Jasper 35 Hardin-Jefferson 7/Final

WOSgrad

any word on Jasper QB? Also, by reading the whole game thread, it seems like HJ doesnt fit their new offense well at all. IMO, most of these kids have had the slot T to almost perfection but the coach abandons his strength. Wonder if its too late to go back. HJ has athletes, we know this. Kinda hard to get kids that have been running the same offense for 3 years or more to learn a whole new one in a few weeks.

Congrats to Jasper, you guys have a bunch of talent and look to have a great year.  Your RB is a beast.  I hope your QB's injury isn't severe and he recovers quickly.

I expect few hiccups in the first few weeks, it seems weird though that we threw the ball a bit more but with less efficiency then we did as a Slot-T. I don't remember a completed pass.  Maybe one. Our QB doesn't have to be the best passer on the team. 

Tilley is also starting outside linebacker, and the punter and he can be subbed in wherever they may need.  He is big and strong but does not need to be the QB.  Let him be a tailback or fullback and run hard up the gut.

We did move the ball well the first couple drives but Jasper should have had more than 14 at halftime.

Our defense wasn't containing when moving to the outside and when they ran inside the back makes two or three cuts without getting touched and comes up with big gains.

I hope after studying the film that the coaches can see what needs to be addressed.l

If we struggle next week against Kelly like we did last night, then concerns will be raised.

Edited by drewlsu

I dont think anyone anticipates the same type of struggle with Kelly.  Jasper was very good and is definitely 3-4 round deep playoff team.  HJ is going to have depth issues and has young players that need to rise to the occasion once district games are played.   It was a 14-7 game at the half which noone expect it to be that close.   HJ will be better in the future for playing a team like Jasper.