Henderson 32 Newton 8/Final

jdawg03

The Newton Eagles return to play tonight as they travel to deep East Texas to take on the Henderson Lions.  W.T. Johnston's Eagle enter this contest with a 1-1 record after a 18-13 loss to Bridge City two weeks ago.  Meanwhile, the Lions come in with a 3-0 record after a 39-0 win over Rusk last Friday night.

Join Bobby Fillyaw and John Meek for all of the action from Lion Stadium in Henderson by tuning your radio to KXTJ 102.7 FM or by clicking play on the player below.

Follow Newton Eagles football on Your Source for Sports in Southeast Texas, SETXsports!

This is the hidden content, please

Game was closer than the score shows, can't win with a bunch of turn overs, we will be alright

Good Lord. Can y'all EVER give the other team credit for BEATING you?? If it's not the refs, it's mistakes YOU made and nothing to do with being outplayed. Could it possibly be that the other team is *gasp* better?? (btw the correct answer here is "Yes....we lost because the other team is better.")

Good Lord. Can y'all EVER give the other team credit for BEATING you?? If it's not the refs, it's mistakes YOU made and nothing to do with being outplayed. Could it possibly be that the other team is *gasp* better?? (btw the correct answer here is "Yes....we lost because the other team is better.")

go take a look on smokay  and see what actual Henderson fans are saying, quit being a little girl troll 

Henderson did win . With 6 or more turnovers any team will be on the losing end. But!!! Even with 3 fumbles and a lost onside Newton ruled the first half.. more running yards more passing yrds. Yes Henderson won. They are a very good team with size and speed. Newton will take this loss and learn. That's what preseason is for. In the end they will give WildcatBaker a team to watch deep in the playoffs while his is bouncing basketballs.

go take a look on smokay  and see what actual Henderson fans are saying, quit being a little girl troll 

Little girl troll? Lol.. Ok back to grown up world......I have no doubt the Henderson fans are giving Newton credit for a better played game than the score shows. What I'm pointing out, Mr. Slow Learner, is that YOU (and a few other Newton posters on here) fail to give the other team any credit....at ALL. It's pathetic, and it makes it hard for others to want to root for your team.

Cactus you're getting worse. Really. I've told you before, I AM a Newton fan. Have been all my life. I was born in Newton. If the Eagles make a deep run I'll be rooting them the whole way. It's not the football team I have issue with....its the few posters on here that think if Newton wins, they're the better team. But if they lose, there HAS to be some ungodly reason why....anything OTHER than the possibility they simply were beaten. Its disgusting having to wade through your whiny posts trying to read the thread of respectful posters.

There was 20 years of weaknesses brought up at the QB Club meeting yesterday morning and the answer was those weaknesses are why we have been in the state title games and hold the last state title won in the Golden Triangle. Henderson took advantage of turnovers as any good football team should. Orangefield is up Friday at home. Newton won't panic or hang their head. We'll see who is the last standing out of the SETX area.