HJ @ Lumberton

Which RB is out?  Also, is it true that HJ has gone completely away from last year's offense?  I heard that was the plan this season, but am not sure if it's become reality.

I heard that he transferred to HJ this year and is a junior. Saw on Facebook that he finally felt like he was apart of a team unlike wherever he came from. Feel so bad for him!

HJ used he same slot-t offense as last year. They moved the ball decent but the 2 interceptions killed them. They lost a LOT from last years team. My bad on the TD for HJ. RG is correct, they didn't score. Lumberton played it pretty vanilla again on offense. Continued prayers for the hurt player.

HJ used he same slot-t offense as last year. They moved the ball decent but the 2 interceptions killed them. They lost a LOT from last years team. My bad on the TD for HJ. RG is correct, they didn't score. Lumberton played it pretty vanilla again on offense. Continued prayers for the hurt player.

HJ never ran the slot last night. They have changed offenses to spread option.

Two 15 play controlled scrimmage ended with Lumberton scoring 1 TD, HJ 0.

Two 12 minute live quarters ended with Lumberton scoring 20 points (3 TD's, 2 extra points) and HJ getting shut out.

My thoughts. Lumberton looked much better on defense from the week before. HJ had one good drive but Lumberton had a goal line stand to keep them out of end zone. Lumberton had three INT's and recovered two HJ fumbles. Raider offense mixed it up well with run and pass. Had two very good scoring drives.

HJ looks a bit down this year. Changing the offense looks like will take some time to get going. Losing the running back to broken leg last night does not help. Offensive line not as good as last years unit. Be some growing pains on the offensive side this year. Passing game not there yet. Defense looked good at times, but the Hawks don't have that bell cow player like Padget was last year. Defense will have to step up to help carry this team early on in the season.

Two 12 minute live quarters ended with Lumberton scoring 20 points (3 TD's, 2 extra points) and HJ getting shut out.

My thoughts. Lumberton looked much better on defense from the week before. HJ had one good drive but Lumberton had a goal line stand to keep them out of end zone. Lumberton had three INT's and recovered two HJ fumbles. Raider offense mixed it up well with run and pass. Had two very good scoring drives.

HJ looks a bit down this year. Changing the offense looks like will take some time to get going. Losing the running back to broken leg last night does not help. Offensive line not as good as last years unit. Be some growing pains on the offensive side this year. Passing game not there yet. Defense looked good at times, but the Hawks don't have that bell cow player like Padget was last year. Defense will have to step up to help carry this team early on in the season.

There was a reason HJ had evolved to offense that didn't revolve around passing or sustaining blocks on the line... hope they can get it together. 

Edited by bullets13

There was definitely some slot t, wing t in their offense yesterday. It wasn't straight spread option the whole scrimmage. There was a mixture. Maybe 5 pitches the whole night.

I really wouldn't call that a fight last night, but I may have been in Jasper from what Mr Silsbee is saying. I know the tussle in the previous scrimmage was started by someone that got tired of getting pancaked and ripped someone's helmet off in retaliation. I'm sure I will be now informed that the Silsbee player's hand was attacked with the Lumberton player's facemask tho. Pic courtesy of the Lumberton Ledger.

moose 1.jpg