Fatal shooting in Beaumont park

AggiesAreWe

What's funny is when I tell people I just tested for PAPD, they can't believe I'd rather work there because it's "so much more dangerous out there in Port Arthur!"

I try to tell them they're wrong, but they still don't believe me.

Lol I was just discussing with Soulja about PA. 

What's funny is when I tell people I just tested for PAPD, they can't believe I'd rather work there because it's "so much more dangerous out there in Port Arthur!"

I try to tell them they're wrong, but they still don't believe me.

TVC talked you into becoming a cop?

lol......Congrats....you will make a good one!

TVC talked you into becoming a cop?

lol......Congrats....you will make a good one!

Not talked into but it isn't that hard to get people looking. When they actually ride in a patrol unit and see what really happens, it changes a lot of opinions. 

I know that you have some experience as a first responder seeing officers up close and know that most of the horror stories are not very accurate. I think a majority of officer either have family in it or a friend or went on a few rides. For many people once they see it up close, they are way more interested. 

Then others like you, go on to be a banker.  :D

Not talked into but it isn't that hard to get people looking. When they actually ride in a patrol unit and see what really happens, it changes a lot of opinions. 

I know that you have some experience as a first responder seeing officers up close and know that most of the horror stories are not very accurate. I think a majority of officer either have family in it or a friend or went on a few rides. For many people once they see it up close, they are way more interested. 

Then others like you, go on to be a banker.  :D

It is a rewarding job as was the ambulance service. I had the good fortune of working with some great officers. When you get to know them, they are normal people with normal lives outside the job....

Now, there are a few that will open their trunk(on their personal vehicle) and pull out automatic weapons at a State park.......but other than those :P

Never met you, Bullets...have had plenty of back and forth with you on here, but I would guess you will make a good policeman also.

The fact that you are a teacher says a lot about your service towards others.

Thank you, sir! I definitely feel like many of the skills I use in my classroom to control crazy hoards of kids will be applicable in law enforcement :)

That is one broad leap; kindergarten teacher to street cop. I think there's a movie along those lines, Kindergarten Cop? :P

I worked with a really nice young man for a period, he left and ended up becoming a cop. His demeanor totally changed, still a great guy but he did change.

That is one broad leap; kindergarten teacher to street cop. I think there's a movie along those lines, Kindergarten Cop? :P

I worked with a really nice young man for a period, he left and ended up becoming a cop. His demeanor totally changed, still a great guy but he did change.

I think it's necessary to change some to properly do that job. my hope is that I can keep some of my empathy I've developed as a teacher when I make the change.

That is one broad leap; kindergarten teacherarrow-10x10.png to street cop. I think there's a movie along those lines, Kindergarten Cop? :P

Almost everyone changes in the jobarrow-10x10.png. Sometimes for the good and sometimes maybe not. 

When you see what is out there on a daily basis and have to do what the jobarrow-10x10.png requires, it gives you a different perspective. It definitely makes a change in a person.