Willie Ray Smith Award finalist???

6A and 5A backs have to deal with bigger and faster defenses than smaller schools do, but they also have the benefit (generally speaking) of bigger offensive lines. Also, RBs in lower classifications are asked to do more because there isn't as much depth. That's a luxury that 6A players usually get. I don't think it makes one class better than another, just something I've noticed covering games from 2A-6A.

6A and 5A backs have to deal with bigger and faster defenses than smaller schools do, but they also have the benefit (generally speaking) of bigger offensive lines. Also, RBs in lower classifications are asked to do more because there isn't as much depth. That's a luxury that 6A players usually get. I don't think it makes one class better than another, just something I've noticed covering games from 2A-6A.

Exactly. 4A and lower not only has RB's that rush for 1500+ yards, but those guys are usually their top tacklers on defense as well. More two way guys than at 6A-5A level.

It's all relevant.

Ozenfinest Cory Is an awesome back but like I said what are you going off of because he looks better at 6'1 verses 5'8? Or are You looking at stats statistics and measurable? Corey Dauphine = 1250ish on Yards 9 TD's combine #'s 73 -76 Sparq rating(speed, agility, strength and vertical) Demarcus Smith = 1440 yards 19 TD's combine #'s 102.99 and A 97.41 Sparq Ratings(speed agility strength and vertical). All against The Same Opponents Except For The Head To Head Where Demarcus Had Double The Yards Of Both Memorial RB's Put Together!!! Notice I Took Out The Playoff Game Against #3 In The State And 9th In The Nation Where He Was 182 And 3 TD's!!!

You gotta take a few things into account Davis, 1. Demarcus was the feature back which means he got majority if not all the carries Dauphine wasn't. 2. Demarcus played with one of the best WR in the state which allowed WB's offense to spread the field better. Dauphine played in a offense where the defense knew either 1 or 2 players where getting the ball, so the defense could key in on those two.

You gotta take a few things into account Davis, 1. Demarcus was the feature back which means he got majority if not all the carries Dauphine wasn't. 2. Demarcus played with one of the best WR in the state which allowed WB's offense to spread the field better. Dauphine played in a offense where the defense knew either 1 or 2 players where getting the ball, so the defense could key in on those two.

Which proves our point even more, Teams stacked the box for 1 back, not 2 backs. They knew he was getting the ball & couldn't stop him. You didn't know which PA back was getting the ball, couldn't stop those 2 Monsters over there either. Heck of a Tandem, very unselfish players to recognize the threat they created together

Well obviously the college coaches think the same way I do seeing that one kid is going play at the D-1 level and the other is going to play D-1a so obviously I'm not the only one that thinks Dauphine is the better player. However, Demarcus is a really good back but not better than Dauphine. I understand that's your son Davis but you have to be realistic at the end of the day? Lets put things into perspective what can Demarcus do a the RB that Dauphine cant? Dauphine's bigger, faster, star in two sports and has over 20 D-1 offers...where is the debate here really?

PS: I'm not speaking from a biased perspective like you and Big Cam, don't know the Dauphine kid at all just speaking from what I've seen from the two.

Nobody said  he was better than the 2 backs from PA, I'm stating based on the criteria for the Award, the WB RB was lights out this year. The 2 back system worked well, but may have cost either or both of them a nomination. Can't go on what we think may have happened. Both PA backs are very deserving of any accolade, but just because a College prefers them over another kid has no bearing on their HS performance for which this award is based upon.

Nobody said  he was better than the 2 backs from PA, I'm stating based on the criteria for the Award, the WB RB was lights out this year. The 2 back system worked well, but may have cost either or both of them a nomination. Can't go on what we think may have happened. Both PA backs are very deserving of any accolade, but just because a College prefers them over another kid has no bearing on their HS performance for which this award is based upon.

Lol what other offensive player had a better year than Dauphine besides maybe Sage Seay who'd be my second pick for this award? And only reason Dauphine may not win is because PA didn't have a winning season. I was nominated for this award and the voters put a lot of emphasis on team success which I disagree with. Should be based soley on player performance, which is why the award really don't mean anything IMO.

Lol KA Brother toughen up don't get your panties in a bunch. It's only chatter!!! Lol!!! Sports Forum Not Sunday Morning Service With The Apostle Paul.........Bunyan!!!! Lol!!! Come on Man Really!?!?

Hey man I'm I couldn't care less...no panties in a bunch and I'm tough enough...just made a comment that if this thread continued with shots fired like they were (but have since ceased) then this thread wouldn't make it much longer...carry on

Ozenfinest like I said homeboy you can have your opinion and your man crush on Dauphine but cut the bull. College coaches are telling him that the only problem is that his best film is this year. Do you honestly think that Cory is that much better than Demarcus? Well I will give you at least one coaches views, Demarcus My Man You Are Flying Under The Radar, he also added, Dauphine and Martin Or Good But Doesn't Have Your Vision Or Lateral Movement. Also, He has had 2 FBS schools call within the last 2 weeks that are showing interest. One saying the only problem with you is that your best season is this season. Now you can move around with the idiotic ideology that that kid is Marshawn Lynch and my son is somehow a 3rd Streamer!!! By Yhe Way Dummy The Coavhes Of 21-6A Did Not Think So When They Named Him Superlative All District OFFENSIVE MVP!!!

Someone post all those players stats so we can compare them. Some of us don't know the stats of these players you mention. Shouldn't the award be for the best Offensive and defensive player? Stats don't lie IMO.

I disagree about stats being the true tale of the tape. For example, A QB could put up tremendous #s and most of that could be YAC. The QB's average throw could be 5-10 yds and then the WR jukes 3 people & takes it 80 yds for TD. Now compare that to how a Demarkus Smith got his stats against bigger and better defenses, and I would have to vote for Smith. He had lineman blocking for him but he carried that ball by himself all those yards. A QB with a better than average group of WRs is always going to get more recognition than they deserve.

Hey Fox Guess Whats Not All Talk!!! 1622 Yards On The Ground And 22 TD'S!!! School Record!!! Superlative All District OFFENSIVE MVP!!! 102.99 Sparq Rating The Highest Rating SETX!!! And On To The Next Chapter In His Life!!! They Know What He Is!!! LOL!!! CONGRATS TO THE YOUNG MEN WHO DID NOT GET SCAMMED OUT OF THE AWARD!!! PS We Are Good Of Here And Not Doing No Song And Dance For None Of You!!! Good Night!!! Lol!!!! All The Way To The Bank I Got My Money On My Boy Ask Your Kids They Know!!!! I Am Done Here And Don't Need Your Award Nor Your Forum So Watch Me As I Walk My Big Bad A_s Out The Door!!!

Hey Fox Guess Whats Not All Talk!!! 1622 Yards On The Ground And 22 TD'S!!! School Record!!! Superlative All District OFFENSIVE MVP!!! 102.99 Sparq Rating The Highest Rating SETX!!! And On To The Next Chapter In His Life!!! They Know What He Is!!! LOL!!! CONGRATS TO THE YOUNG MEN WHO DID NOT GET SCAMMED OUT OF THE AWARD!!! PS We Are Good Of Here And Not Doing No Song And Dance For None Of You!!! Good Night!!! Lol!!!! All The Way To The Bank I Got My Money On My Boy Ask Your Kids They Know!!!! I Am Done Here And Don't Need Your Award Nor Your Forum So Watch Me As I Walk My Big Bad A_s Out The Door!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT90D0GKZRM