Hull-Daisetta QB

Gotta love trolls on here. That's what happens when a person is a nerd and pushed around they're whole life. They never talk sports, or promote they're community/kids, just downgrade other schools.

Or get on a forum and live thru kids like some of us because we were a terrible player in high school.

Hey I'll give it to you my man; you definitely support your community! Hats off to you!

Delusional support. Hey to say it...but the state powerhouse days are over at HD. Those days are over and the oil field is dead...so they aren't coming back.

Had a heck of a run...but like all runs...eventually comes to an end.

You could be right, hope not... Why are you so certain and motivated about the topic of HD football?

I'm not. Don't take it personal..I'm just trying to change the mindset of SeTx thinking. I've been all over the state so I the difference.

You just seem more adamant than most. That's why I spend so much time on HD threads.

I'm not. Don't take it personal..I'm just trying to change the mindset of SeTx thinking. I've been all over the state so I the difference.

You just seem more adamant than most. That's why I spend so much time on HD threads.

I am curious. What mindset of SETX thinking needs to be be changed and what have you seen in your travels across the state that inspired this need to change the mindset of SETX thinking you speak of?

I am curious. What mindset of SETX thinking needs to be be changed and what have you seen in your travels across the state that inspired this need to change the mindset of SETX thinking you speak of?

There is a reason the same schools are successful every year. It is not a fluke. By successful I mean on a state level...not a local level. Let's look at schools that are recent powerhouses. Allen, Desoto, Aledo, Carthage, Gilmer, Tatum, Mart, Teneha, East Bernard, Brock.

These schools are successful because of the amount of emphasis they are putting on athletics. State of the art facilities..gym, fields, track, weight room, library, ag shop, ...school in general. Plus they have high salaries for their coaches/teachers, which attracts the best in the state in that profession. So kids are learning more than anywhere else in the state. Plus they have more coaches than most schools...meaning players are getting more individual attention.

Those are important details. Just go to one of those schools...you'll see immediately what I'm talking about. It takes money and commitment. Don't get me wrong...I know that's an issue down here. Population growth is stagnant. New business and industry is slow..making it hard on school budgets. But it seems like schools aren't even trying. There is a sense of satisfaction with being the "best in the area". That's a joke. Setx hasn't won a state championship in what..10 years in any sport. Um...that's a problem. Especially since there is so much athleticism down here. Probably as many or more big time D1 commits in the smaller schools than anywhere. And no titles? Hmm. Most of the time a SeTx school loses in the playoffs as soon as they meet a team from out of the area. Exception would be WOS and Newton this year...who both lost to overall less talented teams in the finals. Is that ok? Small school teams with SEC commits in football should not lose.

I guess the way of thinking is "things have always been like this and it's good enough"..

Every school board in this are need to take a field trip to any school in the Franklin/Teague district. You talking schools with 1/3 of Barbers Hill student body with nicer facilities. Nicer. And people here think Hardin has a nice field. That's a joke.

Thanks for the explanation. You have made some good observations and points. No one should be satisfied with mediocrity in any aspect of life, sports programs included. As you stated, local economy and industry  play a major factor in what can logically be done. School boards are responsible to the citizens and their children in their district to try to provide them with a quality education and that takes precedence. I hope that where more can be done to provide all the things you have mentioned that makes some programs successful on a consistent basis, will be done in the future.  

There is a reason the same schools are successful every year. It is not a fluke. By successful I mean on a state level...not a local level. Let's look at schools that are recent powerhouses. Allen, Desoto, Aledo, Carthage, Gilmer, Tatum, Mart, Teneha, East Bernard, Brock.

These schools are successful because of the amount of emphasis they are putting on athletics. State of the art facilities..gym, fields, track, weight room, library, ag shop, ...school in general. Plus they have high salaries for their coaches/teachers, which attracts the best in the state in that profession. So kids are learning more than anywhere else in the state. Plus they have more coaches than most schools...meaning players are getting more individual attention.

Those are important details. Just go to one of those schools...you'll see immediately what I'm talking about. It takes money and commitment. Don't get me wrong...I know that's an issue down here. Population growth is stagnant. New business and industry is slow..making it hard on school budgets. But it seems like schools aren't even trying. There is a sense of satisfaction with being the "best in the area". That's a joke. Setx hasn't won a state championship in what..10 years in any sport. Um...that's a problem. Especially since there is so much athleticism down here. Probably as many or more big time D1 commits in the smaller schools than anywhere. And no titles? Hmm. Most of the time a SeTx school loses in the playoffs as soon as they meet a team from out of the area. Exception would be WOS and Newton this year...who both lost to overall less talented teams in the finals. Is that ok? Small school teams with SEC commits in football should not lose.

I guess the way of thinking is "things have always been like this and it's good enough"..

Every school board in this are need to take a field trip to any school in the Franklin/Teague district. You talking schools with 1/3 of Barbers Hill student body with nicer facilities. Nicer. And people here think Hardin has a nice field. That's a joke.

I passed thru there many of times. Teague's stadium looks nice. 

Except for track and baseball. From what immediately comes to mind...

I know he said "any sport" but I believe he's referring to "football" state titles since this is a football forum. Idk just guessing

He might have been. Was responding to "any sport." Forgot about HJ and Kountze in basketball. Jasper has won a baseball state title, I believe, and WOS has won multiple track titles.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't use that area as fair comparison. They have ungodly amounts of coal money. Know for a fact that several schools in that area had to spend the extra money or send it to the state because of robin hood laws. They built new facilities and raised the pay for everybody just so they could keep it. Don't think SETX can do that. I'm not from the SETX, so not trying to make excuses.

You can't use that area as fair comparison. They have ungodly amounts of coal money. Know for a fact that several schools in that area had to spend the extra money or send it to the state because of robin hood laws. They built new facilities and raised the pay for everybody just so they could keep it. Don't think SETX can do that. I'm not from the SETX, so not trying to make excuses.

Bond.

There are lots of schools in East Texas and DFW metroplex that aren't rich per say that have built or are currently building state of the art facilities....it's called prioritizing!