ACLU vs. Catholic Charities on Abortions and Contraceptives for immigrants?

bullets13

If I ran a charity and someone tried to force that charity to go against God's Word, I'd shut the charity down and let the ones being helped fend for themselves....it's pretty obvious they aren't willing to stop their sexual immorality then they don't need the help I would be providing....Now the catholics need to wake up and realize this and libtard extremist groups like the ACLU will shut the hell up and leave them alone........

I have a WHOLE, WHOLE lot of thoughts on this one...

First, if you've read the article, I feel like the title is misleading. I don't see where the ACLU is trying to require the Catholic Charity to provide abortions and contraceptives. It seems like they're more interested in not allowing them to forbid them? Kinda murky there. That being said, I have several issues about this whole deal:

1. Should a catholic organization be contracted by the government to the tune of $73 Million dollars? It seems to me that there could be some serious separation of church and state issues here, especially in situations where the church's beliefs may not be suited to providing the necessary services that they're being paid for.

From the ACLU: "“The Catholic Bishops are taking millions of dollars in federal grants- and then imposing their beliefs on this vulnerable population who they are supposed to serve… and that raises serious concerns under the separation of church and state provision in our Constitution,” said Amiri.

No matter how you feel about the ACLU, that really is a legitimate concern.

2. Is the Catholic Church's anti-abortion and anti-birth control stance really the best stance for us to adopt for young Mexican women who are coming and having babies that essentially anchor them in the country? I know that many of you guys are anti-abortion, and I respect that, but surely you would prefer than young immigrant women, especially those who may be victimized, be put on some form of birth control the minute that they come under government or Catholic Charities' protection (for lack of a better word).

If I ran a charity and someone tried to force that charity to go against God's Word, I'd shut the charity down and let the ones being helped fend for themselves....it's pretty obvious they aren't willing to stop their sexual immorality then they don't need the help I would be providing....Now the catholics need to wake up and realize this and libtard extremist groups like the ACLU will shut the hell up and leave them alone........

The deal is, this "charity" has a major contract with the government. So if they want to follow God's Word (as they interpret it), then they probably should get rid of the contract worth tens of millions of dollars with a government who allows legal services that their religion disagrees with. If they're going to take the money from the government, then they need to provide those legal services, as they benefit our country.

I, personally, would prefer for them to stay in their own country and not come over here expecting a handout......

Most of them come here to work. But if you offer someone free stuff, they're going to take it. That being said, I would prefer for them to come over and not immediately get pregnant with an anchor baby because Catholic Charities refuses to allow them access to birth control.

The deal is, this "charity" has a major contract with the government. So if they want to follow God's Word (as they interpret it), then they probably should get rid of the contract worth tens of millions of dollars with a government who allows legal services that their religion disagrees with. If they're going to take the money from the government, then they need to provide those legal services, as they benefit our country.

If the Catholic Church walks away from this, can you tell me who would take their place?

If the Catholic Church walks away from this, can you tell me who would take their place?

That's another really good point I was planning on getting to. It's conceivable that a private organization might step in or be formed based on the large amount of money going into funding it, but who knows.

Sexual immorality and the murder of unborn children do NOT benefit this country and God will judge it soon for it's sins.....however, you are correct in one aspect....they should not be taking money from the government....

That's another really good point I was planning on getting to. It's conceivable that a private organization might step in or be formed based on the large amount of money going into funding it, but who knows.

If you had a group take on something like this for the money only...it would be a disaster.

Leave the Catholic Church to their business and allow them to not provide these "services" that go against their beliefs.

Sexual immorality and the murder of unborn children do NOT benefit this country and God will judge it soon for it's sins.....however, you are correct in one aspect....they should not be taking money from the government....

do you feel the same way about birth control? serious question. I feel like birth control is a very important service that we need to be providing to young immigrant women, Catholic Charities or no.

I'm going to stay away from the abortion issue, because A) I don't want to get way off topic on here, and B ) based on my research that's kinda what happens the least in these situations, and I'm assuming Fox just threw it in there to make the headline better clickbait.

If you had a group take on something like this for the money only...it would be a disaster.

Leave the Catholic Church to their business and allow them to not provide these "services" that go against their beliefs.

I kinda think you're right. But still, considering how strongly many feel about not having this huge influx of illegal aliens, it seems crazy to me that we'd be okay with the organization dealing with them when they make it here not doing the things they could to keep those illegal aliens from becoming pregnant.

Sex outside the marriage is a sin.....if they are not sinning, they don't need contraception.....

If I thought that not having access to contraception would keep them from having sex, I would kinda be able to follow your logic. That being said, in this case I don't believe contraception is going to encourage sinning, and I do believe it will help reduce the amount of money the US has to waste on children born here to unwed immigrant mothers.

If I thought that not having access to contraception would keep them from having sex, I would kinda be able to follow your logic. That being said, in this case I don't believe contraception is going to encourage sinning, and I do believe it will help reduce the amount of money the US has to waste on children born here to unwed immigrant mothers.

If they can afford to get to the border and come over, they can afford a condom.....don't take $$$ from my family to support their sin.....these people should be rounded up and sent packing as soon as they are caught....i would not mind my tax $$$ being spent to do that......