Channelview 49 Vidor 28/Final

WOSgrad

Being down 21-0 in the first 3 mins of the first quarter, you could tell our boys had their spirits down. Coach Mathews gave an excellent pep talk (I've never heard our stands dead silent) but it seemed like their heads just still weren't there. Second half starts and we come alive!!! Defense doing awesome things, offense doing great and slowly closing the gap on them!! 

I can't be anything but proud of our boys and how they came back from being down 42-7 at halftime and come to within 21 points of them says something. I hate the first couple of plays resulted in CV being up by 21. 

Edited by QueenPirate

1. Fumbled first three kick-offs/ spotted 21 points

2. #27 doesnt hit the whole hard/scared (all three games)

3. Cornerbacks are again our weakness/ like every year (all three games)

4. Channelview plays 3 defensive lineman w/4 yd gaps between / coordinator runs around end

5.D-backs are slow to cover the slot receiver / all opponents have to do is snap the ball quick and dump the ball of to the slot (off to the races)

6. Todays politically correctness sucks/ tell it how it is

1. Fumbled first three kick-offs/ spotted 21 points

2. #27 doesnt hit the whole hard/scared (all three games)

3. Cornerbacks are again our weakness/ like every year (all three games)

4. Channelview plays 3 defensive lineman w/4 yd gaps between / coordinator runs around end

5.D-backs are slow to cover the slot receiver / all opponents have to do is snap the ball quick and dump the ball of to the slot (off to the races)

6. Todays politically correctness sucks/ tell it how it is

like to call out kids ? 

1. #27 runs scared? He had 17 carries for 86 yards. Avg. 5.1 a carry  1 TD .plus a 72 yard TD return.

2 corners are weak? The defense gave up 273 passing yards to a Alabama commit  who has 728 passing yards in 3 games averaging 242 a game passing with 11 td's.

3.ran around end all night? How did #7 the fullback end up with 14 carries for 80 yards and a TD?

4.D-backs too slow. We had two sophomores back there starting there first game due to some injuries. Going against a quality QB and a team with 1512 total yards in 3 games.  That's a avg. Of 500 yards a game.

6. Politically correct? Get your facts straight before u start calling anyone out. Especially kids.by the way my name is Corey berg. 

I  bet you won't Sign your name

Tell it Corey, hope Peyton will be back for the Nederland game.

thank you!  He will be ready .Tough preseason schedule has served it's purpose. Fast, physical Florida team .6a Channelview team who has loads of talent. We have a bye week to heal up. We're moving on getting ready for district , where everyone is 0-0. 

Nothing against Vidor but I was told from a very good source from CHS that they pretty much reeled it in 2nd half. 

That's what they don't understand. When you're up 42-7 at half and your son is going to Alabama next year it's not a coincidence you closed the gap from 5 tds to 3 in a meaningless second half to your opponent. 

I was laughing when I saw a Vidor fan post that "their defense struggles with the slot-t" and "Jasper's defense was as good as CV's". A jasper squad that just got beat 53-0, lol. It's whole different story with film. 

Just think, if they had somehow scored again the narrative would be, "We gave them all they wanted". 

Pirates  do have some speed on the team, but not Alabama recruit speed and evidently not enough on defense to keep a good 6A team from scoring 49 points (aided by capitalizing on turnovers and kicking game mistakes).  As far as scheduling, Vidor's pre-district slate was a good one, I know Coach Matthews  has difficulty scheduling teams for the pre-district games, hence playing Florida teams the last two years.  Since this two year home and home cycle is done, it's will be interesting to see who next year's pre-district opponents will be.  Pretty sure one of them won't be HD though.

That's what they don't understand. When you're up 42-7 at half and your son is going to Alabama next year it's not a coincidence you closed the gap from 5 tds to 3 in a meaningless second half to your opponent. 

I was laughing when I saw a Vidor fan post that "their defense struggles with the slot-t" and "Jasper's defense was as good as CV's". A jasper squad that just got beat 53-0, lol. It's whole different story with film. 

Just think, if they had somehow scored again the narrative would be, "We gave them all they wanted". 

I hope the QB goes on to Alabama has a great career. Whether or not CV was "pulling" back in 2nd half or not, 1st team D and O played the entire game. Mid way through the 4th CV was still passing downfield but not connecting. Now CV looked pretty good last night against us last night, not taking anything away from them. I guess we will all see how good they are once they start playing 6A schools. Now does CV defense struggle with slot-t, 268 yds rushing, 17 first downs, 4.79 yds per rush and forced 1 punt. 

Now what you don't understand, being you where not at our game. Was that these young men could have very well just laid down and gave up but they did not. Being down 28-0 before they new it what happened, coach Mathews gathered every one of them up on the sideline and challenged them to be men and show some heart and they did that by not quitting. They played strong and kept there composure and made everyone in the stands proud to be a Pirate last night. So you can bash us from afar while you enjoy your winning season.  That's ok, someone has to win and someone has to loose. But one thing you or anyone else will never be able to say is that the Vidor Pirates are or will ever be scared to line up across from any team and play some football.

thanks for your time!

Must've left all that pregame speed in the triangle or maybe they tasted first hand what real speed is like on this side the Trinty?? May wanna schedule HD next year so u don't get embarrassed in the first quarter and have a team calloff the dogs. 

see its sh*t like this makes it where no one likes yall man. Look we had a bad game. Period! Against a 6A squad that averages almost 50 points a game and 500 yards a game. We had our primary defensive guy out, you know the guy that won co defensive player of the week last week. We also had another key defensive guy go down with a broken ankle early in the game. We were facing a guy who is going to go to FREAKING ALABAMA next year as a qb. And still yall are here to say stuff like this man. Come on. Have you ever heard of saying good game. Maybe next time?  My god man. Do you really have to come on here and rub it in??

Edited by Vpirate02

I hope the QB goes on to Alabama has a great career. Whether or not CV was "pulling" back in 2nd half or not, 1st team D and O played the entire game. Mid way through the 4th CV was still passing downfield but not connecting. Now CV looked pretty good last night against us last night, not taking anything away from them. I guess we will all see how good they are once they start playing 6A schools. Now does CV defense struggle with slot-t, 268 yds rushing, 17 first downs, 4.79 yds per rush and forced 1 punt. 

Now what you don't understand, being you where not at our game. Was that these young men could have very well just laid down and gave up but they did not. Being down 28-0 before they new it what happened, coach Mathews gathered every one of them up on the sideline and challenged them to be men and show some heart and they did that by not quitting. They played strong and kept there composure and made everyone in the stands proud to be a Pirate last night. So you can bash us from afar while you enjoy your winning season.  That's ok, someone has to win and someone has to loose. But one thing you or anyone else will never be able to say is that the Vidor Pirates are or will ever be scared to line up across from any team and play some football.

thanks for your time!

Hurts only threw the ball 14 times, he only ran it/scrambled 8 times for 24 yards. When they're not "pulling back" he does a lot more work than that. When you say "struggle with the slot-t" it gives the impression that it pressures their defense? The numbers you gave are right but what you fail to mention is that Vidor was also only able to muster 280 yards of total offense, any head coach would call that a good defensive performance. 

Everybody on this board knows Vidor's biggest asset is heart. Just settle down the playoff talk, you beat a 4A team by 21 that just lost to smaller 4A team by 53. We'll see how y'all look next week against Ned.