Week Zero excuses

Banned

But the defenses: first Memorial. Why in the h*ll are we playing basically a prevent type D (I know it was zone but still) on Ozen last drive? Smh. And our DBs have to get better in coverage. Unimpressed with our D tonight. There was a point in the 4th qtr where we had DBs who didn't know what the coverage was. Cmon man, we are better than that. 

??? What exactly are you thinking you are doing here? 

Just building a compilation of various excuses as to why a team lost rather it be to a better opponent, a team from almost Cuba, or a team from a lower level. I'm going to run it by lil cube at the studio and make a mix tape but don't know what to call it maybe you can help. Seeing how you're so good with coming up with all these disrespectful "code" names maybe we can "#code" something. Remember since you seem to have a fondness for "code" names. Karma don't play when u disrespecting the "code". #CODERED and don't forget it. 

Went to this game and leArned a few things. 

1 Neumann outcoached Crosby. 

2 Crosby is bigger, stronger, and faster yet Nederland was still in this game until very late

3 the final and most surprising of all I sit in the stands amongst a contingent of PNG fans and the Crosby folks we set near were very nice and informative and didn't remind me of the ones on here in any way. They asked us questions about PNG football and baseball and shared info on Crosby. Some even said they might drive over to clear lake tonight and catch the game. They were even realistic about their vision on this years Crosby team. What a refreshing surprise.

These are anonymous threads and real names never used to protect the innocent. If your looking to be outed try a website called Ashley Madison, tell em Coog sent ya. 

This says a lot about you. It was a yes or no question, no name was needed.  I was just trying to see if you were a parent or really that kind of fan that has no family playing and has been waiting there entire life for there team to be loaded, just so they can live their life on a message board talking crap and beating their chest to give meaning to it.

Since you obviously can't answer a simple question on this site without throwing back some absurd answer trying to belittle the person asking the question. I would have to assume that my analysis is spot on! 

You are one of the biggest reasons why people have a hard time on this site trying to give respect for Crosby football. Yes, Crosby has a talented team so let the kid's actions on the field define who they are, not some random person on this message board who still hasn't learned what being HUMBLE means!             Humble= not proud or ARROGANT; Modest

This says a lot about you. It was a yes or no question, no name was needed.  I was just trying to see if you were a parent or really that kind of fan that has no family playing and has been waiting there entire life for there team to be loaded, just so they can live their life on a message board talking crap and beating their chest to give meaning to it.

Since you obviously can't answer a simple question on this site without throwing back some absurd answer trying to belittle the person asking the question. I would have to assume that my analysis is spot on! 

You are one of the biggest reasons why people have a hard time on this site trying to give respect for Crosby football. Yes, Crosby has a talented team so let the kid's actions on the field define who they are, not some random person on this message board who still hasn't learned what being HUMBLE means!             Humble= not proud or ARROGANT; Modest

You obviously need a SETX.com history lesson before u start ass uming. I know that analysis is spot on. Crosby  fans do not need for the good folks of this site to endorse their respect for our football program. That ship sailed years ago when these same people showed Crosby nothing but disrespect. Ur question is irrelevant but if u want to make it personal so be it. Remember, I wasn't the one making fun of our code, our D1 players, etc. it was you people. Another history lesson, this team just all of sudden became loaded, research a little better before u post cause it makes you look Uneducated. That being said, good luck 22-5A cause I know dang well you'll be battling tooth and nail to stay out that 4th seed!! 

2 Crosby is bigger, stronger, and faster yet Nederland was still in this game until very late

3 the final and most surprising of all I sit in the stands amongst a contingent of PNG fans and the Crosby folks we set near were very nice and informative and didn't remind me of the ones on here in any way. They asked us questions about PNG football and baseball and shared info on Crosby. Some even said they might drive over to clear lake tonight and catch the game. They were even realistic about their vision on this years Crosby team. What a refreshing surprise.

Must be new to Crosby and have not been subjected to ur garbage on here

you would find that the cougar fans that post on here are just the same as what you experienced.   Don't take this all too seriously

Crosby impressed me with their poise and class as well.  Very little chirping, played clean hard nosed football.  They had a couple of slobber knocking hits and other than the expected celebrating, no taunting, etc.  THat is the sign of a well run program and means that the little things are being coached over there.  You combine the little things with the talent they have and this team is going to be tough to beat.

Just building a compilation of various excuses as to why a team lost rather it be to a better opponent, a team from almost Cuba, or a team from a lower level. I'm going to run it by lil cube at the studio and make a mix tape but don't know what to call it maybe you can help. Seeing how you're so good with coming up with all these disrespectful "code" names maybe we can "#code" something. Remember since you seem to have a fondness for "code" names. Karma don't play when u disrespecting the "code". #CODERED and don't forget it. 

ha!  Have fun making things up in that weird head of yours lol, nothing I stated was an excuse. Nice try though. E for effort. #CodeEffort

Crosby impressed me with their poise and class as well.  Very little chirping, played clean hard nosed football.  They had a couple of slobber knocking hits and other than the expected celebrating, no taunting, etc.  THat is the sign of a well run program and means that the little things are being coached over there.  You combine the little things with the talent they have and this team is going to be tough to beat.

well looky there. Exactly what we have been saying. 

You obviously need a SETX.com history lesson before u start ass uming. I know that analysis is spot on. Crosby  fans do not need for the good folks of this site to endorse their respect for our football program. That ship sailed years ago when these same people showed Crosby nothing but disrespect. Ur question is irrelevant but if u want to make it personal so be it. Remember, I wasn't the one making fun of our code, our D1 players, etc. it was you people. Another history lesson, this team just all of sudden became loaded, research a little better before u post cause it makes you look Uneducated. That being said, good luck 22-5A cause I know dang well you'll be battling tooth and nail to stay out that 4th seed!! 

You are the one that lives his life through a message board trying to prove points in an opinionated thread site and you call me the uneducated one!?!          What does this "You People" mean?      There is obviously some built up anger over the years and you just need a place to let it out, so by all means let this site be your therapy!   

Good Luck to Crosby this season! Very respectful, talented team! 

We couldn't stop the run and couldn't stop the pass. Crosby has some tough RBs and their WRs are tall and, run good routes, and can go up high and catch the ball. QB has a very good arm. All these things add up to a loss. Nederland will be fine. Don't play a top 5 team every week.

How's that plusone?.....like it makes a difference

We couldn't stop the run and couldn't stop the pass. Crosby has some tough RBs and their WRs are tall and, run good routes, and can go up high and catch the ball. QB has a very good arm. All these things add up to a loss. Nederland will be fine. Don't play a top 5 team every week.

How's that plusone?.....like it makes a difference

Wounds aren't healed over night but it's a start. Very good breakdown analysis but how was the special teams? That sophomore is a rare, special type player huh. In all honesty, Nederland is a tough out anywhere u play em and hard to be out coached (I did have a vested interest in the Shenandoah playoff game against Crosby in '10 where that was the case). Good luck to y'all. 22-5A gonna be nasty with Ozen making a statement, Central hanging and probably should've beaten 6A Flanigan, PNG, and Ned. It should be crowded all thru district. Luckily you'll have Vidor for all to kick around :)  

I wouldn't say by any stretch that Neauman out coached Crosby.... IMO Monte was out coached.  Still scratching my head on several things... But that being said Nederland came in with a good plan and made it a game till the 4th.... I think Crosby has some good talent, but needs to improve over the next 9 weeks if they aspire to make a run... That being said I'm sure they will, week 1 jitters... Nederland once again is going to be fine... Looks like Central is legit as well as Ozen... I think Vidor might be the same ole Vidor... So I stand to be corrected, it might be Central, NED, PNG, Ozen, fighting it out....  Nederland always gets better as the season progresses, and I'm sure Crosby will as well.......

I wouldn't say by any stretch that Neauman out coached Crosby.... IMO Monte was out coached.  Still scratching my head on several things... But that being said Nederland came in with a good plan and made it a game till the 4th.... I think Crosby has some good talent, but needs to improve over the next 9 weeks if they aspire to make a run... That being said I'm sure they will, week 1 jitters... Nederland once again is going to be fine... Looks like Central is legit as well as Ozen... I think Vidor might be the same ole Vidor... So I stand to be corrected, it might be Central, NED, PNG, Ozen, fighting it out....  Nederland always gets better as the season progresses, and I'm sure Crosby will as well.......

Talk about a copycat or copyinjun. I just said Ned,PNG,O, and central. 

Never chase points with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.... If your going to run on 3rd and goal with intentions of kicking the field goal if you don't make it... Don't run it towards the right hash and make it a horrible angle....

If your going to line up in the wildcat for element of surprise against the #5 team in the state.... Don't line right back in the formation after a false start.... Element of surprise is over..

All these are simply my opinions and I don't make 100k a year to make those decisions... Yes I'm a armchair coach and only know football 101... But those items I discussed are on page 2......

Never chase points with 9 minutes left in the 3rd.... If your going to run on 3rd and goal with intentions of kicking the field goal if you don't make it... Don't run it towards the right hash and make it a horrible angle....

If your going to line up in the wildcat for element of surprise against the #5 team in the state.... Don't line right back in the formation after a false start.... Element of surprise is over..

All these are simply my opinions and I don't make 100k a year to make those decisions... Yes I'm a armchair coach and only know football 101... But those items I discussed are on page 2......

Gotcha.  The decision to go for two I would have to think comes from Neumann.  I agree that we should've gone for it on a couple of 4th down occasions to win, I thought when we ran the ball it meant we were definitely in 4 down territory (might've been a change of mind after getting stuffed).  I can see the first FG to get on the board, but thought to win we needed to for it the other two times.. but like you say Ima armchair QB too.  I think the issue with the Wildcat was out of necessity not plan, LeBaron had an equipment issue on the sideline for those two plays.  May have been better to burn a timeout... first game for everybody, even quality coaching staffs.

I didn't see issues with the playcalling, it is week 1, not going to do or show some things early.  What stood out?

okay, trying again.  Goal line Heavy package, they threw some time of trick double pass, and they lined Krautz up all over the field.  I think they showed a lot.  One they dIsn't show was an on side kick.