Dave Campbell TXHSFB Cover

One of the sports sites was predicting that matchup for a bowl game, I don't remember which site though. 

It was a dot org site that predicted them to play in the Texas Bowl. I can't remember the name of the site but they discussed it on ESPN radio. They also said A&M wouldn't be interested in the game but one of the hosts is a UT grad. 

I wonder if any 5A/6A teams in the coverage area besides Crosby, King and North Shore will be ranked in the top 25 in their respective classes? I think there's a few other teams that could crack DC's preseason top 25 but you know they're going to be DFW heavy in their initial rankings. 

I just do not think A&M wants any part of this rivalry anymore. They are trying to build a Brand.  And its impossible to build it if you lose to Texas regularly. They got a shot in the arm with Manziel. But it appears its back to the same old Aggies. Texas has owned the rivalry and it wont be long until they are winning 10 games a year again. I think the powers to be will not let it happen. Not sure that the SEC would let it happen.

I just do not think A&M wants any part of this rivalry anymore. They are trying to build a Brand.  And its impossible to build it if you lose to Texas regularly. They got a shot in the arm with Manziel. But it appears its back to the same old Aggies. Texas has owned the rivalry and it wont be long until they are winning 10 games a year again. I think the powers to be will not let it happen. Not sure that the SEC would let it happen.

​stop speaking stuff that makes 100% sense. 

Random thoughts about this game......

Texas's split with A&M has only enhanced A&M.  Texas needs this game far more than A&M.  I don't have a dog in this fight as I am a Razorback like Buddy!  A&M has always had an inferiority complex about UT. (Dang, their school song is about UT!!)  Texas's athletic director's arrogance is what aggravated this situation.  None of us saw A&M having some success in the SEC so quickly (...Manziel).  All of this being said, I think a bowl game will be the only shot of getting these two together in the next 10 years.   The State of Texas needs this game.  I will just sit back and call my Hogs!!!

Edited by swampdude