Cal at Texas

UTfanatic

You joke, but this is one of the ways aggy increased capacity at Kyle Field several years ago, trying to keep up with the Joneses.  

That's not true.  A&M did not rebuild the student side.  If they did, they would have to go by the current building code which requires wider seats for the fatties.  Since they didn't touch that section, the stands on the student side were left the same.  It's not like they sit down in those seats anyways. 

That's not true.  A&M did not rebuild the student side.  If they did, they would have to go by the current building code which requires wider seats for the fatties.  Since they didn't touch that section, the stands on the student side were left the same.  It's not like they sit down in those seats anyways. 

This is true. It happened. 

more revisionist history. 

Smh

Edited by bulldogbacker

.....and this applies to Cal. vs. Texas how?

i know nothing about Cal this year. I will let the gurus figure who is supposed to win. I pull for my Longhorns regardless. Anyone who does not like the Horns, there are several other threads to beat your chest on. 3 Horns fans and 3 Ags on this Texas thread. Go figure.

i know nothing about Cal this year. I will let the gurus figure who is supposed to win. I pull for my Longhorns regardless. Anyone who does not like the Horns, there are several other threads to beat your chest on. 3 Horns fans and 3 Ags on this Texas thread. Go figure.

Horn football fans not posting much since the ND game - maybe if they beat Cal they will return - there I mentioned Cal.....

About the game - Cal has not played anyone really but has averaged 54 points a game while holding the other teams to 10.5 per game so far this year.

Defense - Cal is ranked 43rd giving up 311 yards a game and Texas ranked 114th giving up 495 yard a game

Offense - Cal is ranked 13th averaging 570+ yards a game while Texas is ranked 126th averaging 220 yards a game

So on paper does not look good for the Horns - and how many times in recent history has Texas not been favored at home? - I do not know but my guess is quite a while.

I think Cal wins unless Texas offense really cranks it up a notch this week.  I think the home field also helps the Horns - in a close game - My Prediction:

California - 31

Texas - 30

Hmmm, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't a horn fan bring up A&M first in this thread?

i know nothing about Cal this year. I will let the gurus figure who is supposed to win. I pull for my Longhorns regardless. Anyone who does not like the Horns, there are several other threads to beat your chest on. 3 4 Horns fans and 3 4 Ags on this Texas thread. Go figure.

I corrected you since AAW showed up

Horn football fans not posting much since the ND game - maybe if they beat Cal they will return - there I mentioned Cal.....

About the game - Cal has not played anyone really but has averaged 54 points a game while holding the other teams to 10.5 per game so far this year.

Defense - Cal is ranked 43rd giving up 311 yards a game and Texas ranked 114th giving up 495 yard a game

Offense - Cal is ranked 13th averaging 570+ yards a game while Texas is ranked 126th averaging 220 yards a game

So on paper does not look good for the Horns - and how many times in recent history has Texas not been favored at home? - I do not know but my guess is quite a while.

I think Cal wins unless Texas offense really cranks it up a notch this week.  I think the home field also helps the Horns - in a close game - My Prediction:

California - 31

Texas - 30

I don't hide when my teams are struggling. It is the nature of sports. I never sway, even though I do watch the Ags. I like their team. It's the fans that scare me.

Those stats are hopefully just that, and against lesser opponents. Texas' biggest problem is QB, offensive line, defensive line, and special teams. Other than that, we are doing well.

How many times Texas has not been favored at home recently?  Well, 4 times last year.  BYU, Baylor, W. Virginia, and TCU.  Horns did manage to beat WV of those four.  No home field advantage in Austin as Horns are 18-14 since 2010.  Take out the pansies: Rice twice, Wyoming twice, New Mexico, New Mexico St, N. Texas, and Florida Atlantic, they are just 10-14.  Nearly every Big 12 Team has won there (OK State 3 times) except Tech and Kansas.  OU would love the opportunity.  Take Cal If they are the lucky team playing tu this week.  

It is true.  Not this renovation but a prior one.  Spend more time on aggy sites and less time on Longhorn ones and I am sure you can verify this...

How many times Texas has not been favored at home recently?  Well, 4 times last year.  BYU, Baylor, W. Virginia, and TCU.  Horns did manage to beat WV of those four.  No home field advantage in Austin as Horns are 18-14 since 2010.  Take out the pansies: Rice twice, Wyoming twice, New Mexico, New Mexico St, N. Texas, and Florida Atlantic, they are just 10-14.  Nearly every Big 12 Team has won there (OK State 3 times) except Tech and Kansas.  OU would love the opportunity.  Take Cal If they are the lucky team playing tu this week.  

See you learn things every day - I just did - I knew last year was tough for Texas at home but really thought that previous years Texas would still have been favored most times 10-14 at home since 2010 -is that right - just kinda surprises me.

Yea, my therapist told me if I don't let it go, then the bad guys will just keep winning. I'm trying.

Sorry to hear that this involves professional therapy. Lol.

My question would be.....does Texas have the talent to compete, and if so, is it bad coaching or has the system not taken effect yet? 

I believe any proud Texan should pull for UT. We represent our state. I pull for the Ags. They represent our state. I just give the Ags on this board a ration of crapola.

Sorry to hear that this involves professional therapy. Lol.

My question would be.....does Texas have the talent to compete, and if so, is it bad coaching or has the system not taken effect yet? 

I believe any proud Texan should pull for UT. We represent our state. I pull for the Ags. They represent our state. I just give the Ags on this board a ration of crapola.

He is putting a very young team on the field, especially on defense.  I have a bad feeling Saturday may be ugly.  Sonny Dykes is an offensive guru (ask Mike Leach) and I can assure you their QB is better than Rice's backup who looked like Aaron Rodgers against us in the 4th quarter.  

I'm still not sure whether Charlie will get us where we need to be or not.  I have a lot of respect for the man and am rooting for him.  But with a school with Texas' resources, you don't have a decade to turn it around.  The leash is pretty short when you have guys used to winning and will make money no object to make that happen.