Crosby vs Nederland Predictions Thread

If both teams come out and play to the best of their abilities, which is rare in an opener, Crosby should win by a few scores. I actually Ned will have a solid season simply because they have the best coach in the district and nobody likes to play defense so anything can happen any night. I just think a team with the experience level and playmakers Crosby has will be too much for a young Ned team that will still be trying to figure things out. 

If both teams come out and play to the best of their abilities, which is rare in an opener, Crosby should win by a few scores. I actually Ned will have a solid season simply because they have the best coach in the district and nobody likes to play defense so anything can happen any night. I just think a team with the experience level and playmakers Crosby has will be too much for a young Ned team that will still be trying to figure things out. 

​Best in district? Maybe you mean in SETX

​Best in district? Maybe you mean in SETX

Everybody has their opinion. I saw Flannigan out coach Neumann in consecutive years in the playoffs and win 2 close games. If you take his record against Crosby, Dayton and BH, which are really considered the three SETX schools he's 1-4 against Crosby, 0-2 against BH and 3-3 against Dayton. He also starts off the season with two games against Crosby and Dayton in which Ned probably won't be favored making that record worse. 

Neumann can and should go down as a legend for what he's done at Nederland, but at this point in his career I'll take our coach as well as several others from the Houston area. His defensive style mixed with the conservative offense was more effective before the spread. I think I prefer the guy we have. 

Everybody has their opinion. I saw Flannigan out coach Neumann in consecutive years in the playoffs and win 2 close games. If you take his record against Crosby, Dayton and BH, which are really considered the three SETX schools he's 1-4 against Crosby, 0-2 against BH and 3-3 against Dayton. He also starts off the season with two games against Crosby and Dayton in which Ned probably won't be favored making that record worse. 

Neumann can and should go down as a legend for what he's done at Nederland, but at this point in his career I'll take our coach as well as several others from the Houston area. His defensive style mixed with the conservative offense was more effective before the spread. I think I prefer the guy we have. 

​Fortunately I have been around for his whole body of work not the last couple of seasons.

Hopefully, my sister that lives in Nederland (EC grad but rabid Bulldog fan--even goes to games without her husband...LOL) won't see this and I won't catch grief for my prediction....

I think Crosby has too many horses for Nederland right now....Crosby wins...

​Here's to hoping she dont see it then...LOL

​Fortunately I have been around for his whole body of work not the last couple of seasons.

​Yeah, but it's probably unfortunate that you think he's the best coach in SETX. He may well be, but when you compare him to other "best coaches" in other areas his record is pretty average. Especially the ones who have been at one school for over 2 decades. There's nothing on his resume that will jump off the page at you other than the longevity, he's probably had only two or three truly great seasons in 22 years. He's a legend in every sense of the word but if you look at Ned's record over the last half of his tenure, other than a trip to the 4th round in 2012, Flannigan was basically let go for the same production.