Lumberton 51 Beaumont Ozen 29/Final

WOSgrad

Ozen 420 yds 14 1st dwn 52/311 rush 5/6 109 pass C Tyler 24=185 rush 4tds******Choo choo 387 tot  34/208 rush  7/14/0  179 pass.Ozen w/1 fumble,neither team had more than 40 penalty yds=strange game but L Train 22pt margin victory=statement acknowledged.1 more win Choo-choo laying down track marks=they posters gonna jump out the closet

Ozen 420 yds 14 1st dwn 52/311 rush 5/6 109 pass C Tyler 24=185 rush 4tds******Choo choo 387 tot  34/208 rush  7/14/0  179 pass.Ozen w/1 fumble,neither team had more than 40 penalty yds=strange game but L Train 22pt margin victory=statement acknowledged.1 more win Choo-choo laying down track marks=they posters gonna jump out the closet

I know, right?  They'll definitely come out of thd woodworks If they  beat us Saturday....

It's funny.  I think about the Lumberton team that struggled against smaller class competition... H-F,28-27/Bridge City, 19-14/ Orangefield, 33-21.  Then they put up 51 points against a pretty good Ozen team.  And pushed them around.  It's almost like Lumberton has been playing possum and just skating by and just waiting...  Waiting to spring it on the district.  It's almost comical if this is true and Lumberton turns out to be 'the truth'.  Then again, Ozen probably played down after showing a let down a couple  of weeks vs. West Brook. But a letdown of this magnitude in the first district game?  A complete head scratcher.

The Raiders were probably just lucky. I'm sure the mighty jaguars have nothing to worry about. After all,  we played 4A teams pre-district and Central played 6A. So that obviously makes you the stronger,  more battle-tested and superior team. Besides,  just look at how badly Central beat Lumberton last year and these are the same kids. It should feel like a Bye week for the Jags. 

I think those stats are backwards. 

It's funny.  I think about the Lumberton team that struggled against smaller class competition... H-F,28-27/Bridge City, 19-14/ Orangefield, 33-21.  Then they put up 51 points against a pretty good Ozen team.  And pushed them around.  It's almost like Lumberton has been playing possum and just skating by and just waiting...  Waiting to spring it on the district.  It's almost comical if this is true and Lumberton turns out to be 'the truth'.  Then again, Ozen probably played down after showing a let down a couple  of weeks vs. West Brook. But a letdown of this magnitude in the first district game?  A complete head scratcher.

What if they are just improving? What if they are listening to the Coach and imroving every week? Instead of asking what's the deal with Lumberton.....might want to ask Ozen what team dressed up in Lumberton uniforms last night and gave them a football lesson.....lol 

I will pull up the stats so far.  But the Rhodes kid from Lumberton, the Adams kid from Goose Creek, the Krause (sp) kid from Nederland, and Whaley from Central will have a legit argument in this case....

Soulja lets be honest Whaley is not even in the discussion I don't think he's been a factor in any of Centrals games this year...I'm still waiting on you to show me a back with better stats

I'm looking at the stats obtained from Beaumont Surprise and Houston Barnicle...  They've got to be accurate... 

Again didn't say they weren't accurate.  They are just listed next to the wrong team.

One team's QB threw 1 incomplete pass the entire game and it wasn't Ozen.  One team rushed the ball over 50 times for over 300 yds and 6 TDs and it also wasn't Ozen.  Now, is that what your reliable source at the game told you or not?

Soulja lets be honest Whaley is not even in the discussion I don't think he's been a factor in any of Centrals games this year...I'm still waiting on you to show me a back with better stats

Right now, Tyler does have 598, 7.9 ypc, and 9 tds, but the next one up, yardswise is Whaley with 501 yards, 5.6 ypc, and 5 TD's.  Also, Tyler got most of those yards in that game Vs. The North Carolina team.  With the district in full swing, a lot will change.  Tyler's good, but there are other district backs that are breathing down his neck.  Don't dismiss those other guys...

..And you say Whaley is not in the discussion...  You killing me...

This is what I saw from the Enterprise....

This is the hidden content, please

Soulja must get a different copy of the Bmt Enterprise than other Beaumont residents.  From the linked article:

Lumberton rushed the ball 52 times for 311 yards while Ozen carried it 34 times for 208 yards. Ozen quarterback Josh Boyd passed for 179 yards on 7-of-14 passing and Stephen Yarbro went 5-of-6 for 109 yards and a score. Calvin Tyler Jr led the Panthers with 185 yards while Tim Rhodes finished with a team-high 158 yards for the Raiders.

Also, like the quote from Lumberton QB. "I've said it before, I don't care if my stats are horrible," Yarbro said. "As long as my teammates run the ball the way they do and we get a win. There is nothing better than this."

And not to take anything away from Ozen's Tyler, because he is as advertised, but I think he was the only RB for Ozen.  Lumberton ran the ball with 5 different backs.  At Lumberton, we teach the kids the following life lesson:

"You can achieve anything in life that you want as long as you don't mind who gets the credit".  This is a TEAM game gentlemen.  Don't ever forget that.

Soulja must get a different copy of the Bmt Enterprise than other Beaumont residents.  From the linked article:

Lumberton rushed the ball 52 times for 311 yards while Ozen carried it 34 times for 208 yards. Ozen quarterback Josh Boyd passed for 179 yards on 7-of-14 passing and Stephen Yarbro went 5-of-6 for 109 yards and a score. Calvin Tyler Jr led the Panthers with 185 yards while Tim Rhodes finished with a team-high 158 yards for the Raiders.

Also, like the quote from Lumberton QB. "I've said it before, I don't care if my stats are horrible," Yarbro said. "As long as my teammates run the ball the way they do and we get a win. There is nothing better than this."

I went to the stats portion of the website, not that actual article.  And I never prescribed to the Beaumont Surprise.

So how many penalties were actually on each team?

Right now, Tyler does have 598, 7.9 ypc, and 9 tds, but the next one up, yardswise is Whaley with 501 yards, 5.6 ypc, and 5 TD's.  Also, Tyler got most of those yards in that game Vs. The North Carolina team.  With the district in full swing, a lot will change.  Tyler's good, but there are other district backs that are breathing down his neck.  Don't dismiss those other guys...

..And you say Whaley is not in the discussion...  You killing me...

Has Whaley had over a 100 yards in any game this year? And correction soulja Lil C has 10 TD's total he's got a receiving TD as well.

And not to take anything away from Ozen's Tyler, because he is as advertised, but I think he was the only RB for Ozen.  Lumberton ran the ball with 5 different backs.  At Lumberton, we teach the kids the following life lesson:

"You can achieve anything in life that you want as long as you don't mind who gets the credit".  This is a TEAM game gentlemen.  Don't ever forget that.

Hats off to your coaches for using all of their players talents. Ozen has to re-evaluate somethings and utilize players in positions where they can help their team. I can't take anything from Lumberton because they are looking good with or without the home cooking. I think they clearly out played us and see that their program is headed in a positive direction. Hopefully our coaches and players can pull things together because the talent is their and getting the talent to perform at a high level is a special thing. Lumberton has figured this out thus far. Good Luck to those Raiders, "Hard work paying off!" I'll take my crow barbecued please! Lol