aggiesarewe

Thank you for locking the thread about Coach.  I can't stand when people come on here and bash or accuse coaches of stuff.  These are guys that give MOST of their time and energy to our kids and some people would rather take it all away with a few strokes of the keyboard.  I don't personally know Coach Thompson but have watched the program over the years.  His kids are disciplined and don't play dirty but they come to play!  This is reflective of his style . . . I highly doubt that Coach Thompson would try to personally ruin a kid that gave his heart and soul to him.

I guess it's more fun when kids transfer IN for athlethic reasons that when kids transfer OUT for athletic reasons.......

True - however it does not appear Baldwin is transferring out for athletic reasons. He remained at WOS to this point for athletic reasons. He has offers already and decided he wanted to spend his final year of high school with his father and siblings.

Personally, I'm tired of atheletes (professional, college, or high school) "taking their talents elsewhere."  It's not fair to the coaches who have developed the athletes and whose liveliehoods depend on wins/losses.  It's also not fair to the kids on the team who don't have "family" conveniently living in competive ISDs and are otherwise unable to pull out and pool their talent with other kids whose parents are willing to uproot for the purpose of stacking a team. 

I'm tired of all spring being taken up by fickle teenagers making the news by trying to play one D1 school against the other in a very public display of not appreciating that 99.99% of kids won't get a scholarship of any type.... I think a kid that breaks his signing day commitment should have to sit out a year.... it would quiet a whole bunch of the BS.  The fact that the same attitudes are now affecting high school ball should be stopped now, before it gets worse. 

IMO, of course.

Thank you for locking the thread about Coach.  I can't stand when people come on here and bash or accuse coaches of stuff.  These are guys that give MOST of their time and energy to our kids and some people would rather take it all away with a few strokes of the keyboard.  I don't personally know Coach Thompson but have watched the program over the years.  His kids are disciplined and don't play dirty but they come to play!  This is reflective of his style . . . I highly doubt that Coach Thompson would try to personally ruin a kid that gave his heart and soul to him.

I locked the thread because we here at SETXsports have to have a good working relationship with our area coaches. We simply cannot allow any kind of slander. We have to investigate and get confirmation for ourselves before allowing such a subject to continue.

I have had talks with some folks and will continue to get the real story. I am not saying what was posted was not true. It could very well be the case. It's just best for us here at the site to lock the thread until we receive some validity.

If this turns out to be true, the thread will be unlocked but heavily monitored. Otherwise, the thread will come down.

Personally, I'm tired of atheletes (professional, college, or high school) "taking their talents elsewhere." It's not fair to the coaches who have developed the athletes and whose liveliehoods depend on wins/losses. It's also not fair to the kids on the team who don't have "family" conveniently living in competive ISDs and are otherwise unable to pull out and pool their talent with other kids whose parents are willing to uproot for the purpose of stacking a team.

I'm tired of all spring being taken up by fickle teenagers making the news by trying to play one D1 school against the other in a very public display of not appreciating that 99.99% of kids won't get a scholarship of any type.... I think a kid that breaks his signing day commitment should have to sit out a year.... it would quiet a whole bunch of the BS. The fact that the same attitudes are now affecting high school ball should be stopped now, before it gets worse.

IMO, of course.

What about the Coaches who benefit from such players & bail on them?? Athletes give a lot, if you say you're in it for the kids, why hinder them? Kids & Adults make mistakes, allow the kid & his parents to make the decision on their academic/athletic future. As a loving Coach, just advise the situation. I wouldn't have a problem with this as much if the Rules applied to the Coaches. They get to come & go as they want to a certain extent. I'm not in the know, but I've heard nothing but great things about the Mustang Staff. I'll wait until this All Blows over. Hopefully both sides can move along. Really hate to hear this sort of news surrounding such a great program

Thank you for locking the thread about Coach. I can't stand when people come on here and bash or accuse coaches of stuff. These are guys that give MOST of their time and energy to our kids and some people would rather take it all away with a few strokes of the keyboard. I don't personally know Coach Thompson but have watched the program over the years. His kids are disciplined and don't play dirty but they come to play! This is reflective of his style . . . I highly doubt that Coach Thompson would try to personally ruin a kid that gave his heart and soul to him.

No kids in the program....people always have different feelings when it's their own

Thank you for locking the thread about Coach. I can't stand when people come on here and bash or accuse coaches of stuff. These are guys that give MOST of their time and energy to our kids and some people would rather take it all away with a few strokes of the keyboard. I don't personally know Coach Thompson but have watched the program over the years. His kids are disciplined and don't play dirty but they come to play! This is reflective of his style . . . I highly doubt that Coach Thompson would try to personally ruin a kid that gave his heart and soul to him.

Stop the non sense. I have a feeling aggiesweare knows what I posted was true and my thread will be unlocked soon.

If Aggiesweare is a big Aggie fan then he knows me from the Aggies 247 site and knows that when I post info it's legit.

Coach Thompson has a history of doing this. Back in 2011 he did this exact thing to Robert Redd, he brought the thing all the way up to UIL where they told him he was out of order and they didn't see why he would make a kid miss 6 games of his senior year going through all this bs when he had no CLEAR evidence of Robert Redd leaving WOS for athletic reasons. You can look this info up because its 100% fact.

I personally don't care about coaches reading this board I care about young men being treated right and fairly. Did Cornell Thompson Tell Johnny Shaw he couldn't play at WOS because he moved for athletic reasons? No. Did he tell Chris James he couldn't play? No.

Don't hold yourself so high and mighty that you think you own these kids.

You have to admit that IF the story is true as reported, it's pretty funny. WOS has had some mighty fine athletes move into town to stay with they auntie for a year or two before leaving for a D1 school... but now WOS is all upset that kids are pulling out.

Can u name them cuz I really don't think there are many

Stop the non sense. I have a feeling aggiesweare knows what I posted was true and my thread will be unlocked soon.

If Aggiesweare is a big Aggie fan then he knows me from the Aggies 247 site and knows that when I post info it's legit.

Coach Thompson has a history of doing this. Back in 2011 he did this exact thing to Robert Redd, he brought the thing all the way up to UIL where they told him he was out of order and they didn't see why he would make a kid miss 6 games of his senior year going through all this bs when he had no CLEAR evidence of Robert Redd leaving WOS for athletic reasons. You can look this info up because its 100% fact.

I personally don't care about coaches reading this board I care about young men being treated right and fairly. Did Cornell Thompson Tell Johnny Shaw he couldn't play at WOS because he moved for athletic reasons? No. Did he tell Chris James he couldn't play? No.

Don't hold yourself so high and mighty that you think you own these kids.

I know Chris James,he was raised with these kids in wos pee wee,moved with his dad in 9th,then just wanted to be back with friends and he did have to sit out(can't remember how long)before he was eligible to play for wos

I know Chris James,he was raised with these kids in wos pee wee,moved with his dad in 9th,then just wanted to be back with friends and he did have to sit out(can't remember how long)before he was eligible to play for wos

He had to sit out because he came to WOS mid season.

Personally, I'm tired of atheletes (professional, college, or high school) "taking their talents elsewhere."  It's not fair to the coaches who have developed the athletes and whose liveliehoods depend on wins/losses.  It's also not fair to the kids on the team who don't have "family" conveniently living in competive ISDs and are otherwise unable to pull out and pool their talent with other kids whose parents are willing to uproot for the purpose of stacking a team. 

I'm tired of all spring being taken up by fickle teenagers making the news by trying to play one D1 school against the other in a very public display of not appreciating that 99.99% of kids won't get a scholarship of any type.... I think a kid that breaks his signing day commitment should have to sit out a year.... it would quiet a whole bunch of the BS.  The fact that the same attitudes are now affecting high school ball should be stopped now, before it gets worse. 

IMO, of course.

All the media has to do is not show up, that's not going to happen though. Half the time the kids are the ones being asked by whatever outlet it may be to hold some sort of public gathering to make the announcement. Look at what the NFL draft has turned into, same type of thing could be said there. You have to just look at it as the elite prospects being rewarded for their hard work. Those kids don't and shouldn't worry about the "other 99%".

I think the "fair" you reference is a relative term. It's not fair for a kid to make legal transfer, yet the coaches of those same kids often leave for better opportunities and higher paying jobs. Is it fair to the coach's family to potentially have their quality of life restrained just to please the community? You have to make business decision, rather it's a better school or a better program you do what's best for your future within the rules. DSC was solid at WOS, he blew up at Westfield though with numbers that probably weren't as good as his sophomore stats. The difference is that now he plays in a 6A Spring district where all four playoff teams went at least three deep with three of the four making the regional final. There's a lot more in game exposure he gets there vs playing at WOS, not to mention there probably 30 major d1's a week that come through the field house. He now has more schools to choose from that want to give him a free education, seems fair to me.

When our kids see their teammates get offers and special attention from colleges it makes them work harder, not have an attitude about it.

I don't know anyone in our media that has asked an athlete to hold a signing ceremony. In fact I refused to cover Central's "verbal commitment" ceremony. Turned out a lot changed between that ceremony and signing day, I love seeing an athlete in any sport get a chance to continue their education while playing sports. But national signing day is also my least favorite day of the year now.

I don't know anyone in our media that has asked an athlete to hold a signing ceremony. In fact I refused to cover Central's "verbal commitment" ceremony. Turned out a lot changed between that ceremony and signing day, I love seeing an athlete in any sport get a chance to continue their education while playing sports. But national signing day is also my least favorite day of the year now.

Never should be a ceremony for a verbal commitment. Don't have a problem having one when they actually sign.

Never should be a ceremony for a verbal commitment. Don't have a problem having one when they actually sign.

Agree 100% They have the two terms backward. Commitment should come after Intent. I have a lot of respect for guys like D. Thompson and his family. Committed early to Alabama and stuck with it. He could have changed his mind a hundred times just to get more attention, but he didn't. Speaks volumes about how that young man was raised.

Agree 100% They have the two terms backward. Commitment should come after Intent. I have a lot of respect for guys like D. Thompson and his family. Committed early to Alabama and stuck with it. He could have changed his mind a hundred times just to get more attention, but he didn't. Speaks volumes about how that young man was raised.

That being said, I think a lot of kids would stick with their commit to Bama