Willie Ray Smith Award finalist???

• 2 weeks later...

There is no unanimous choice on either side of the ball. Choate, Smith, Morse, Jacquet, Seay and Kendrick King can all make strong cases on offense. DT, Roney Elam, P.J. Locke, Dan Adams, Blain Padgett could all make the case on defense.

Tough choices IMO.

I don't know what glasses you're looking through :ph34r: 

Leave It Alone BigCam w e know wh at it is!!!! Politi cs!!! Always Have Been Always Will Be!!! The Sad Part Is My Kid Is One Of The Most Respectful,Humble,And Well Rounded Young Men To Be From This Awfully Bad BISD!!! One Of The True Bright Lights Shinning In Gory Community!!! We Are Good Whether If He Wins It Or If They Give It To Someone Else!!! I Told Him At The End Of The Season To Be Prepared To Smile And Clap For The Other Guy. I Told Him He Would Have To Do That With Dignity On Both Awards!!! Congrats To The Winner Of These Awards!!! They Want Make Are Break My Boy!!!!

Leave It Alone BigCam w e know wh at it is!!!! Politi cs!!! Always Have Been Always Will Be!!! The Sad Part Is My Kid Is One Of The Most Respectful,Humble,And Well Rounded Young Men To Be From This Awfully Bad BISD!!! One Of The True Bright Lights Shinning In Gory Community!!! We Are Good Whether If He Wins It Or If They Give It To Someone Else!!! I Told Him At The End Of The Season To Be Prepared To Smile And Clap For The Other Guy. I Told Him He Would Have To Do That With Dignity On Both Awards!!! Congrats To The Winner Of These Awards!!! They Want Make Are Break My Boy!!!!

Imagine what we would be saying about your boy if he didn't have to give the spotlight to Hervey last year.  You know, nobody talked about Frank Gore much in college because he was playing behind Willis McGahee at Miami.  But people saw what a beast he was when he got in the league.

So what you are saying is that if Demarcus does not win the WRS Offensive award it is because of politics?? C'mon man!!

This is my first year to vote and Demarcus is one of the 4 players I nominated for the offensive award. But, the other three that I nominated I feel are just as deserving. No politics involved!

This award isn't just about 6A-5A. :rolleyes:

If the Guys can vote Quirante MVP on Both sides, certainly ya'll should agree Mr Smith is at the top of the list on Offense. I'm just putting it out there, I know it's up for debate; that's why the forum was designed.

I understand the Super Gold, it covers a bigger area, but as far as the SETX I know, there wasn't a better Player in the area than Mr Smith

JMO

If the Guys can vote Quirante MVP on Both sides, certainly ya'll should agree Mr Smith is at the top of the list on Offense. I'm just putting it out there, I know it's up for debate; that's why the forum was designed.
I understand the Super Gold, it covers a bigger area, but as far as the SETX I know, there wasn't a better Player in the area than Mr Smith
JMO

I disagree....there are atleast 2 people who are, IMO, just as talented and just as skilled. And no this is not because of politics or anything cam. Davis was good but he wasn't heads and tails above everybody else. Montana, in his respective year, was heads and tails above everybody else.

Aggie Come On Brother You Are Not A Foolish Man Because I Met You Once!!!! I Told Him At The End Of the Season That He Would Not Win Because Of The thought Process Of A Few Not Many!!! Also Demarcus Has Been If Not The Best The Best 1 Or 2 RB'S In His Class!!! I Use To Pay Him 10$ A TD And Went To Work In Those Woods Of Sour Lake Hauling Oil Wells With Out Anything To Eat!!! Now You Want To Punish Him Because He Played 6A Ball And Faced LB's Averaging 6'2 205 Lineman 6'4 300 And DB's 6'0 Verses The Other Guys Playing Undersized Lineman 165lb!!! Come On Aggie!!! You Can Keep the Award Because He Is My MVP!!!

I would have to say rushing for 2,000 yards in 6A carries more weight than rushing for 2,000 yards in 3 or 4A. Just my opinion. Would like to see some stats though and try to compare. Different people have different opinions on how to rank players, hopefully politics doesn't play a role, but every year when the even the all district teams come out there's always some on there that make you wth.

Someone post all those players stats so we can compare them. Some of us don't know the stats of these players you mention. Shouldn't the award be for the best Offensive and defensive player? Stats don't lie IMO.

I respectfully disagree. If the stats aren't being kept by someone who knows what they are doing, they can be extremely skewed.

That is true. I would hope with the addition of Hudl that the coaches use now, that they are keeping track of stats, and if they are not, thats not right. I know many schools that use it to keep accurate stats.It helps them with school records, and helps those students get recognised at the next level. 

I disagree....there are atleast 2 people who are, IMO, just as talented and just as skilled. And no this is not because of politics or anything cam. Davis was good but he wasn't heads and tails above everybody else. Montana, in his respective year, was heads and tails above everybody else.

Quirante wouldn't make a pimple on Smith's behind MTC. Name the other 2 guys who you feel are better