Crosby @ Week 4

Cougar14.2

I figured since Crosby plays Galena Park and what looks to be a down Kingwood Park the next two weeks before the bye that there's no need to have prediction threads started. Instead I though we could just review some numbers and make comments before the matchup in three weeks in Liberty County.

Last year at this point in the season Crosby was averaging 27.5ppg and allowing 13ppg. The offense was gaining 386.5ypg and allowing 200ypg. Yardage differential was 186.5ypg and the point differential was 14.5ppg.

This year after four games Crosby is averaging 35.5ppg and allowing 15.8ppg. The offense is gaining 472.5ypg and the defense is allowing 264.5ypg. Yardage differential is 208ypg and the point differential is 19.7ppg.

It's hard to say Crosby isn't a better team than last year, especially with the way Cotton is commanding the team. Not that it matters but with what's coming up on Cedar Park's schedule the next few games Crosby might well leave Dayton ranked as the AP's #1 team in the state.

Even with the loss of Grace for the rest of the season it seems like Crosby's is going to be a tougher out than they were last year. There's still a good amount of room for improvement but I don't see any reason not to think Crosby is still the odds on favorite to win region 3 in division two.

How many teams in this district can afford to loose their Carlos Grace and still hold on to a #2 State Ranking ? Can Humble without Terio Brown ~ I don't think so.Can C.E.King without Trayveon Williams ~ I don't think so.Can Dayton without Shaq or Styner ~ I don't think so. Can New Caney without Timmy Ware ~ I don't think so.Throw in Sqwirl out for 3 weeks.We could be seeing an incredible story if Code Red returns to the playoffs with an undefeated record. 

How many teams in this district can afford to loose their Carlos Grace and still hold on to a #2 State Ranking ? Can Humble without Terio Brown ~ I don't think so.Can C.E.King without Trayveon Williams ~ I don't think so.Can Dayton without Shaq or Styner ~ I don't think so. Can New Caney without Timmy Ware ~ I don't think so.Throw in Sqwirl out for 3 weeks.We could be seeing an incredible story if Code Red returns to the playoffs with an undefeated record. 

Dylan Moore actually leads Dayton in Tds yards per carry and yards per reception but I get your point. Oh yeah he also has a td pass.

I don't think any team in this district could manage what Crosby has. Now the kids have extra motivation to play for which I think mayake this team even more dangerous. 

What people don't understand is the depth in the program that gives the staff the ability to match or adjust to so many styles of play. People used to make jokes about D1 players and 2nd round losses but what went unnoticed was the amount of overall quality players Crosby was producing. Hopefully players don't start trying to leave the program in search of playing time. 

Crosby has gone from being judged on wins to being judged on style points in a few short years. Pretty meteoric rise for a program that was the butt of jokes not that long ago. Ain't nothing funny when those light come on now though. 

Go Crosby! 

Congrats to Nathan White on his FCS offer from University of South Dakota. That makes 5 players with FCS/FBS offer in the 2016 class for Crosby. I'll include Alec Lewis and say there's 5 more FCS/FBS kids in the 2017 class and below. Pretty cool for almost half of your starters to be D1 caliber players.

What I've come to realize is that having a bunch of highly touted players helps, what helps even more is the quality of your D2/JUCO level players though.

Congrats to Nathan White on his FCS offer from University of South Dakota. That makes 5 players with FCS/FBS offer in the 2016 class for Crosby. I'll include Alec Lewis and say there's 5 more FCS/FBS kids in the 2017 class and below. Pretty cool for almost half of your starters to be D1 caliber players.

What I've come to realize is that having a bunch of highly touted players helps, what helps even more is the quality of your D2/JUCO level players though.

Manny got 2 more, Colorado State and Illinois, saw it by chance on Twitter last evening. 

Yeah, him and Perry are close to picking up their 4th star to go with Williams 5 stars. Mannie should hit the 20 offer mark during Spring evaluations.

I'm not familiar with the recruiting process, but it seems like D1 schools should be salivating over Pickney. Nice size speed and ball skills. Nathan White should have a lot more offers also. He's like the Crosby JJ WATT. 

I'm not familiar with the recruiting process, but it seems like D1 schools should be salivating over Pickney. Nice size speed and ball skills. Nathan White should have a lot more offers also. He's like the Crosby JJ WATT. 

that kid reminds me of Jalen Barnes, a DB we had here at PA Memorial few years ago, same kind of motor on the field. Dont worry the offers will come just like they did for him late in the season. 

that kid reminds me of Jalen Barnes, a DB we had here at PA Memorial few years ago, same kind of motor on the field. Dont worry the offers will come just like they did for him late in the season. 

He's already past the Spring evaluation of his junior year. After that point it's a lot harder to get FBS offers. Maybe some lower level offers like North Texas, UTSA or ULL but if you're telling me Keivon Ramsey was the 55th best safety in the country last year I don't see how Pickney only gets two stars?

I've probably watched over 1000 hours of high school film/highlight tapes and I haven't seen many close and finish like Pickney. He checks all the boxes you need to for major D1 offers and I think he goes 4.3 on the hand time. I'll put it like this. Michael Mathis signed with Kansas out of JUCO last December, Donnie Starks is the starting nickel back at K-State and Chance Casey started a game for the Raiders last year. Casey was even on the Big 12 freshman team but IMO none of these kids were as good as Pickney. Mathis hit like him, Starks had the speed and Casey was just a flat out playmaker but nobody was the total package like #2. 

Here's his mid-season work so far, vicious tackler. 

This is the hidden content, please

He's already past the Spring evaluation of his junior year. After that point it's a lot harder to get FBS offers. Maybe some lower level offers like North Texas, UTSA or ULL but if you're telling me Keivon Ramsey was the 55th best safety in the country last year I don't see how Pickney only gets two stars?

I've probably watched over 1000 hours of high school film/highlight tapes and I haven't seen many close and finish like Pickney. He checks all the boxes you need to for major D1 offers and I think he goes 4.3 on the hand time. I'll put it like this. Michael Mathis signed with Kansas out of JUCO last December, Donnie Starks is the starting nickel back at K-State and Chance Casey started a game for the Raiders last year. Casey was even on the Big 12 freshman team but IMO none of these kids were as good as Pickney. Mathis hit like him, Starks had the speed and Casey was just a flat out playmaker but nobody was the total package like #2. 

Here's his mid-season work so far, vicious tackler. 

This is the hidden content, please

violent!