Hardin-Jefferson 8 West Orange-Stark 1/Final

Kj Dad

ok here is what happened.  the game was in sour lake.  too wet.  so should swap sites move to wos.  wos AD said no. we will play Wednesday at HJ   which if that had happened tomorrow wos would have forfeited due to not following uil recommendations for first half of district rain outs. the wos baseball coach was not going to let that happen. he kept plugging at it. the AD said they could not play there because could not find ticket taker and collect gate because not on some master schedule. nor could the lights be turned on because they had not been scheduled to be turned on.  but the game could be moved to wos if no gate and no lights and hj pay officials, and IF jv game was cancelled. so the younger kids do not get to play because they wont turn a switch.  also hj is home team today at wos (because paying the officials) and home next time at hj. so if being home team is an advantage then the decision to not turn on the lights, take a gate, and pay the umpires has taken that advantage away from the kids over there.  this info is all straight from the people in the know.

WOW!!!

"scheduled to be turned on". What does that mean?

Class WOS pure class! Really...I bet if it were footbal the AD would have been out there taking tickets himself while turning a hand cranked turbin to make electricity! If it were football...

everybody knows wos is a football school so yea ur probably right,on a side note the original schedule says jv game today @ wos and varsity @ hj ...what's up with that,I thought it was weird

everybody knows wos is a football school so yea ur probably right,on a side note the original schedule says jv game today @ wos and varsity @ hj ...what's up with that,I thought it was weird

It's my understanding that because HJ does not have lights the JV games will be played away when varsity is at home. Only have time to play one game at HJ.