HJ vs. Huffman

Good God Man!!!!, I don't remembering reading one post that knocked HJ. Everyone said they were a very good team. So some think Huffman is a better team and will win, that is their opinion and mine also. So quit with the Mine is Bigger than yours crap. It is a one gamer and anything can happen. I think it will be a very good game.

Also with you saying that your son is 6'-5" that knocks out what I thought of why you post like you do. I really thought you were very short and had short man syndrome. 

I have to agree with Bedelmon on that post! Everyone adds a couple of mph when talking about a kid's velocity. Of course when your standing at the plate it can sometimes seem like a 90mph fast ball!  Good luck to HJ, if they come out like they did at the beginning of the season it could be short run for Huffman!

Well.... Huffman has 2 pitchers that have a 0.00 ERA... A sophomore going to LSU, a senior undefeated going to UTSA, 10 other pitchers throwing 90 plus, 8 kids with 20 homeruns each and their coach wears a visor.... We should just concede the victory and get on to summer vacation... Sounds like sorry ol HJ don't have a chance... Again..... Man, I've NEVER heard that before.....Guess I'll just stay home and watch The Grinch..... Huffman, enjoy your Friday "walk in the park"...

There's the Bedelmon we all know. Lol.

I'm not opposed to anyone saying HJ will loose... Its the other crap that goes with it... Our district is much tougher... MUCH TOUGHER... The teams we played in your district were no match... My son no-hit Cleveland, and Cody Cash 1 hit Tarkington.... I'm just saying, we have Grayson Padgett (signed with U of H) and 5 other kids who have hit homeruns off of kids signed with D-1 colleges... I believe we are 2 very evenly matched teams. I have also heard folks say this kid is upper 80's or that kid is lower 90's.... Usually means low 80's and mid 80's.... My son is 6'5" and left handed... Recorded 85-86 at Temple Jr College this past summer, I have the scouting report to prove it... On the mound during a game, he's probably topped out at 81-83.... But when people ask me what he throws, I'm like " he's up around 87"..... We were told Aiden Anderson was low 90's during the summer... Hardest pitch he threw against us was 88.... I'm not knockin that 88, just proving a point... He probably throws more strikes at 86-88 than 90-91.....

I personally know the senior righty and lefty from huffman from watching them pitch and have seen radar guns. Haven't seen the sophomore righty so I don't know about him at all.

No one else will say it so I will. I think Huffman is overrated and benefitted from playing in a weak district. If they win I will be on here to tell them good job, but I have a feeling HJ takes them down.

If you think Huffman is over rated you haven't been watching them. Nobody can control their district or how tough it is, all you can do is play who shows up. Huffman's playoff experience and talent will be difficult for anyone to match in the region, they are truly loaded. HJ has a shot because it's a one gamer and anything can happen but they'll have to play a big time game in every way to win it. Everybody knows HJ will bring their best but to say Huffman is over rated is just not being objective and just being a "homer". True baseball fans give credit where it's due and the people who know baseball will tell you Huffman is very good. Personally I hope HJ plays their best game of the season and figures out how to get a win. It's going to take a true team effort to pull it off. Good luck to HJ!

Rake1

If you think Huffman is over rated you haven't been watching them. Nobody can control their district or how tough it is, all you can do is play who shows up. Huffman's playoff experience and talent will be difficult for anyone to match in the region, they are truly loaded. HJ has a shot because it's a one gamer and anything can happen but they'll have to play a big time game in every way to win it. Everybody knows HJ will bring their best but to say Huffman is over rated is just not being objective and just being a "homer". True baseball fans give credit where it's due and the people who know baseball will tell you Huffman is very good. Personally I hope HJ plays their best game of the season and figures out how to get a win. It's going to take a true team effort to pull it off. Good luck to HJ!

Rake1

Great post.

Some people maybe should stick to the football threads. Is Huffman's district not as good as HJ district, no it is not. But I guess you missed who Huffman played before district. If you didn't know they played 6A and 5A teams and either beat them or held their own very well. So to say Huffman is overrated tells me you don't keep up with baseball very much.

And before Bedelmon comes on here with his awesome comments. I think HJ is a very good team and anything can happen in a 1 gamer. It should be a very good game.

I'm not opposed to anyone saying HJ will loose... Its the other crap that goes with it... Our district is much tougher... MUCH TOUGHER... The teams we played in your district were no match... My son no-hit Cleveland, and Cody Cash 1 hit Tarkington.... I'm just saying, we have Grayson Padgett (signed with U of H) and 5 other kids who have hit homeruns off of kids signed with D-1 colleges... I believe we are 2 very evenly matched teams. I have also heard folks say this kid is upper 80's or that kid is lower 90's.... Usually means low 80's and mid 80's.... My son is 6'5" and left handed... Recorded 85-86 at Temple Jr College this past summer, I have the scouting report to prove it... On the mound during a game, he's probably topped out at 81-83.... But when people ask me what he throws, I'm like " he's up around 87"..... We were told Aiden Anderson was low 90's during the summer... Hardest pitch he threw against us was 88.... I'm not knockin that 88, just proving a point... He probably throws more strikes at 86-88 than 90-91.....

Since the game is over now how about a post game report? Tell us again how many HR's against D-1 pitchers HJ has hit. Please also tell us about the pitcher that beat Bridge City and that 6'-5" pitcher that is/was untouchedable. Please tell us about that U of H catcher that went 0-3. Please tell everyone why/how this team that plays in such a weak district should even be allowed on the same field as HJ? After all is said our lefty extended his 0.00 ERA to 9 games and HJ had 2 hits.
No one NEVER disrespected HJ, you were the one disrespecting Huffman . Our kids saw your comments and used it as motivation so thank you.

I really do t think this thread had much if any disrespecting of the other team. It did have a lot of one sided high opinions of their teams. I think our district was stronger top to bottom but Huffman is definitely the best team in the two districts.

I really do t think this thread had much if any disrespecting of the other team. It did have a lot of one sided high opinions of their teams. I think our district was stronger top to bottom but Huffman is definitely the best team in the two districts.

Opinions are just that...

Facts are..

1) 24-4A #1 BC defeated
23-4A #4 Coldspring
2) 24-4A #2 Silsbee lost to
23-4A #3 Shepherd
3) 24-4A #3 WO-S defeated
23-4A #2 Splendora
2) 24-4A #4 HJ lost to
23-4A #1 Seed Huffman

Sounds like the seeding was pretty accurate. Regardless of what I think contributed to either the wins or losses in each game.