Week Zero excuses

Banned

Although Crosby outplayed us well enough to win the game, even with these excuses I am about to bare, any team has to give themselves a chance to win. To lots of people, the name of the game is turnovers and field position. The first play from scrimmage, Crosby throws the bomb which is broken up beautifully by our defender. He was flagged for PI. This changes the field position immediately. Plus it establishes a tone, if you will, for the first play. Refs got us on that one. A huge play where Nederland beat themselves was the punt that died on the one foot line. Lots of things can happen to a team from their own one. To even think of touching that ball and forcing a touchback is crazy.

i know Crosby wins this game anyway, but those are two plays I would like to have back.

plusone, can I have some cheese with that whine?

Although Crosby outplayed us well enough to win the game, even with these excuses I am about to bare, any team has to give themselves a chance to win. To lots of people, the name of the game is turnovers and field position. The first play from scrimmage, Crosby throws the bomb which is broken up beautifully by our defender. He was flagged for PI. This changes the field position immediately. Plus it establishes a tone, if you will, for the first play. Refs got us on that one. A huge play where Nederland beat themselves was the punt that died on the one foot line. Lots of things can happen to a team from their own one. To even think of touching that ball and forcing a touchback is crazy.

i know Crosby wins this game anyway, but those are two plays I would like to have back.

plusone, can I have some cheese with that whine?

Man that's Winnimere cheese and a bottle of Henri Jayer Cote de Nuits!! How bout could've been more on the V scoreboard if the H wouldn't have ripped off so many helmets. 

Welp, hopefully this will actually post.  Refereeing is part of it.  Like the receiver getting tackled on the pick well before the ball got there, or the block in the back before #24 crossed the goal line.  Or the horrible pass interference that was called on Crosby's #1 late in the game that kept a drive alive.  Some changed field position and some changed the score, but they found a way to fight through it and win!

Edited by CougarCal

Man that's Winnimere cheese and a bottle of Henri Jayer Cote de Nuits!! How bout could've been more on the V scoreboard if the H wouldn't have ripped off so many helmets. 

I prefer cheddar and a Cabernet Savignon. 

I know bad calls go both ways. Just throwing stuff out there just to make some conversation.

Good luck to Crosby.