Who Has The Team That Will Make It The Farthest In Playoffs This Year

Roxsy

To make it far, you have to have a good team, experience, some luck and a good playoff draw.  I won't take the Homer route (though I hope we win it all).  I'm going with Lumberton to make it to the Regional finals.  They are playing good and have recent experience going deep.  Dickinson and Jones are on the other side of the Region III bracket and that will help. 

In 3A Orangefield is opposite of China Springs, Navasota and Silsbee.  Though they still have a tough route....it's easier knowing an Austin trip will count on only one win against one of those 3.

I think Region III will have the state winner in both 3A and 4A as we have some great teams.  It should be a fun ride for some setx teams.

Good Luck to all of these teams and I hope Barbers Hill wins it all, or at least a team from the area.

Ok, heres my take on the area playoff teams chances, and i'll try to go through all the teams so i can give everyone something to read.  All these are just projections, and some of the opponents i project each team to play are based on probability and the assumption there are no major upsets.

In 5A,  PA Memorial can go a couple rounds if they can knock off Fort Bend Dulles in the 2nd, but then they face Humble who has beaten them handily so that will be tough to get past that round.

In 4A,  Lumberton appears to have a pretty good draw, unlike the other 3 teams in the area.  Ozen will have a really tough time getting past formerly ranked Crosby, if they do, then they have to face #16 Lamar Consolidated which i think is a tall task.  If Central wins their first game, they have draw 7th ranked Dickinson which is very hard to ask for them to pull that off.  Barbers Hill has the same problem, if they win their first game, they also draw Dickinson, if they somehow can win that game, they will probably draw #11 Houston Jones, i've seen them and they will be really tough to beat.  Which leaves Lumberton,  who will draw Crosby or Lamar Consolidated in their 2nd round.  I dont know much about Huntsville or Houston Washington, but they arent ranked in state, so if Lumberton can get past the 2nd round, i would give them a reasonable chance of making the regional finals.  If they do make it that far, look for them to have a really tough opponent in the reg finals like Barbers Hill, Dickinson (who beat them by double digits earlier this year), or Houston Jones (beat Orangefield by double digits).

In 3A, you have 2 really good teams with reasonably good shots at the regional finals.  Even though Orangefield came in 2nd, i think they got the better draw over Silsbee and WOS.  OF has coldspring in the first round, then faces West Columbia in the 2nd round and in the 3rd round they'd face either Cleveland or Smithville.  In my opinion, if they play well, they should have no problem winning they're 2nd and 3rd round games.  In the regional semis they'd face Liberty Hill or Diboll, most likely it will be #6 Diboll.  I think if they play really well in that game i think they have a good chance to win.  In the regional finals, they'd face one of these teams probably: Silsbee, WOS, Navasota, Crockett, or China Spring, and i think they are good enough to beat any of them if they play a great game.  WOS has Liberty in the first round which they should win, then they would face #5 Navasota which will be a tough game for them to win but anythings possible.  If they win that they'd face Silsbee in their 3rd round which would be 2 really tough back to back games.  Silsbee IMO has a tough draw.  They play the Giddings/Wharton winner which they should win.  But then they draw the #5 Navasota/WOS winner which im sorry is likely Navasota, but i think Silsbee is better and can win that game.  But then, in the regional semis, they will have to face either Crockett or last years state champs #3 China Spring.  I give them a reasonable chance to win that game also, but having to probably go through the #5 then #3 ranked teams to get just to the regional finals will be tough.  In the regional finals, they could play Cleveland, Liberty Hill, Diboll, or Orangefield.  HOW GREAT WOULD A SILSBEE/ORANGEFIELD REGIONAL FINAL BE?  i'm really pulling for that to happen, how great would our district look to come out of the toughest region like that.

In 2A, I know very little about all 3 of these teams, but it would appear that Hardin has by far the best chance of going deep in the playoffs.  The only state ranked team on their half of the draw is #9 Winona.  If they can get past them in the regional semis, the best team on the other side that they'd face is #6 Hughes Springs in the regional finals which i've heard is a very good team.

In 1A, #1 Martins Mill and #6 Lovelady are on opposite sides of the bracket and are odds on favorites to play in the regional finals.  If Hull Daisetta wins their first round they'd face Lovelady in the 2nd round.  Big Sandy will have a pretty tough game in their first round against either Slocum or Chilton, who i've seen both and both will give them a tough game but BS will probably win. Unfortunately they'd face Lovelady in their 2nd round, who is very very good.  Evadale has a tough draw too,  their 2nd round game against Axtell will be really tough, and then in the 3rd round they'd get Groveton/Martinsville which i know will be tougher, and then unfortunately if they made it to the regional semis they'd face Martins Mill.

Realistically, Orangefield, Silsbee, and Lumberton i think have by far the most reasonable shots of any teams in this area of making at least to the regional finals and winning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder