26. Texas Tech

34. Arkansas 

42. Houston

48. SMU

54. Texas

67. Oklahoma

70. Texas State

This is the hidden content, please

Does this include TCUs big pick up at QB?

Aggies problem is that 4 other SEC schools are ahead of them.

I believe it's updated daily 

There are always SEC teams at the top, so nothing new for the Ags.  At least they aren't 7th in their state I guess. 

And they could still win the weak ass Big XII and play for  a NC long before the 7th place SEC team even wins their division. 

​At least you got the "Weak Ass Big XII" right.  Please win more than 6 games before you and your coach claim the next NC.

Take TCU and Baylor out what you have left last year?

Edited by OldTimer

​At least you got the "Weak Ass Big XII" right.  Please win more than 6 games before you and your coach claim the next NC.

Take TCU and Baylor out what you have left last year?

​Never claimed the next one, just claimed one before the aggies. Hell, I'll go out on a limb and say even my SWT Bobcats will win a NC before the aggies.

As weak as the Big XII may be, your aggies still could not compete. Mediocre now, mediocre then, mediocre forever.

​Shawn Robinson is a 2017 commit. TCU has the #5 2017 class so far. Ag's problem is that kid realize they have to live in College Station once they enroll. I said it once before and it wasn't popular but the majority of the reason A&M recruits the way they do is because of Sumlin. If he wasn't there you would never get the urban kids to commit at the rate they do. Very few kids with real options from those places chose A&M before and if Sumlin leaves they'll stop again. Another mediocre season at A&M and I think Sumlin bolts for the NFL while he still can. I doubt A&M can ever consistently challenge at the top of the SEC like some Ag fans think.

​Shawn Robinson is a 2017 commit. TCU has the #5 2017 class so far. Ag's problem is that kid realize they have to live in College Station once they enroll. I said it once before and it wasn't popular but the majority of the reason A&M recruits the way they do is because of Sumlin. If he wasn't there you would never get the urban kids to commit at the rate they do. Very few kids with real options from those places chose A&M before and if Sumlin leaves they'll stop again. Another mediocre season at A&M and I think Sumlin bolts for the NFL while he still can. I doubt A&M can ever consistently challenge at the top of the SEC like some Ag fans think.

​Like John Boy, K Allen seems to enjoy the Austin night life.

CIy_QA2UMAIGzBF.jpg

I believe it's updated daily

There are always SEC teams at the top, so nothing new for the Ags.  At least they aren't 7th in their state I guess.

​You're technically right for now. A&M is ahead of Texas because they have over twice the commits right now. If you look at the player averages Texas' commits are rated slightly higher right now though.

If you look further into it you'll see that even though A&M signed three 5 stars they still finished behind Texas in the class rankings last year and only finished .005 of a percentage point higher in player average. I think that's pretty interesting, tells me more top recruits are buying into what Strong is preaching but waiting to see A&M's win total.

Edited by coog02

​You're technically right for now. A&M is ahead of Texas because they have over twice the commits right now. If you look at the player averages Texas' commits are rated slightly higher right now though.

If you look further into it you'll see that even though A&M signed three 5 stars they still finished behind Texas in the class rankings last year and only finished .005 of a percentage point higher in player average. I think that's pretty interesting, tells me more top recruits are buying into what Strong is preaching but waiting to see A&M's win total.

​Are we talking kids signed on signing day or actually enrolled in school - there is a major difference this year.  If you take kids actually enrolled in school then it appears Strong's preaching might - just might not be as good as you think it is.

If Strong - Hell any coach at Texas - cannot pull in a top 20 recruiting class should be immediately fired as just the Texas name and history should pull in that many recruits.  I have stated manys time that I hope and do think that Strong will be a good coach for Texas - but the blinders that some Texas fans have amaze me - he is not perfect - just like Sumlin is not perfect either.

In my opinion you are right on one point - Sumlin if not successful this year will be in trouble in College Station - However, do I think that if Sumlin is replaced that the recruiting will just dry up - No - The facilities, SEC and other factors will not go away with Sumlin's departure - Texas will have to share the Texas recruits with A&M, Baylor and TCU for a time to come.  Can A&M get a top 10 class every year - I doubt that very much but a top 20 should be expected.  I would say the same thing about Texas A&M coaches if they cannot have a top 25 recruiting class every year with what they have to offer then replace them as they are not performing. 

​Are we talking kids signed on signing day or actually enrolled in school - there is a major difference this year.  If you take kids actually enrolled in school then it appears Strong's preaching might - just might not be as good as you think it is.

If Strong - Hell any coach at Texas - cannot pull in a top 20 recruiting class should be immediately fired as just the Texas name and history should pull in that many recruits.  I have stated manys time that I hope and do think that Strong will be a good coach for Texas - but the blinders that some Texas fans have amaze me - he is not perfect - just like Sumlin is not perfect either.

In my opinion you are right on one point - Sumlin if not successful this year will be in trouble in College Station - However, do I think that if Sumlin is replaced that the recruiting will just dry up - No - The facilities, SEC and other factors will not go away with Sumlin's departure - Texas will have to share the Texas recruits with A&M, Baylor and TCU for a time to come.  Can A&M get a top 10 class every year - I doubt that very much but a top 20 should be expected.  I would say the same thing about Texas A&M coaches if they cannot have a top 25 recruiting class every year with what they have to offer then replace them as they are not performing.

​I was talking about both. Lampkin is probably the only kid that won't eventually get to campus. That pales in comparison to A&M's 2013 class of which probably only half of the signees are still there. While A&M is in the SEC and it helps their recruiting some it's really not that big of a factor in overall recruiting. The facilities are good at A&M but a barber shop in the locker room or interactive lockers won't sway many kids who are being offered by other big programs. It may help Bama, LSU, Florida and Georgia but those are traditional powers, A&M isn't. Most of the quality players come strictly to play for Sumlin.

​While A&M is in the SEC and it helps their recruiting some it's really not that big of a factor in overall recruiting. 

It's funny that recruit after recruit keeps mentioning wanting to play against the best in the SEC.  I guess they are lying.

Kids these days want to play on the big stage in front of a national TV audience week after week. The Big 12 TV contracts are a joke.  I believe UTSA has more nationally televised games this coming year than Texas.  Keep denying if yall want, it makes it more fun for us to point and laugh. 

It's funny that recruit after recruit keeps mentioning wanting to play against the best in the SEC.  I guess they are lying.

Kids these days want to play on the big stage in front of a national TV audience week after week. The Big 12 TV contracts are a joke.  I believe UTSA has more nationally televised games this coming year than Texas.  Keep denying if yall want, it makes it more fun for us to point and laugh. ​

Why not say that. There is no other reason to go to aTm.

Oh yea. Texas not being on "national" TV is taking a toll. I like to point and laugh when I'm among aggies too.

Kids these days want to play on the big stage in front of a national TV audience week after week. The Big 12 TV contracts are a joke.  I believe UTSA has more nationally televised games this coming year than Texas.  Keep denying if yall want, it makes it more fun for us to point and laugh.

​If they want to play against the best in the SEC then why don't Arkansas, Missouri, Kentucky and Vandy recruit at a high level? Why can Louisville out recruit Kentucky on a regular basis? Find the article where Clarence McKinney talks about why Sumlin connects with the urban kids and you'll see it has very little to do with the SEC. Kids want to play on the big stage but they also don't want to lose 59-0. Eventually they just go join  the best instead of getting beat down by them. As the nostalgia wears off A&M will slowly regress back to the mean, they're basically already there now. Trust me when I say that probably less than 10% of the kids A&M signs actually saw them play a game on TV growing up against someone other than Texas. On the other hand 90% can tell you about memories they have of watching Texas on TV. If Texas and A&M end up with the same record again you'll see Texas finish with a better class again. You can hang on to the SEC coat tail all you want but that's just more for us to point and laugh at also.

Will just have to agree to dis-agree - If Sumlin was the ONLY reason for the A&M to have top 25 recruiting classes then why then from 2002 - 2011 did A&M have 3 top 10 classes and another 7 top 25 classes (only 1 year 2007 was out of the top 25) before Sumlim, new facilities or the move to the SEC?  

And don't bring up previous classes like it is just at A&M that players leave as if you look at the Texas 2013 recruiting class only 8 out of 14 signers are still on the roster at Texas - So it happens to all universities.

And only quality players come to play for Sumlin - REALLY?  Texas A&M has 34 listed on NFL rosters at one level or another so do not tell me that A&M cannot attract the top players - it does have to start getting better seasons and longer back to back winning seasons there is no doubt. 

And even if Lampkin is the "only" player that won't be on campus that still makes A&M with a better 2015 recruiting class - but I expect that more than Lampkin will be no-shows. 

Will just have to agree to dis-agree - If Sumlin was the ONLY reason for the A&M to have top 25 recruiting classes then why then from 2002 - 2011 did A&M have 3 top 10 classes and another 7 top 25 classes (only 1 year 2007 was out of the top 25) before Sumlim, new facilities or the move to the SEC?

And don't bring up previous classes like it is just at A&M that players leave as if you look at the Texas 2013 recruiting class only 8 out of 14 signers are still on the roster at Texas - So it happens to all universities.

And only quality players come to play for Sumlin - REALLY?  Texas A&M has 34 listed on NFL rosters at one level or another so do not tell me that A&M cannot attract the top players - it does have to start getting better seasons and longer back to back winning seasons there is no doubt.

And even if Lampkin is the "only" player that won't be on campus that still makes A&M with a better 2015 recruiting class - but I expect that more than Lampkin will be no-shows.

​No, quality players don't only come to play for Sumlin. The tackle A&M just signed from Buda Hayes would have come anyway, when he said "they have horses close by the stadium" it lets you know A&M was probably the leader all along. Before Sumlin got to A&M find one recruit other than Joekel and Matthews boys(maybes) that had offers from Texas when they signed with A&M. Charlie had to clean up the entitlements which is why kids were dismissed which no doubt affected the initial product, Sumlin won the first year with Sherman's players then subsequently digressed when he recruited his own even though they were rated much higher. Manziel, Evans, Moore, Miller, etc. never got Texas offers or they wouldn't have chosen Ag at that time. Same goes for Reggie McNeal. Ask Penn State how recruiting with James Franklin is going vs how it did with Bill O'Brian who did a good enough job there to get an NFL gig? So yes, we'll just have to disagree on that.  

A&M better hope their qb situation works out this year or they'll be lucky to match their win total from last year while Texas is probably a 10 win season away from totally dominating the state in recruiting once again. Texas fans understand it takes more than highly ranked recruiting classes to win big, not sure Ag gets that yet.

​No, quality players don't only come to play for Sumlin. The tackle A&M just signed from Buda Hayes would have come anyway, when he said "they have horses close by the stadium" it lets you know A&M was probably the leader all along. Before Sumlin got to A&M find one recruit other than Joekel and Matthews boys(maybes) that had offers from Texas when they signed with A&M. Charlie had to clean up the entitlements which is why kids were dismissed which no doubt affected the initial product, Sumlin won the first year with Sherman's players then subsequently digressed when he recruited his own even though they were rated much higher. Manziel, Evans, Moore, Miller, etc. never got Texas offers or they wouldn't have chosen Ag at that time. Same goes for Reggie McNeal. Ask Penn State how recruiting with James Franklin is going vs how it did with Bill O'Brian who did a good enough job there to get an NFL gig? So yes, we'll just have to disagree on that.  

A&M better hope their qb situation works out this year or they'll be lucky to match their win total from last year while Texas is probably a 10 win season away from totally dominating the state in recruiting once again. Texas fans understand it takes more than highly ranked recruiting classes to win big, not sure Ag gets that yet.

You should start a blog.  Fat Ketch and Chimp make a killing pumping sunshine.  You are missing out on your $9.95 per month