2015 PNG INDIANS

That trio (Morse, Giblin and McZeal) are part of that "lack of talent" over here at the Rez.
Outside of WOS and Clear Lake fans the rest of the area really don't know much about Giblin due to the injury. All I gotta say is "GET READY". Those two will be a matchup nightmare and have a legitimate QB to get them the ball. You add Sullivan who finished third in the district in receiving yards last year (most of that in the second half of the year) to that mix and it has potential to be the best WR corp in the state at the 5A level. Runnels impressed me in the backfield this year. Reminds me of Harmon. Bigger back than Bertrand and Halfin. And Cropper can get carries and line up in the slot or at HBack. I see all sorts of variations with Giblin, Mczeal, Sullivan, Cropper and even Runnels at HBack. BF should have fun mixing up the formations and creating great match ups.

I think it's a stretch to talk about the receiving core being the best in the state. They will probably have good numbers due to the sheer volume of passing attempts PNG will have. The best receiving cores in the state have multiple playmakers, PNG has pass catchers or at least they did the times I've seen them recently. There's a difference. Ask anybody who's played both teams recently and ask who's harder to check, PNG's receivers or Keener and McBride who are both elite playmakers. That's just one example though. IMO when you throw the ball as much as PNG does it tends to make your defense softer because that's what they practice against. I hope the Indians have a good season though, would love to hear Cherokee while we're driving down the lane for another first round layup.

There's two teams you won't match up well with on this side and depends on how Dayton does replacing Mcbride, could be three. Like I told my buddy before the Dayton PNG game last year. I think you guys would be better off running it right at them and not getting in a shootout, they seem to make 1 more play than you do. Only time will tell. Hopefully Annaboli has a good season, one of the last ones over there that I coached.

I would also add Kingwood Park to that list due to the physical nature with which they play. They're losing an FBS qb in Henderson but gaining a better passer in Purcell. I'm almost willing to include Humble also because of their defense but the O is lacking so bad PNG would probably still beat them.

I think it's a stretch to talk about the receiving core being the best in the state. They will probably have good numbers due to the sheer volume of passing attempts PNG will have. The best receiving cores in the state have multiple playmakers, PNG has pass catchers or at least they did the times I've seen them recently. There's a difference. Ask anybody who's played both teams recently and ask who's harder to check, PNG's receivers or Keener and McBride who are both elite playmakers. That's just one example though. IMO when you throw the ball as much as PNG does it tends to make your defense softer because that's what they practice against. I hope the Indians have a good season though, would love to hear Cherokee while we're driving down the lane for another first round layup.

I agree they are really good but let's be realistic.

no matter what the outcome PNG is always fun to watch I hope them and Nederland go far into the playoffs.

It's early but how do Ozen and Central look?

But, until you can stop somebody, it doesn't matter. Putting up video game numbers on one side of the ball just gives you a bunch of offensive records and a first round exit. They need to put some of the better players on defense. Be a little more balanced as a team. When the O has to play perfect, then what happened against Dayton last year will continue to be that Achilles heel. My humbled opinion. 7-7 though, looking for a big run.

You took the words right out of my mouth... Bottom line is you are what your record says you are. At this time we are a 1rst round team... Period. Im not a booster/tailgate/Mondaynight meeting guy.  Im a realist.. BF is a good Offensive guy. What he lacks is on the other side.  We have proved video game numbers get you much of nothing. We will always be small, and undersized defensively. We make up for that with hard work, dedication, determination, and tenacity... Simply put, HEART.. I do think we are average to above average at QB, and WR. McZeal shows flashes, as well as Giblin. OL and DL IMO is below average. We will have 1 good linebacker and 1 good Safety returning. These guys have valuable experience from last year.  After watching the championship games on TV, I thought, man we can play with the WOS and Gilmers of the world.. Once the 5A games came on i realized we are nowhere close to being able to play with these guys.. My hats off to Crosby. Didnt watch them last year, but they must have been impressive to play with those folks. At Rb I think we will be average at best. Cropper has not shown the ability to stay on the field at all due to injuries. Thats due to his size... Runnells has great break away speed, IMO he is a poor mans Caleb Harmon, with the skills to improve through the season. Would like to see Girourd get involved possibly as a slot guy. We are to predictable with the deep ball.  As we know you cant always outjump the corner to make a play. The good defenses shut that down quickly. Hopefully the lineman get bigger and stronger over the season and a few more emerge. All that being said I do feel we are a playoff team, with the possibility of getting out of the 1rst round if we play to our abilitys. I also get tired of hearing about QB records, but to BFs credit, with a small line, rolling out and throwing is sometimes your best option.  Shore up these few areas and show a little balance and quite possibly we can play with the big boys.. First line of work should be to beat Nederland..... Do that and everything else will take care of itself...

Heard today Giblin is recovering well and maybe even doing some running. We are lining up for a good season. I have no problem with the naysayers saying. We gotta prove it on the field. I disagree with the average QB comment. I believe he is a great QB. The running game maybe average not sure thats usually a bigger part ol than anything else. When you have a QB who makes good decisions and has been a consistent winner through his school that makes him better than average in my book. He will be a great one for us. Im happy we have him back. Look forward to watching Rembert back as well as seeing lejune. The majority of the d-line getting a year older and stronger. Looking for a good season!!!

Heard today Giblin is recovering well and maybe even doing some running. We are lining up for a good season. I have no problem with the naysayers saying. We gotta prove it on the field. I disagree with the average QB comment. I believe he is a great QB. The running game maybe average not sure thats usually a bigger part ol than anything else. When you have a QB who makes good decisions and has been a consistent winner through his school that makes him better than average in my book. He will be a great one for us. Im happy we have him back. Look forward to watching Rembert back as well as seeing lejune. The majority of the d-line getting a year older and stronger. Looking for a good season!!!

Just make sure to tell Giblin to listen to his body and don't try to do to much to soon. Wish him speedy recovery and hope to seen him play this year.

Stattrack, you are on the money --IMO. PNG has undersized Def. with oversized hearts. I listened to a few games last year and the Lejune kid was all,over the broadcast. Good smart QB and lineman. Kind of like Nederland, imagine that.

Fairclothe can coach up the OBs but as proven in 7on 7 those Talented DBs and WR kill them (speed and height)

If the receivers were any where NEAR the top in the state, they would have already verbally committed, been all state, etc...like Ozen, WOS, Centrals guys are.

Records, college offers and playoff runs are what I gauge success by. -- they are tangible not emotional.

Truth is their Soccer and golf teams are the best programs BY FAR. Meche all state soccer 9th and 10th grade and Bailey # 8 in the state, #35 in the USA and like #81 in the world Baylor verbal committ as a Jr. In golf.

That is success! I read the soccer kid has like 6/7/8 shutouts as a goaly this year as a So. Will be all state 4 straight years that is truly being the best in your sport.

This in no way discounts PNGs super, super tops in the state program

So if the trio of Giblin, McZeal and Sullivan end up next year with two over a 1000 and a third over 750, would you not consider that group possibly the best group in 5A if no one else puts up comprable numbers.
Giblin was on pace to put up over 1500 yards before injury. Sullivan ended up over 500 most in second half of season. McZeal will get to work with Morse in 7 on 7 this year and has potential to put up huge numbers. Two big body wideouts over 6'3" are going to be a matchup nightmare.
Its not all about recruitment. Ask DT from WOS/Bama what he thinks about Giblin? I'd be shocked if he had too many negatives to say. If not for the injury Giblin would be getting looks now and McZeal will get offers (hes a sophomore getting attention now).
And we know "All State" football in Texas is BS.

Stattrack, you are on the money --IMO. PNG has undersized Def. with oversized hearts. I listened to a few games last year and the Lejune kid was all,over the broadcast. Good smart QB and lineman. Kind of like Nederland, imagine that.

Fairclothe can coach up the OBs but as proven in 7on 7 those Talented DBs and WR kill them (speed and height)

If the receivers were any where NEAR the top in the state, they would have already verbally committed, been all state, etc...like Ozen, WOS, Centrals guys are.

Records, college offers and playoff runs are what I gauge success by. -- they are tangible not emotional.

Truth is their Soccer and golf teams are the best programs BY FAR. Meche all state soccer 9th and 10th grade and Bailey # 8 in the state, #35 in the USA and like #81 in the world Baylor verbal committ as a Jr. In golf.

That is success! I read the soccer kid has like 6/7/8 shutouts as a goaly this year as a So. Will be all state 4 straight years that is truly being the best in your sport.

This in no way discounts PNGs super, super tops in the state program

If Toby was coaching at PNG, Giblin, McZeal and Morse would all have D1 offers already.

So if the trio of Giblin, McZeal and Sullivan end up next year with two over a 1000 and a third over 750, would you not consider that group possibly the best group in 5A if no one else puts up comprable numbers.
Giblin was on pace to put up over 1500 yards before injury. Sullivan ended up over 500 most in second half of season. McZeal will get to work with Morse in 7 on 7 this year and has potential to put up huge numbers. Two big body wideouts over 6'3" are going to be a matchup nightmare.
Its not all about recruitment. Ask DT from WOS/Bama what he thinks about Giblin? I'd be shocked if he had too many negatives to say. If not for the injury Giblin would be getting looks now and McZeal will get offers (hes a sophomore getting attention now).
And we know "All State" football in Texas is BS.

Having big numbers would be a product of the volume of passes PNG throws. It's like Georgetown was a few years ago with their pair of 1k yard receivers, nowhere close to the best core in the state but Hubanek threw it so much they caught a lot of passes and had good numbers. A better example is if you were to throw one of those guys on the other side of Rose who put up big numbers. It would be a solid core but the number of targets they would get would inflate their numbers. Rose probably had 20 targets to get about a dozen catches but only had like 130 receiving which is why he didn't get the FBS offer people in PNG thought he should. Singleton had less than half the catches that same year but had like 12 or 13 FBS offers because of his playmaking ability. There's a difference between "pass catchers" and "playmakers" which the best cores would have multiple of. PNG schemes guys open, the best receivers just flat out beat the coverage.

If Toby was coaching at PNG, Giblin, McZeal and Morse would all have D1 offers already.

Why do you think that? All of those kids are better athletes than anybody PNG had on their roster. Recruiters are always in the Triangle, I don't understand how moving up the road a few miles and playing in a less potent offense that produces the same record would benefit them? Kids from our that way rarely get passed over for FBS offers.

Giblin is now 6'4" tall is the word I recently was told. He is recovering well and looks to be good to go!!!!!!  Two 6'4" receivers thats pretty awesome especially for a PN-G team. Look for a better team and a really fast start next season. Cant wait to play state finalist WO-S right off the bat. Is always a great game against one of the most solid programs ever out of SETX

I think it's more about the brand of football played.  Nederland struggled defensively when they went to the spread.  Personnel were different, but not much different than last year.  We weren't dominant defensively, but effective.  Although Ned is in the spread now, it is more of a running based spread offense with the two backs.  When you run the football and are balanced by design, I think by nature it makes you more physical as a team and better defensively.  Plus you own more of the clock and that lends to better defensive performances as well.  Just my opinion, it's not that PNG can't play good defense, their brand of football makes it tougher, they are a run and gun machine.

Why do you think that? All of those kids are better athletes than anybody PNG had on their roster. Recruiters are always in the Triangle, I don't understand how moving up the road a few miles and playing in a less potent offense that produces the same record would benefit them? Kids from our that way rarely get passed over for FBS offers.

Let me ask you, who do you think is better at the recruiting game and getting his players exposure to college coaches, Toby or BF?  That's all I'm saying.

Let me ask you, who do you think is better at the recruiting game and getting his players exposure to college coaches, Toby or BF? That's all I'm saying.

You get exposure to college coaches at Camps. HS coaches in Texas are not allowed at those camps. Mom, Pop, MawMaw, PawPaw or Uncle RayRay, thats who is best at getting players exposure to college coaches.

You get exposure to college coaches at Camps. HS coaches in Texas are not allowed at those camps. Mom, Pop, MawMaw, PawPaw or Uncle RayRay, thats who is best at getting players exposure to college coaches.

Nobody gets 'discovered' at a camp.  Most of the camp admins and camp coaches already have a very, short list of who will be the MVP for that day before the first kid walks on the field.  But tell me more about how a college coach, or an admin from 247sports, rivals, studentsports, scout.com, etc will value the opinion of Uncle RayRay more than a coach like Toby Foreman.  This I would like to hear.  Please enlighten me.