Why do the mvp have to meet all theses made up requirements. Playoffs are not JJ watt was the best player in the NFL. By along shot. They should just change it to the best qb that makes the playoff award. How can you not be the offense player of the year and still be considered the MVP never got that. The NFL just sent a message as a defensive player you have no chance in hell of grabbing the MVP. Value destroys everything a defensive player can never be as valuable as a qb wr rb etc. Change MVP to Player of the year Award.

I thought the stats had to be there, and it was the team that would suffer the most without that player. I'm a Cowboy fan and Watt should get it over Murray or Dez. Herschel Walker should have won it when the Cowboys were 3-13 and he was second in rushing in the NFL. Just my two cents.

Yeah, who in the heck voted for Bobby Wagner? In order for Watt to have won, imo he needed to at least lead the league in sacks and the team make the playoffs. Had a lot of impact plays, but the QB touches the ball every play(almost) and has a bigger impact on the game.

Tony Dungy

In his defense, the Seahawks were struggling before he came back, then they were great.

Why do the mvp have to meet all theses made up requirements. Playoffs are not JJ watt was the best player in the NFL. By along shot. They should just change it to the best qb that makes the playoff award. How can you not be the offense player of the year and still be considered the MVP never got that. The NFL just sent a message as a defensive player you have no chance in hell of grabbing the MVP. Value destroys everything a defensive player can never be as valuable as a qb wr rb etc. Change MVP to Player of the year Award.

MVP is not an abbreviation for "best player." With JJ Watt, the texans missed the playoffs. Without him, the same result, with a couple of less wins. Without Murray, i believe the cowboys can put in dunbar and still win 10-11 games and probably make the playoffs. With Rodgers, the packers made the NFC championship game. Without him, they lose several more games and miss the playoffs. Hence, Rodgers was more valuable, and consequently, so is the qb position. As great as JJ is, and I would argue he's as dominant at his position as any player has EVER been at any position, the position he plays doesn't allow him to impact the game the way skills position offensive players do. It's just the nature of the game.

Even with the line I am still not sure you get the kind of output that Dallas needed. Murray is the type of back that makes he Cowboys better. He took the pressure off and made it possible for Romo relax and have a great year as well. He had a good case. Rodgers did as well. As for JJ, being a defensive player on a team that didn't make the playoffs made it hard for him to win it. He is the best player in football just didn't have a good case for MVP.

MVP is not an abbreviation for "best player." With JJ Watt, the texans missed the playoffs. Without him, the same result, with a couple of less wins. Without Murray, i believe the cowboys can put in dunbar and still win 10-11 games and probably make the playoffs. With Rodgers, the packers made the NFC championship game. Without him, they lose several more games and miss the playoffs. Hence, Rodgers was more valuable, and consequently, so is the qb position. As great as JJ is, and I would argue he's as dominant at his position as any player has EVER been at any position, the position he plays doesn't allow him to impact the game the way skills position offensive players do. It's just the nature of the game.

I agree that's why I prefer player of the year. Let's the best player in the NFL win regardless.

The only number Aaron Rodgers had that was significant was his INT. That's it. Tony Romo out played Rodgers at QB all year long. Romo had top comp. % 70.0, top  Avg/A  8.5, top QBR 113.3. Romo was the top QB in the fourth quarter, also top QB in Dec. I'd pick Rodgers as the third best player this year behind Romo and Watt.  

Rodgers may have been the tenth best but to his team he was more valuable than Romo. JJ had an argument for being more of an MVP than Romo but his teams performance wasn't good enough. Romo had a great year but he had another player in Murray that was just as valuable and maybe more valuable than he was this year. The two of them took away from each other's chances. Green Bay is nowhere near the same without Rodgers but the Cowboys may not have suffered greatly without either Murray or Romo. Sure another running back may have provided enough to keep the Cowboys going but thats guess work. Being a starting QB romo would have been a little harder to replace but with Murrays output the game plans could have been simpler for a backup qb and still been effective.

The only number Aaron Rodgers had that was significant was his INT. That's it. Tony Romo out played Rodgers at QB all year long. Romo had top comp. % 70.0, top Avg/A 8.5, top QBR 113.3. Romo was the top QB in the fourth quarter, also top QB in Dec. I'd pick Rodgers as the third best player this year behind Romo and Watt.

It's "MVP", not top obscure stat player.

Randle averaged 6.7 ypc. Cowboys stunk with Weeden in at QB. Watt was great, but I'd argue Foster had the biggest impact on Houston winning 6 more games.

Randle did great but not sure he could have full time. Leading the league for the year and approaching 2000 yards is a little more than averaging 6.7 yards a carry in a backup role.

The only number Aaron Rodgers had that was significant was his INT. That's it. Tony Romo out played Rodgers at QB all year long. Romo had top comp. % 70.0, top  Avg/A  8.5, top QBR 113.3. Romo was the top QB in the fourth quarter, also top QB in Dec. I'd pick Rodgers as the third best player this year behind Romo and Watt.

Why is his QBR that's exactly one point higher than Rodgers' a big deal?  I'd say the extra touchdowns are more important that beating someone 113.2 to 112.2 in QBR. 4 more touchdowns, 4 less interceptions.  700 more yards passing. He also rushed for 269 yards, two TDs, and TWENTY first downs.  I'd say that's a pretty significant aspect of his game that he has a giant advantage over Romo in.  Look, I would've loved to have seen Romo win this thing, but your argument is silly.

You're saying that 700 extra passing yards, 4 extra TDs, and 4 less INTS (not to mention the rushing stats I brought up) are outweighed by Romo having a higher YPA and higher QBR, and higher completion percentage.  I'll buy that the completion percentage is a win for Romo (by 4.3%, a noteworthy amount), but QBR is irrelevant when you're separated by only a point (and 10 points higher than anyone else), and I'm not putting any stock at all into Romo averaging 0.09 more yards an attempt that Rodgers.