Little League strips U.S. title

Bobcat101

Little League Baseball has stripped the U.S. championship from the Chicago-based Jackie Robinson West team and has suspended the coach for violating a rule prohibiting the use of players who live outside the geographic area that the team represents, it was announced Wednesday.

The Jackie Robinson West team, the first all-African-American team to win the championship, must vacate wins from the 2014 Little League Baseball International Tournament -- including its Great Lakes Regional and United States championships.

Breaking the rules will always hurt kids.

Guest ECBucFan

Dont know what Obama has to do with a little league team but I moved this to the right forum and merged the topic.   :rolleyes:

Obama and other Chicago politicians have had a lot to do with this team.

Right now they are infuriated and defiant. They defend their cheating team, and offer no apologies the children of the other teams who were robbed by Jackie Robinson LL.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-jackie-robinson-west-austin-met-20150211-story.html

Obama and other Chicago politicians have had a lot to do with this team.

Right now they are infuriated and defiant. They defend their cheating team, and offer no apologies the children of the other teams who were robbed by Jackie Robinson LL.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-jackie-robinson-west-austin-met-20150211-story.html

I didn't see anywhere in that article they're defending cheating. And I agree with them the kids did a great job, the adults in the matter are at fault. I wouldn't blame the kids either. Fact of the matter is the President and other politicians didnt put the team together so the team has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with them. 

Guest ECBucFan

I didn't see anywhere in that article they're defending cheating.

They are certainly defending their team, so, by extension, they are certainly defending cheating. No mention at all of the Las Vegas team that was robbed, or any of the other teams that were robbed. Imagine if the roles were reversed, and Las Vegas cheated and knocked out JRLL, there would be a thermonuclear meltdown by the Chicago politicians.

Chicago is known globally for corruption and fraud. No reason to be surprised that it has trickled down into Chicago youth sports. Little League just took another gigantic black eye, courtesy of Jackie Robinson LL.  

They are certainly defending their team, so, by extension, they are certainly defending cheating. No mention at all of the Las Vegas team that was robbed, or any of the other teams that were robbed. Imagine if the roles were reversed, and Las Vegas cheated and knocked out JRLL, there would be a thermonuclear meltdown by the Chicago politicians.

Chicago is known globally for corruption and fraud. No reason to be surprised that it has trickled down into Chicago youth sports. Little League just took another gigantic black eye, courtesy of Jackie Robinson LL.  

Defending the kids, not the adults that caused this situation therefore not defending cheating. I guess we agree to disagree on this. 

Also (not referring to you) its kind of sickening ppl are making this a political issue only because it happens to be the President's "hometown"… As far as Chicago being known for corruption and fraud albeit maybe truth but has nothing to do with the situation. When this happened back several years ago (similar situation but AGE was in question) no one here was screaming bloody murder about it nor tried to make it a political issue. Real strange folks are making it that because of someone they dont like in the highest office. The focus should be on the adults who actually caused this situation to happen. 

Guest ECBucFan

I have been involved in LL for years, and I follow the LLWS every year. I read LL news from numerous media outlets yearly. The Danny Almonte scandal was a huge one. It reverberated throughout the US and Caribbean. There was tons of political overtones in it, just like this one has now. You can still look back at archived news stories and see.  

Meanwhile Pearland LL, who "lost" after Jackie Robinson rallied to "win", now asks WHAT IF? Its a great question. Pearland LL was well positioned (with their pitching staff) to be the US Champion, and to have played in the LLWS finals, had they not been cheated out by JR LL. 

http://abc13.com/sports/local-team-impacted-by-little-league-cheating-scandal/513853/

Finally, Who is making this a political issue? Get a load of this!: Jesse Jackson is now threatening lawsuits!

I have been involved in LL for years, and I follow the LLWS every year. I read LL news from numerous media outlets yearly. The Danny Almonte scandal was a huge one. It reverberated throughout the US and Caribbean. There was tons of political overtones in it, just like this one has now. You can still look back at archived news stories and see.  

Meanwhile Pearland LL, who "lost" after Jackie Robinson rallied to "win", now asks WHAT IF? Its a great question. Pearland LL was well positioned (with their pitching staff) to be the US Champion, and to have played in the LLWS finals, had they not been cheated out by JR LL. 

http://abc13.com/sports/local-team-impacted-by-little-league-cheating-scandal/513853/

Finally, Who is making this a political issue? Get a load of this!: Jesse Jackson is now threatening lawsuits!

I thought the link was showing where he was doing that, and if in fact he is he needs to shut his trap along with other folks making it a political issue. As I stated before: the focus should be on the adults who caused this situation. 

Guest ECBucFan

Now that the cheaters from Jackie Robinson LL have been officially stripped, I am waiting for the rightful National Champions, Mountain Ridge Little League from Las Vegas, to be invited to the White House for their recognition and celebration. Thats coming soon, right?     

Now that the cheaters from Jackie Robinson LL have been officially stripped, I am waiting for the rightful National Champions, Mountain Ridge Little League from Las Vegas, to be invited to the White House for their recognition and celebration. Thats coming soon, right?     

Only way you get a rightful National Champ outta this situation is to re-do it without the Chicago team, who's to say that one of the teams they beat wouldn't have beaten that LV team? The only reason why LV would be given the title is because it was the last team that Chicago team played from the U.S.

Is what it is.

Now what should happen is the adults responsible for this occuring pay for a trip to the white house for all who played that chicago team, and I think we can all agree that it is highly unlikely that will happen. 

Guest ECBucFan

Only way you get a rightful National Champ outta this situation is to re-do it without the Chicago team, who's to say that one of the teams they beat wouldn't have beaten that LV team? The only reason why LV would be given the title is because it was the last team that Chicago team played from the U.S.

Is what it is.

Now what should happen is the adults responsible for this occuring pay for a trip to the white house for all who played that chicago team, and I think we can all agree that it is highly unlikely that will happen. 

They won't pay for anything. JR-LL gets everything given to them. Their home stadium was donated. Their equipment was donated. Their uniforms were donated. Their transportation to Pennsylvania and Washington DC was donated. Everything was handed out to them. JR-LL is a "cause" for Little League, ESPN, and ABC, and for a number of pro athletes and politicians.

Expunging Jackie Robinson from all LL records and recognizing Las Vegas as the rightful USA National Champion is all that can be done to mitigate the damage at this point. You cannot replay and give teams like the very deserving Pearland LL the chance they rightfully deserved.  

Seoul South Korea, not Japan, won the LLWS 8-4.

what is funny is LL knew about this situation during the world series. 

they did everything they could to avoid making this a decision. LL put off their decision as long as they could so JRW could get full benefit from it.

JRW made over $160,000 dollars from this incident. where does that money go now? 

i love listening to the people who believe the kids did not know what was going on. the kids may have not been at fault but they knew what was going on.