punching in the balls no face masking someone almost in a circle and no punching even when you know you won a game if that's SWAG then guess what our boys don't need or want it. I give Central credit they have a great team. I also give Lumberton credit they earned Central wasn't prepared for that close of a game ever one thought we didn't have a chamce,guess what PROVED them wrong. So you have your opinion and trust me I have mine and we will leave it at that,because frankly I don't CARE about yours since your oblivious to RIGHT from WRONG have a great day

You are correct the best player onLumberton by far and away is #77. This kid is a beast among beast. For myself  and everyone around us he was the main topic of discussion all game.

I have to agree about Helms! Plus he is also a great kid off the field. Idk if any of you watched the Sunday sports extra the 2nd time Lumberton was on there but he is the on that ate the 12 meat burger after the HF game 

Was it the same results?  because when I saw him line up right, he was putting in work...

Helms is very good. He will play at the next level.  I've heard he had some offers from smaller colleges.  Great kid,  hard worker and incredibly strong. Every coach wishes they had 5 of him. 

Lumberton being improved this year may actually sell even more tickets on our side. Most of us come to support the team, but we also want to see a good game. Sounds like this one might be more competitive than it has been.

Its been boring the last few years.

I would go ahead and get ready for another typical PN-G, Lumberton game...