Nederland 34 Beaumont Ozen 25/Final

WOSgrad

defense has to wrap up. I dont put them at fault for those interference calls, the absolute dumbest calls I've seen in football this week but karma prevailed though after each call. 

Same as against Vidor. Sometimes the play is blocked good and that happens. But most of the time, Ned's defense is in position, like I said after last game, but we were hitting high and bouncing off. I'd say missed tackles is our biggest problem. The best thing about this team and all Neumann teams is that they don't give up. Also, Neumann teams get better as they go along.

I'm gonna go ahead and save Smitty some time, how.many yards did Ozen have, that is how we keep score in football right?

LOL!  But stats will get one an early exit in the playoffs.   502 yards...  But, stats did matter against QUALITY teams like Dayton and Crosby.   No comparison between those teams and teams in this district...

Edited by smitty

LOL!  But stats will get one an early exit in the playoffs.   502 yards...  But, stats did matter against QUALITY teams like Dayton and Crosby.   No comparison between those teams and teams in this district...

Can someone tell me how to get to the nearest gas station? How many centimeters away is it?

I've said all year that our D needs work, but we've allowed 25 and 30 points to two pretty good offenses( one of which scored 83 points last night). If we hold teams under 30, we have a pretty good chance to win even on s night when the offense isn't clicking on all cylinders.

P.S. The defense also scored last night and created FOUR turnovers.

Edited by jake94

Only Stat that matters is 2-0. Kinda early to predict an early exit from the playoffs. Hell I am still hoping to make the playoffs. Lots of football left to play. Bring on the jags. We play the meat of the schedule early. Nederland will get everyone's best game. Gotta play good to knock off the champ. All the district teams circle this one on their calendar. Vidor even made up a rivalry game, so that tells me something

Only Stat that matters is 2-0. Kinda early to predict an early exit from the playoffs. Hell .  am still hoping to make the playoffs. Lots of football left to play. Bring on the jags. We play the meat of the schedule early. Nederland will get everyone's best game. Gotta play good to knock off the champ. All the district teams circle this one on their calendar. Vidor even made up a rivalry game, so that tells me something

A team with alot of stats mean they did well between the 20 and the 20. A win means you did more from end zone to end zone. DOGS 2-0!!

Edited by MAYFIELD

No one will believe me, but I called the flea flicker to #6. Not the flea flicker per se, but Ned had just gotten a first down at about the Ozen 35-40. I leaned over and told my wife they need to throw it deep to #6, right down the middle (post pattern). She wouldn't even look at me after that play.

On Ozen's running the ball....they are tough and fast. The 79 yard TD run by #8, for that play it was well blocked, he turned the corner and took off. Hate to see that but it happens. Feed a guy the rock enough times, he is going to break one. What we need to work on is hitting the opponents in the backfield and they turn that into first downs. This and the PI penalties kept our defense on the field. 

All in all, Nederland outscored Ozen and that is the only stat that matters. Our guys played their hearts out and I appreciate that. It's why I go to the games.

A lot of people on here are not giving the the defense the credit they deserve last night. They created 4 turnovers, 1 of the was a score on defense the second turnovers was inside the 15 yd line which gave the offense a very short field. We stopped ozen on 4th down and short. The fake punt will go against the defense but really is special teams. When you shutdown their offense on 5 possession, that tells you tat our offense was not keeping the ball very long and getting first downs. 

Our defense is very young and can't stay out on the field on night like they. Now it is a team game, so it is not offense against defense, but when one side of the ball struggles, they other side needs to step up. I'm not sure how much more defense can improve and get better at tackling, but they will play hard and hopefully make the plays when it counts. Most of the district is built towards offense. Looks like are not much different.

Can someone tell me how to get to the nearest gas station? How many centimeters away is it?

I've said all year that our D needs work, but we've allowed 25 and 30 points to two pretty good offenses( one of which scored 83 points last night). If we hold teams under 30, we have a pretty good chance to win even on s night when the offense isn't clicking on all cylinders.

P.S. The defense also scored last night and created FOUR turnovers.

This is a general statement:  Sounds like some don't understand the debate...

Edited by smitty

True, the debate for some is very specific, so specific it might seem personal.  Could hear a mouse fart over "Some's" Nederland defense comments on this board the past 4-5 years... now "Some" sense an opportunity. 

Come on Bru, nothing's changed.  A couple of years ago we were supposed to have the best defense in the history of the world.  If I recall, we got waxed early in the playoffs.  Again -- blame the kids if you wish.  I choose not to!

Edited by smitty

I understand exactly what Smitty is saying, it's the ability to change in game, and adjust your team. I got one our offense would be unstoppable if we wouldn't be so vanilla. Everybody knows Krautz is our Big Dog, but do every run and pass has to go to him, when you have so many weapons. There was people calling out where the ball was going, don't know how Suggs didn't know. There was a play Krautz took it to the 5 I believe and lost his helmet, barely catching his air. Instead of believing in other weapons you have, you call time out, then put him right back in. You  know this is jmo, but I think we have weapons just don't use them right.

Neds offense averaging over 35 pts through 5 games, Nothing vanilla about that......Krautz's helmet comes off with 2mins in the game......I  call a TO, get his arse back in the game and try to extend my lead.....Hes the bell cow....., whether he touches it or not, he has to be accounted for. But ONLY if he is in the game.