Lovelady 63 Colmesneil 8/Final

Who do you got? Lovelady or Colmesneil  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you got? Lovelady or Colmesneil

• Lovelady
    • Colmesneil

Who does everyone got in this one?

This is year 2 for Trotter to lead the Bulldogs of Colmesneil. Last year was a very rough year for the Bulldogs after 2 years of success under former Head Coach Fancy Johnson. Trotter now has his own staff (as all of his current assistants are his hires) as the last of the Johnson hired staff have left for other positions. The Bulldogs return several key playmakers on both sides of the ball, but it does appear that it could be another long season for the Bulldogs.

I do not see the Bulldogs being able to match up with the Lions of Lovelady. But, if everything were decided by who is better on paper, we would not play the games on Friday nights.

So, who do you got in this one?

TomEvans, unfortunately for Colmesneil they are still too big to go 6-man. If they ever do they can renew that rivalry with Chester!!

The only games I see Colmesneil having a chance to win this year are the same ones they won last year. They beat Burkeville and Sabine Pass. I have heard though that Burkeville may be good enough to slip into that 4th playoff spot over Colmesneil.

Oldschool2, you are right it really doesn't matter who the coach is at Colmesneil. They are in a down cycle right now. But, they had a really good coach and staff in place and I know some things happened with Coach Johnson that forced him to leave, but the school board and administration should have  kept someone from his staff as the AD. Instead they bring in the current guy who is not a football coach. He is a "feelings" guy, he doesn't promote toughness. He takes a year to run off all of Coach Johnson's staff so he can hire his own. He has no excuses or scapegoats now for a poor performance, unless he throws his own guys under the bus to save his own rear. Which I have heard he is good at pointing the finger when things don't go well.

Colmesneil has had great athletes come through.. all of you are just straight haters. Colmesneil has been too the playoffs 3 times in the past 6 years. They have great ball players this year. Im from lovelady and our boys look pretty dead even with colmesneil. Colmesneils line weighs over 1000 pounds and they have 5 backs this year that run 4'5s. They will be a tough match. You guys just are not looking at the future you sit and looked what happen in the past. So get off if all you have to do is Hate!. 

Coach Fancy Johnson would have gone 2-8 at Colmesneil last year. No offense...

And amost head coaches will blame someone else if it means their job.  Fire my OC/DC...or lose my job...  No brainer. 

if these boys had the right coaching they would go to the semi finals. They have athletes in Colmesneil! Alot!

Lovelady by a ton.

And yes Colmesneil is in for another very long season.  I don't care who the coach is.

dude , take your hatred somewhere else. You must be so depressed! Colmesneil's line weighs over 1000 pounds and they have 5 backs that run 4'5s. We will see old man

Edited by prepballfan
Inappropriate language

Colmesneil has had great athletes come through.. all of you are just straight haters. Colmesneil has been too the playoffs 3 times in the past 6 years. They have great ball players this year. Im from lovelady and our boys look pretty dead even with colmesneil. Colmesneils line weighs over 1000 pounds and they have 5 backs this year that run 4'5s. They will be a tough match. You guys just are not looking at the future you sit and looked what happen in the past. So get off if all you have to do is Hate!. 

man...I hope you're joking. Because if you're not then there may be no end to my ridicule. Especially if there are 5 backs that...I'm sorry I was laughing and I almost messed up...you typed 4.5? In the 40?

It is so funny to me when people claim to have all this speed.

I wasnt going to post anything because I only post when I need games or something needs to be corrected

Coach Trotter did not run me off he was a great man to work for and gave me all the resources I needed to try and win I left because I was given a chance to run my own baseball program with an offseason and I given a good pay raise in the education system.  Coach Trotter did not run me off I left on my own 

Edited by coachhooker01

I consider myself a Colmesneil supporter, being from 10 miles down the road.  So please do not misconstrue this for "hate".

Colmesneil has had some decent teams in the past few years, however I don't think winning one playoff game counts as a "playoff run". They have had some great athletes in the past. Many that were very fast. BUT.....I can promise you they do not have five backs who in the 4.5's. When you state that someone ran a 4.5, you're verging into the Grayland Arnold and Devwhah(sp?) Whaley's of the world. True 4.5 speed is hard to come by. And I know, speed doesn't automatically make you good on the football field. But if a team has that many guys running that fast, there is one of two problems: either you have awful coaches or you have fans who over-exaggerate based on their loyalty to their home school. And I know Coach Trotter is a heck of a coach. So...take it for what it's worth or tell me I'm "hating" if you want.

Also, if you decide to come on here as a guest and use the name of your opponent, try not to make it so obvious that you're a Colmesneil supporter.

man...I hope you're joking. Because if you're not then there may be no end to my ridicule. Especially if there are 5 backs that...I'm sorry I was laughing and I almost messed up...you typed 4.5? In the 40?

It is so funny to me when people claim to have all this speed.

you will see. Yes 40 times. They got a bunch of kids from houston about 15 and a runningback from liberty hill, liberty hill has had 3 state championships. And their main runningback moved to colmesneil.

lol damn dude just except the fact you have no life hahaha 

I love when children come on a public forum behind a screen name and feel like they have to belittle someone because they know their argument is completely stupid and their team isn't very good. Always keeps things interesting. 

Oh, and learn to at least use proper grammar if you're gonna embarrass yourself and your entire community.

Edited by eagleswoodville#1